Deployment of the Spectral Sicarii (homebrew RG)

thewarriorhunter

I did a three layers of dry brushing on the washed legs and got a picture of both under the same light. I think after building the color back up with the dry brushes I've found the winner. It's still got the black metallic look that I want but has depth doesn't look so washed out. I'll add the brass bits next and I'm still trying to work out how to do my marble. It might have to wait until I have time to break out my airbrush next weekend.

Two different angles of the legs. Right leg is what I'll be moving forward with.

fMUoJQgh.jpg

5vzp7wTh.jpg

Last bit of hobby progress for a while. I broke my right (dominant) arm yesterday so I think it will be some time before I can pick up a brush again.

I finished the white highlights on my three WIP models and base coated the blue on one. I think I'll be well enough to get my ETL LT done in time but I don't think I'll be able to pledge anything else :sad.:

ma9B3dVh.jpg

Uhhh ... I feel ya man. Broke a few bones in my day. Do us all a favor. Do the freaking rehab religiously. Talking from experience.

Would love to see some father son mini game battle reports while you heal :smile.:

If you do see them it'll be after I heal. Typing with one hand sucks.

Well, I'm a little more like a Space Marine now. I got some new hardware installed and I'm typing this with both hands. My bone was so damaged that they ended up just going with a Radius Head Replacement. Healing time is faster and I'm not in a splint or cast so I'm ok with that. My finger dexterity is fine but my wrist and elbow are the limiting factors right now.

I am a bit bummed about the timing because I wanted to enter my Cataphractii Captain into the Everchosen comp at my FLGS but sadly I was in too much pain and hopped up on too many pain killers. I go to the doc next week for a follow up and to get the bandages off so hopefully it won't be too much longer before I can get back to painting.

Glad to hear the healing process is in full swing. Sounds like you have some good doctors. Best wishes on keeping your patience, you're probably busy getting your boy back in school about now :)

Picked up a brush today to see what I could do. I can't paint details but broad strokes are possible. I figured I'd try and paint up one of the camo cloaks I made a while back to see if my idea can work. Base coats are done. I'll wash the gray, finish up the tan, and then do a purple energy transition between the two.

AaXJZSsh.jpg

Finished up the test cloak. Overall I'm happy with it but I think a few tweaks are needed. The purple needs to be a little broader and I need to add a light gray.

I used dark purple -> purple -> white but I think i need to add the gray before the white and reserve the white for a jagged line that runs through the center of the transition. That will help to brighten that up and smooth the transition.

I've also decided that I don't love how the texture is coming out on the greenstuff so I'm going to stick to just painting the gray and tan with the transition. That will be a lot easier across the army because I won't have to worry about converting camo cloaks.

Ca3Tr3Qh.jpg

And I'm [mostly] back! Woo boy does it feel good to paint. Got the blue base coated on my three models. They need highlights next but that will have to wait, the elbow can't take long painting sessions right now. I'm very excited to finish up the loose ends I have lying around because the new codex and RG supplement and/or custom CTs have me very excited.

Sis1Zf5h.jpg

More painting time in. The new codex has me excited and I want to get all of my loose ends wrapped up. I'm also wanting to finish my legio for some AT action (although I'm starting to regret that purchase with all of the cool marine toys that are coming down the line).

Base coats done, on to details and weapons:

osehzOIh.jpg

Backpacks are on the Intercessors and a lot of details are done all around. Intercessor weapons need to be edge highlighted and they're done. All three need eyes done and each has a purity seal. I'm going to take my time one night to finish off the LT because he's got some lenses and trinkets on his model that I want to make sure I don't miss.

svK2D1dh.jpg

Getting close! I need to get the base for the LT figured out since I cut the rock away that the model was originally stepping on. I'm thinking I'll throw some rubble around his base to get the elevation I need. The servitors also brought in the rubberdandus to help secure the primaris to his base. He was lifting off slightly (probably from the angle I drilled the hole for the pin) so that should keep him flat while the glue sets overnight.

zCHCYhEh.jpg