Mortarion assembly woes - sequence, gunslinger, basing

Kastor Krieg

I know this is not WYSIWYG for his loadout, but since there are actually two mirror hands with Lantern, all parts complete, I thought it might be cool to have him be a gunslinger, with Silence across his back or somesuch :biggrin.:

Watch out when assembling (1d), the "roof" part (#25) needs to be glued in BEFORE #26 (the tank), because otherwise the tank will get in the way. There is an image showing how they should horizontally align, but not one indicating the sequence and I've found out that the hard way. Had to cut off a part of the top left lip of the "roof" to squeeze the part into place. That's a piece that would be mostly obscured anyway, but just look out, mates :smile.:

I'm also considering removing the standalone Nurglings from his base, especially the middle one, because it's too busy, even if it's funny. I could use them elsewhere, maybe. 

It's a very good idea not to glue him to the base and treat them as two separate sub assemblies. Same with wings, really.

Edited by Kastor Krieg

There's no way to magnetize those wings by themselves, period.

But, BUT, if anyone's adventurous, daring, smart and skilled enough, they could try cutting the backpack tanks off the cloak bits, assembling that together with the wings, and magnetizing the whole thing to Mortarion's back. It's risky, but I think it can be pulled off.

Why stop at gunslinging Mortarion? Are there two scythes? :devil:

Nope. Two hafts, one blade. You could do it if you get your hands on a second blade, but who'd sell that on its own? Plus I think Morty would look rather... weird, dragging two Silences around.

On the other hand, you could try to get your hands on the Verminlord's... sickles? And give Mortarion a Malthael complex.

99120206023_PestilensCorruptor01.jpg

http://cdn.segmentnext.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/Diablo-3-Season-6-620x349.jpg

I'm going to replace the wings with some different ones... Hopefully will make them a little easier to mag-lock in place.

The basic problem is the weight. The pin-magnet combo stops the weight from pulling the wing out of polarity and causing the thing to fall off.

Ended up doing both wings the same. The angle was wrong for the two-pin solution.

gallery_85153_13688_290491.png

There's actually plenty of room at the large connection point. It would be perfect if it wasn't just too darn heavy for the polarity to stay aligned.

gallery_85153_13688_160117.png

It vorks! it vorks!

I can basically wave it around and it might as well be glued. Only flaw is aesthetic if you insist on staring at where the pin goes in.

Edited by Closet Skeleton

I can basically wave it around and it might as well be glued. Only flaw is aesthetic if you insist on staring at where the pin goes in.

Nothing a little bit of greenstuff couldn't fix. ;)

I imagine that the swing will either come down in a diagonal curve, or he's about to straight up cut someone in half down the middle. The new codex has fluff about how powerful Silence is, so it makes sense to me. Anyway it's based partly on my favorite old artwork:

http://pro.bols.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/200px-Mortarion_Prince_of_Decay.jpg

Awesome stuff, I don't have the skill set to even try and alter his model.  I went for the Lantern pointing version so it looks like he is about to shoot something.

I am however considering cutting off the little flies as they are driving me nuts whilst I try and paint him (something I am also not great at doing, art was never my thing lol).

I've cut the flies away on mine. They will make cool base detail or sth. Or maybe objective markers. No clue yet.

I decided to cut the flies off mine in the end...too much around him.  I also left off all the nurglings as these will go onto my tanks (as I want my tanks to look like they have been taken over by Nurglings).

wow Lagrath I may need to copy yo on that... if I have the skill to do it that is.

Thanks!  For the record, every step of this has been incredibly hard, so I don't recommend it unless you are very brave haha.

wow Lagrath I may need to copy yo on that... if I have the skill to do it that is.

Thanks!  For the record, every step of this has been incredibly hard, so I don't recommend it unless you are very brave haha.

Can you explain the steps please?