Deployment of the Spectral Sicarii (homebrew RG)

thewarriorhunter

If I knew who they were I would!

Decals were applied last night. I only had one sheet of transfers to stretch between the four models. Unfortunately two Armigers won't have the House Terryn crests and another two will be missing heraldry but I figure the backstory can be that those pilots haven't proven themselves enough yet to wear those. I added a campaign badge to each model as well so they'd have a little more going on. Washing and weathering are next for the bodies.

mSCpr0Sh.jpg

I also did a test run with my new decals. Sadly the icon didn't print right and there are lines across them because of the colors. Bedlam is working with me to fix them. The rest of the sheet is top notch though and very easy to work with. Decals applied as easily as the Armiger transfers adn lok great. I probably won't put a lot of decals on the Calth marines but I wanted to use one to test. I also weathered the model and overall I think it's a good start. I like my colors but I think I need to work on technique. I feel he looks more like he was romping around in the mud than delivering swift death to an enemy force.

JdM7SJKh.jpg

Got a lot of decals applied today. 5 Intercessors, my Redemptor, 2 Reivers, and a Phobos LT all got decals applied. Chapter icon is being reprinted so I'm waiting on those. The custom transfers are really nice to work with. The actual transfer material is very thin which is good because it goes on really easy but bad because it can clump up if I'm not being careful.

Shoulder icons went on nicely. I probably should have made them a bit smaller but they work. If I order more I'll change my sheet up and size things down slightly. I've decided the text will be accomplishments of the warrior. Marines who are new to the fight will have minimal accolades whereas commanders and veterans will have more absolutely-non-heretical script on their armor. I wanted to add more to the Redemptor but decided to stop before I went to far and it looked gaudy.

Here's a shot of some infantry:

Y1DugxYh.jpg

And something I've been excited to show off but haven't said much about is a campaign badge for my Redemptor:

Bjri8fKh.jpg

On the left armor panel he bears the symbol of the Space Crows.

Brother longjohnsilver sent me several models as prize support for building/priming the most stuff during our ramp up to ETL last year. To honor his generosity I had his chapter symbol created and the models in my army that came from him will have the symbol as a campaign badge. At some point as I develop more lore and background for my army I will be writing about the combined efforts of the Space Crows and Spectral Sicarii.

Moment of truth with the armigers last night as I sprayed the head effects. I think I got close but sprayed a little too large an area and I think I'm a went a little to heavy on the white. I'm going to see if that's ok with the client, if not I'll redo them. "Less is more" is the lesson I tend to take away from each session. First time I've ever attempted anything like this and regardless of the closeness of the match I'm happy with the result.

skNhr7Hh.jpg

That's what I'm hoping for. Other things I've showed him he's liked and I thought they could be better so I'm hoping this is the case. We all have different standards and from working with him I believe he cares more about looking good at 3 feet away than looking good up close and I'm the opposite.

Armigers are nearly done. I finally figured out (I think) that the snow on the original knight base is GW snow flock so I ordered some of that and should have it tomorrow. I'm hoping to wrap these up this weekend and hand them off (and get paid!) next week. I used my TP technique from my RG bases for these and like how they came out. Once the snow and blood is added I think they'll be a very close match all around.

SrOQPnZh.jpg

Photo bomb incoming: Armiger Commission complete and ready for delivery next week. Very happy with the whole project and I think I did pretty good with matching the knight's existing scheme. I got some group photos with the big brother to show the color schemes being very close to matching. My client has been happy with all of the pictures and I'm glad to be done so I can focus on my models for a bit.

Hidden Content

bTxHn9wh.jpg

UQKCGGoh.jpg

MXqniISh.jpg

wW56bTSh.jpg

5EpQHFFh.jpg

6bd5SgVh.jpg

P5qvZXYh.jpg

uaWkIN2h.jpg

hH1w5eFh.jpg

BgUdk6Eh.jpg

They look great! Job well done! :thumbsup:

Your client should be very please!

Now with those funds what RG items will you be procuring? A Strom Eagle by chance? :laugh.::sweat:

:woot:

You misspelled Xiphon Interceptor ;)

But I may end up taking a detour into the guard soon... I just finished Baneblade and now I want to build the Mars Triumphant and the looted Lux Imperator and assemble a diorama from their duel at the end of the book... Nothing like a $500 time sink project to work on during quarantine, eh?

BAM!

pNVLaOjh.jpg

Super stoked to have this kit. Thanks to an great frater who hooked me up (I'm checking Amazon for the other half of our deal daily!)

It's soaking in a tub of suds right now. I'm hoping to scrub it up once tonight and let it soak again overnight. Sadly I won't get to spend too much time on it though as I've taken on another commission, this time for Tau. I may share some updates of that in this thread but I'll probably make a dedicated thread in the xenos sub-forum so it's more specific to that.

BAM!

pNVLaOjh.jpg

Super stoked to have this kit. Thanks to an great frater who hooked me up (I'm checking Amazon for the other half of our deal daily!)

It's soaking in a tub of suds right now. I'm hoping to scrub it up once tonight and let it soak again overnight. Sadly I won't get to spend too much time on it though as I've taken on another commission, this time for Tau. I may share some updates of that in this thread but I'll probably make a dedicated thread in the xenos sub-forum so it's more specific to that.

thats gonna be sexy........................not gonna lie a bit jealous

thats gonna be sexy........................not gonna lie a bit jealous

I hope so (the sexy part). I've wanted this kit for a while now and opportunity presented itself. I've been watching some build videos of Cerastus knights and the guy doing those uses a 5 minute epoxy and I'm thinking of picking up some of that for this assembly. All of the major structural joins are horizontal so there's going to be a lot of stress on the wings. I may end up pinning the engines as well since those are just flat pieces, the wings at least have a shallow male/female slot.

Gates are removed and I scrubbed it down with a toothbrush this morning. It's drying right now and will probably sit in it's tub for a couple weeks while I work on the Tau.

Heresy has started. I'll drop one post here but keep the rest confined to my general PLOG and my new one in the Tau area. Tau link is here: http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/363437-for-the-great-good-of-thewarriorhunter/

Client was happy with his Armigers and we swapped those for some Tau. Total project is 9 each Stealth and Crisis suits and a Ghostkeel along with their drones. Should be fun and am looking forward to the project.

kZhudKGh.jpg