Deployment of the Spectral Sicarii (homebrew RG)

thewarriorhunter

Finished the first wave of terrain and am stoked. I have another set of containers and platforms to still be built. This will make for awesome Kill Team boards. Combining this with the MDF stuff I have will make great 40k boards with good LOS blocking pieces. Less crazy builds with the platforms means infantry will have some interesting movement options while not being too crazy to make 40k weird to play.

64xn1edh.jpg

YG3iScsh.jpg

And it all breaks down and fits nicely in this box. I'll get some better storage tubs next time I'm at a big box store.

k0M9WSOh.jpg

Last terrain blast, ya'll should really consider this for a terrain solution if you are in the market. Lighting could be better but I think they get the idea across.

Overview of KT setup:

I5z92Njh.jpg

Staged photos for cool points:

eO8a5Erh.jpg

Tp5rreIh.jpg

dp3OdYoh.jpg

Trying to get my gaming group to get some. It's not badly priced either. Thanks for posting this TWH!

I think even at retail pricing it makes a lot of sense. I know there are a ton of terrain options out there but this stuff just seems (to me) to be the sweet spot for price, durability, modularity, and storage.

I bought two mediumish sized plastic tubs that this all breaks down into. I throw similar pieces into zip lock bags so it's grouped by item. I can dump these on the table and not worry about paint scratching off.

The only two drawbacks I've discovered for myself so far are:

1 - setup/breakdown could be faster (we're talking 5 minutes for both) but I feel the modularity of the setup easily offsets that concern, and being able to store all that in a smaller space because it breaks down is another plus.

2 - weight. I wish it was a little heavier so it felt more solid on the table. Very easy to bump a platform or knock stairs over. Nothing to (easily) do about that so I'll deal, and in a table that's less congested you won't have to worry as much about that.

• 2 weeks later...

Haven't done much 40k but I did get some hobby done that can be used for 40k. I built a topper for my table so I can host full sized games. I'm starting to develop a core gaming group and I haven the biggest place so I want to make it comfortable when we play. I've now got a 4x8 playing surface which is great. I played a game of Legion on it last night and it was really nice have a lot of extra room for minis/cards/rules/drinks. The topper is cut in half so it's easy to move and store.

1ydOnlrh.jpg

sBbyPYZh.jpg

A base stain + mat would go really well - very polished :wink:

Speaking of which if you haven't already a quick sand on the corners is always a nice elegant touch 

I did that ;) Might not be elegant since I was using a simple electric sander but I did round out every right angle to lessen the chance of splinters or getting stabbed in the leg in the case of the 4 corners.

Got the first coat of stain applied yesterday for my topper. I'll sand this down with some high grit paper at some point this week and then apply another coat. After that dries I'll put some urethane on it to give it a nice finish.

EHTrT7eh.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Another 40k related update: Finally got a display cabinet! I found it on Craigslist and got it for a good price. Bigger than the IKEA offerings and cheaper than buying anything new. It's hiding in a corner right now but once we move some furniture around I'll have it in a better space. I plan on adding some LED lights into it but have to be careful since the back is mirrored. I don't want to be blinded when I turn them on.

It's already full which was surprising to me, but very cool to see all my painted stuff displayed at once! Top shelves are my 40k stuff, below that is my Rebels for Legion (which is what I've been painting lately), and below that is AI and Blitz Bowl minis. I just realized my Nids aren't in here so I'll have to fix that after posting this.

DkAuauch.jpg

6ydxb4bh.jpg

7w2DP9Hh.jpg