Atia's Death Guard - Siege of Terra Era (Typhus!)

Atia

Howdy Guys and Girls :happy.:

So it looks like we have a Death Guard sub forum now, eh? Guess it's time to make a showcase thread for my finished Death Guard stuff :smile.:

I'm slowly working on my Siege of Terra era First Plague Company force - my army so far:

gallery_79873_10492_314412.jpg

And some close-ups from my recently finished Dreadnought:

Treacus

Former Destroyer Sergeant, Ferrus Infernum Dreadnought of the Death Guard

gallery_79873_10492_170367.jpg

The Death Guard relied throughout the Great Crusade almost exclusively on its infantry to provide its strategic strength, with the bulk of tactical support firepower coming from heavily armed support squads, and later from the Legion's considerable numbers of Terminators and Dreadnoughts, which provided reinforcement and assault spearheads where needed. This focus on heavy infantry formations was also one of the reasons the Death Guard Legion developed a particularly admirable record in fighting to clear Space Hulks of alien infestation and for their ability to destroy fortifications and citadels from within.

For these so-called Zone Mortalis actions, the Castraferrum Dreadnought was introduced in great numbers to support the Legion. Starship boarding actions, tunnel fights and combat deep inside densely built hive cities - there, its lower profile allows the Castraferrum to negotiate low-ceilinged passageways that the taller Contemptor Pattern would be unable to pass along.

When the XIVth Legion fleet arrived on Terra - warped and corrupted, so did their Dreadnoughts - now a dark version of their former glory.

gallery_79873_10492_291215.jpg

Note: Corrupted Mark IV "Castraferrum" pattern chassis - also refered as Ferrus Infernum Helbrute.

gallery_79873_10492_224301.jpg

gallery_79873_10492_219156.jpg

gallery_79873_10492_343549.jpg

Hope you like - stay tuned for more :smile.:

Edited by Atia

Some beautifully disgusting, or are they disgustingly beautiful, deathguard you've got there Atia. I especially love the old fw dreadnought and also love the green stripe along the front of the bloat drones hull. Where did you get the dread from, I thought that FW discontinued them, or have you had it awhile?

Cool stuff... I like the contrast of the the pre-heresy paintscheme combined with the obvious mutation and corruption of the new DG sculpts.

Glad you like it :)

Love it

Thanks!

Looking really good. Painted up my first DG today (aspiring champion).

I have been waiting for a DG army for years, and I finally have one. My goal... to finally paint up an entire army. Your pictures will serve as inspiration!

Valar Dohaeris! Thought about making your own thread to show your stuff? Would love to see it :)

I love the lighter shade of corruption.

Thanks buddy :)

Some beautifully disgusting, or are they disgustingly beautiful, deathguard you've got there Atia. I especially love the old fw dreadnought and also love the green stripe along the front of the bloat drones hull. Where did you get the dread from, I thought that FW discontinued them, or have you had it awhile?

My gf got him from some german online webstore that sells FW and GW stuff. Really lucky case, and an awesome surprise gift :D

• 3 weeks later...

A decidedly different take on the Death Lord!

I like it!

Good choice of quote too... I recognise it... :wink:

Thanks buddy - snapped some better pictures today!

Hey guys :smile.:

Snapped (hopefully) some better quality pictures of Morty today - hope you like!

gallery_79873_10492_80565.jpg

gallery_79873_10492_1132144.jpg

gallery_79873_10492_167689.jpg

gallery_79873_10492_123303.jpg

gallery_79873_10492_42133.jpg

gallery_79873_10492_1325570.jpg

gallery_79873_10492_61391.jpg

gallery_79873_10492_121328.jpg

gallery_79873_10492_289521.jpg

Edited by Atia

Looking really Good!

Thanks buddy :)

Everything looks excellent! What color green is used on mortarion shoulder pads? 

Glad you like them!

For the paint scheme recipe:

- Primer with Corax White (GW spray can)

Basecoats:

White:

- Coat of FW Typhon Ash

- Zenithal layer of FW Typhon Ash mixed with a bit of white

- Shading with thinned down Agrax Earthshade

Green:

- Coat of Loren Forest

- Highlight with a mix of Loren Forest and Death Guard Green

- Shade everything (white and green) with thinned down Seraphim Sepia. I use the FW airbrush clear for this (lots of lots of lots of FW clear mixed with sepia)

Highlights and Bronze:

- White is highlighted with Vallejo Aged White - I mix more and more white into it for further ones.

- Green is further highlighted with a mix of Death Guard Green and Screaming Skull.

Bronze parts is

- Basecoat of Castellax Bronze

- Agrax Earthshade

- Highlights with Sycorax Bronze

- Highlights with Stormhost Silver

- Verdigris (I'm using the technical verdigris paint from Vallejo)

Weathering:

- I sponge some Iron Hands Steel and Vallejo Dry Rust on green and white parts

- Streaking with Verdigris, Vallejo Vomit and Ammo of Mig Streaking Rust Effects

- Metallic parts get some rust weathering powder

• 2 weeks later...

Finished my Tallyman - next on the to-do list is the Plague Surgeon :teehee:

Scrasus Vrall

Tallyman of the First Great Company, former Master of Signal

med_gallery_79873_10492_53857.jpg

Note: Corrupted Mark III "Iron-pattern" Power armour. Modified Nuncio-Vox device.

med_gallery_79873_10492_195081.jpg

gallery_79873_10492_191010.png

• 3 weeks later...

I love that Putrefier! Do show us more pics of him, if you get a chance.

The Tallyman being a former master of signal is a very nice touch. I wonder how many of the legion's old MoS became Tallymen...

By the way, I can't remember if I've asked, what do you use for the purple robes? They're a great contrast with the armour. Are those Vallejo colours?

I love that Putrefier! Do show us more pics of him, if you get a chance.

Thanks buddy! I'll defo snap more pictures of them once I get access to a better camera again.

The Tallyman being a former master of signal is a very nice touch. I wonder how many of the legion's old MoS became Tallymen...

Yeah, I guess most Master of Signal and Master of Ordnance would have become Tallyman later on! Both the Putrifier and the Blightspawn are from the 1st Company Destroyer Cadre btw - the Putrifier was a former Alchemex, while the Blightspawn served as Sergeant of a Rad-Grenadier unit.

By the way, I can't remember if I've asked, what do you use for the purple robes? They're a great contrast with the armour. Are those Vallejo colours?

It's actually just the normal GW purples :smile.:

Edited by Atia

Typhus

The Traveller, Herald of the Plague God, Host of the Destroyer Hive, First Captain of the Death Guard

http://www.bilder-upload.eu/upload/b4953b-1511904412.png

When the Death Guard were adrift in the Warp during the Horus Heresy, dying from the Destroyer Plague, Calas Typhon, First Captain of the XIV Legion, absorbed the full power of the disease, becoming a vessel for this ultimate corruption. Swelling in size, his skin and armour bonded. Great pestilential funnels grew from his body, spewing forth a miasma of destruction. Calas Typhon has been transformed into Typhus, Host of the Destroyer Hive.