Deployment of the Spectral Sicarii (homebrew RG)

thewarriorhunter

Here we go. Test run for painting the Spectral Sicarii tonight.

Rows of paints are groups for what I'll be painting. Armor, shoulder pads, soft armor, and eyes (i'm thinking of just washing over the gray and hoping that will give a nice glow on it's own).

I still have to figure out details like holsters and pouches but those are secondary to the overall scheme.

Hidden Content
UFcqI1c.jpg

Finally got around to finishing up the basics for my test model. I watched the Cyberpunk 2077 trailer and got super excited and started playing Borderlands 2 again. FPS and RPG combo? That's my jam on PC!

Anyways, back to 40k. Super stoked with how it looks. It's a bit tedious to paint, especially because I'm glazing in the armor lines and that is a painstakingly slow process. But I do like the look. I'm leaning towards painting the pouches/holsters the same gray that I used on the chest emblem however I'm open to suggestions for them.

Hidden Content
0js0gR2.jpg

Hidden Content
Q8ZhRjy.jpg

Thanks guys! I know a guy in a FB group who's a commission painter by trade. He's helped me with some information into this scheme. He suggested I paint them black with a dark edge highlight because "you don't want them to take up visual space".

I was waffling between gray or my standard brown leather recipe. I've got my black recipe from my RG armor that I can use. I'll think on it for a day or two.

Black was another thought although maybe too strong of a contrast? Which is why my initial thought was a darkish grey

That was my thought as well. The model has a holster on one side and two pouches on the other. I'll probably paint one black and the other side the grey I was thinking to see what they look like. I'll be able to look from the side so I won't have to see both colors on the model at the same time.

I agree. Can't wait to see a tank or three :whistling:

Ha, it would be Repulsors then. IF I ever make this a 40k army it'll be Primaris only. I'm saving up for a compressor right now. I won't try this scheme on flat armor without one.

Your Primaris model looks promising, but is he supposed to bear the pre-Heresy World Eaters colors?

No, this is a color scheme my wife helped me come up with. And... DO YOU NOT SEE THE SEAL OF PURITY ON HIS BELT!!!! Lol

I've had several comments about that. At this point in the hobby I don't think there's any way to do a truly 'original' scheme because somewhere something close to what you've thought up had already been done.

I had to look up the World Eater scheme because I had no idea what it looked like.

Slick! :thumbsup:

Really like how the lenses turned out too!

How'd you do it?

Stupidly easy. I washed right over the base coat. Seriously, that's it.

I left the base coat on the eyes and added white to the lens on the rifle scope when I was highlighting. Lens and eyes got two coats of Secret Weapon Miniatures Amethyst wash. Then I used Secret Weapon Miniatures Purple wash as an edge highlight around the eyes to give a subtle OSL effect (no purple on the scope). I'm not sure if I want it brighter or not. I might try to start with the purple on my next model to brighten it up.The model is already pretty bright though so keeping it muted might be the better choice...