What more do I need?

Thunder_god

Hi all.

I'm building up my forces since the launch of 8th.  I want to go full Primaris, and I currently have the Dark Millennium boxed set, the Primaries Heroes, a Redemptor, a Repulser, a box of Rievers, Aggressors, Inceptors, Intersessors, and Hellblasters.

What more do I need to acquire to build towards a good 2000 point list? I also have Robby-G painted up, so he can join the fun when needed too.

I've read all the Primaris related threads and pursued the army lists to get some ideas.  I'm not the most competitive player.  I enjoy building and painting more, but being able to hold my own would be nice.

Thanks for the help everyone.

It sounds like you have a pretty good start going there. My first bit it advice would be to add up what you have into an army list, and see how much expansion you need to plan for. It may also reveal that you could get more CP by filling out such and such a detachment with only one or two more units, which you may find valuable and worth considering. After that, since you aren't a crazy competitive player I always recommend thinking about which units you've built or painted or played with that you liked the most, and considering duplicating those units.

Good luck building your force.

Well, a good start is Guilliman plus literally anything from C:SM. As far as Primaris go, I tend to run everything apart from Aggressors and Inceptor with good success. However, I tend to supplement them with some classicMarine stuff, namely Scouts, a Techmarine, the occadional Dread or Tank, most common a Twin AC Razorback. If you include Guilliman, you'll do fine, he's that broken. If not, your greatest challenge will be tanks and monsters, so you might look into Hellblasters, MW from Scout HB, VenDreads, LC on Repulsor and SM vehicles with LCs.

Since I want to stick with pure Primaris, I only evet include tanks or Scouts, as they fit well into a Primaris army.

Edited by Frater Cornelius