Deployment of the Spectral Sicarii (homebrew RG)

thewarriorhunter

Back from vacation this afternoon and had a care package waiting for me from Brother longjohnsilver:

9UIHgOGh.jpg

This was the second half of what he pledged as prize support for our Dawn of Shadows build event. 6 x ETB Intercessors, 3 x ETB Aggressors, a Primaris Librarian, and a few other bits.

I'm very excited to have the models and am thankful for the generosity of this community.

Couldn't paint but I needed to hobby so I got my unit of Eliminators pinned and ready for priming. I'm hoping to get them done later today before the humidity kicks up. I was planning on working on some tactical marines next so I can get Calth playable but I really feel like I need to get Eliminators in my list for 40k. I'm also going to be able to start making Kill Team nights at my FLGS and they play 125 Elite lists but I have no Elites so this helps for that as well.

And in keeping with my 'every soldier needs a helmet' theme I'm swapping out the stock heads for some MKIV heads.

QevnXKth.jpg

The Shadowspear ones have 2/3 helmets - two identical helmets with camo cloak over them, which I have several (resin) spares of IIRC.

With the sprue pics of the multiparts, it's kinda hard to find out if there's not just half-helmets.

I wouldn't call the Shadowspear ones in any type of helmet, they just have cloaks over there heads IMO. I decided to go with helmets after looking at the Sgt head because he has no cloak anywhere to be seen on his head, and you can see the back of the armor on all models so I figured I'd just go all helmets. I like the look better and it brings back a bit of 30k Mor Deythan vibe.

Got a game of Kill Team in last night at my FLGS. Played a really nice older guy and unfortunately for him my list was a hard counter. I put a mini bat-rep together here: http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/332882-what-have-your-raven-guard-done-lately/?p=5408693

Got a round of bases made last night. Working with Sculpy is getting easier each time. I'm learning what I can get away with and faster ways to do things. One thing that's really helped is I'm no longer trying to roll out a huge sheet of clay to get multiple bases cut at a time. I'm working with just enough clay to cut out a single base at a time. It's much faster and produces better results since I'm only concerned with a small area.

I can't remember if I shared but I discovered the bottom of my cast iron skillet is perfect for baking the clay. It's nice and flat and I don't have to worry about cleaning a food surface. I made 5x40mm and 7x32mm toppers. That will take care of my Aggressors and Eliminators (already had one 40mm made) and my Infiltrators (have ~5 WIP).

vepKDWch.jpg

My kids found my box of Frostgrave Cultists this weekend and asked to paint up some models. I'm not planning on using them anytime soon (they were for a failed Mordheim campaign) so I helped them each build up two and the oversaw the painting session. They learned about wet pallets and thinning your paints. While they were painting I went through the terminators that Dracos sent to me a while back.

I proxied a terminator with assault cannon in Kill Team last week and it did really well. I'm going to paint up one for now with the heavy weapon options for Elite 125 lists.

K1FDhY3h.jpg

My son has the Necron half of Forgebane that he built and painted. We've played several KT games and one 40k game. His interest in the game/hobby ebbs and flows and I don't push it. I have told him that if he wants more models he's buying them himself since I already supplied him with a decent chunk to start with.

My daughters haven't shown much interest in the game but they do like to paint. I built up a set of ETB intercessors so they'll each get to paint one, possibly over the weekend.

Magnets are almost done for the terminator. I need the greenstuff to fully cure on the missile pod and then I can drill that out and put one in there. This gives me all the options to run the model in Kill Team and now the Heavy Weapon guy is done in case I ever decide to build the rest of the squad out.

ocBgCv4h.jpg

I think Roman Numerals fit better in the minimalist aesthetic of the Raven Guard (and its successors), but speaking from experience the 3, 7, and 8 in Roman Numerals have a tendency to get annoying due to their size (And 10 in Gothic of course)

Now lets get back on topic: WHATS THE SPRUE FOR, YOU'RE KILLING ME TWH