What happened to the Eight?

Frater Cornelius

You can pretty much build your own The Eight with the existing rules. They don't really have any special rules except for a few.

Just wait till the Codex gets released, maybe GW will surprise us and do a seperate Farsight Enclave Codex (I doubt it tho).

• 1 month later...

The Eight have various Tau relics like Fusion Blades and the Onegar Gauntlet, without the codex you don't know what they do (no rules) or how much they would cost specifically on the Eight.

This being 8E though, hopefully GW will make The Eight not only awesomely fluffy but competitive (somewhat). Not necessarily Commanders/Coldstar spam...but thematically/lore- wise that's how effective they are. Eight legendary heroes making a stand!

I think The Eight will be mentioned but not have rules unless a Farsight Conclave Codex is released. So far it seems like GW is trying to streamline as much as possible and I don't think there is another type of unit that would set as an example like this from other codexes except maybe the last chancers or the DW squad which I'm not sure if the last chancers are even in the new IG dex and I don't recall seeing that DW squad in the index.

• 4 weeks later...

The only way I can really see anything being done for the Eight, and this is a massive long-shot, is if they do a Tau/Tyranids campaign featuring the Farsight Enclaves, and do a "campaign box" with the Eight getting models and rules in that.

Other than that, it'll just be "take a Commander with the specific Relic if they have one".