Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Deployment of the Spectral Sicarii (homebrew RG)

- - - - - WIP Raven Guard Space Marines Painting

• Please log in to reply
685 replies to this topic

thewarriorhunter

thewarriorhunter

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,373 posts
  • Faction: Spectral Sicarii (RG Succesor)
Mocked up and glued a few things on tonight! I had an idea to use some leftover vicious claws from my son's wraiths on the fist but it looked a little wonky. I may play around with them a bit more to see if I can get it to work. It looked a little too chaos/xenos for my taste, but I do like the idea. I also only have two, and I think three might be what I need to make it work but I won't be able to get that.

QsOk9WZh.jpg

I also stared at the legs to determine how I was going to convert this guy and I have a plan... that involves cutting up the legs entirely... each red line is a cut...

51716773_237062113753694_576431254468034
  • duz_, SydonianDragoon404 and Brother Quixote like this

duz_

duz_

++ REPREHENSOR FECTUM ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 4,179 posts
Youre braver than I TWH!

Good luck excited to see how it turns out!

thewarriorhunter

thewarriorhunter

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,373 posts

Thanks, duz_! I am also hoping when I'm done with the legs that I will be able to flip the leg armor upside down. I like the look of a 'shield' more than a 'window'. I am also hoping to just magnetize the leg armor because I'd eventually like to try some freehand on both pieces.

• duz_ likes this

war009

war009

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,855 posts
  • Faction: Raptors Chapter
That actually would look better

thewarriorhunter

thewarriorhunter

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,373 posts

No going back now! I also included a shot of the magnetized storm bolter. I'll probably run that always but if I ever play zone mortalis I can use the flamer if I want to.

SYIKULbh.jpg

• Race Bannon, Inquisitor Dracos, war009 and 3 others like this

Inquisitor Dracos

Inquisitor Dracos

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,304 posts
  • Faction: Adeptus Astartes

Wow nicely done my man

• thewarriorhunter likes this

gallery_48988_10069_17065.png afb7e953-dc43-49f1-9abc-5dea97d79d9e_zps

thewarriorhunter

thewarriorhunter

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,373 posts

Wow nicely done my man

Thanks! I've got more to do but am going to hold off until I get the plasticard so I can better gauge where cuts should be.

Tonight I got my DoS Vow 2 ready for priming. I probably won't get to prime them until later in the week because of the weather. I'm hoping to finish painting the tactical squad I'm working on soon so I can free up some more corks. Barrels are all drilled and I decided to run the reivers with carbines and not even attempt any CC options.

In the back you can see one of my bases for DoS Vow 1. I've got two more drying right now and bases ordered.

VEuNI4xh.jpg

• Inquisitor Dracos, war009 and Brother Quixote like this

war009

war009

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,855 posts
  • Faction: Raptors Chapter
Get the priming in because initial weather reports are rain fri-sun next weekend

thewarriorhunter

thewarriorhunter

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,373 posts
We're not set to receive much rain where I am. I'm still looking for a good gray primer that I can pick up locally. The current one I have is ok.

What I have done to make it work with my current primer is prime, base coat, then lightly seal my model, that way during highlighting and detail work I'm not rubbing off the paint with my ham fists.

Once the weather warms up I'm going to order some of the badger primer so I can get more work done with my air brush.
  • war009 and duz_ like this

Inquisitor Dracos

Inquisitor Dracos

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,304 posts
  • Faction: Adeptus Astartes
24* Fahrenheit here in Indy. Won’t be primering anything for a bit. :(
  • duz_ likes this

gallery_48988_10069_17065.png afb7e953-dc43-49f1-9abc-5dea97d79d9e_zps

thewarriorhunter

thewarriorhunter

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,373 posts

24* Fahrenheit here in Indy. Won’t be primering anything for a bit. sad.png

Yeah I'm sorry about that. Also I wish I would have paid more attention to locations of our fine group. I was in Indy earlier this year for a work conference. It would have been great to try and meet up for a drink or game, Dracos.

I put my 3rd vow in for DoS. I think I'm going to keep it at a vow per squad because I never know when I'm going to have time to work on stuff. I will say this has been really great for inspiring me to really push getting my backlog done. Everything will slow down come painting time but at least I'll have plenty ready. Also there is something satisfying about having things off the sprue.

My hellblasters are all pinned and ready to prime after I get the stuff in front of it done. I also made another batch of bases so I can not violate ETL/DoS rules. I made a few 40mm bases as well this time in case I can get a 4th vow of some characters done.

WcCqn8Gh.jpg

zmYTHgSh.jpg

• Race Bannon, Inquisitor Dracos, ltvyper and 2 others like this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: WIP, Raven Guard, Space Marines, Painting

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)