Death Guard and daemons?

01RTB01

Hi folks,

In the new codex we can take demons. Is it possible to take them and maintain a battle forged force that benefits from the death guard benefits?

Thanks in advance :smile.:

Same as with the Chaos Space Marine Codex. Nothing changed about taking Daemons for Death Guard. You either take them in a seperate detachment or summon them as before if you want to keep your Legion benefits. Or you just mix them and play a mixed chaos army without Legion benefits. ^^

No, for summoning you just set yourself an amount of points you don't use for building your army and then during the game you can summon as many units as you want as long as you have enough points left.

So for example in a 2k list you put away 200 points. So your actual list consists of only 1800 points. Then during the game you can summon any number of units as long as you have enough points of those 200 left to pay for them.

If you put them in a seperate detachment you would deploy them just as any other unit. Those can't be summoned but are a fix part of your army.

I used a Great Unclean One alongside my Death Guard. I was against a contingent of CSM renegades with bikes, raptors and a helldrake. It was touch and go but the GUO proved pretty capable, healing itself with fleshy abundance and smiting bikers right and left. Never could really catch the helldrake but I was able to kill everything else at the cost a squad of plague marines and my chaff zombies.

Now, I think the GUO worked mainly because the enemy came to me and couldn't manage to kill it (crap melta rolls, Papa bless). In a game where I had to approach a gunline, I think the GUO would have been a big fat liability.

Edited by Azekai

I have been running so many flying DP's the past 3 editions that now my opponents just yawn and roll eyes. I think I am going to try a DG prince (using my Glottkin model as counts as. That big ol arm cannon could be a warp bolter!) with suppurating plate relic, as the leader of a PB blob and a bunch of nurglings in a battalion. He will lose out on the DG legion rules this way right? But is that really much of a downside?

He will be backed up by a seperate detachment of Typhus + walkers, and Mortarion.

Edited by bozo69pd

I have been running so many flying DP's the past 3 editions that now my opponents just yawn and roll eyes. I think I am going to try a DG prince (using my Glottkin model as counts as. That big ol arm cannon could be a warp bolter!) with suppurating plate relic, as the leader of a PB blob and a bunch of nurglings in a battalion. He will lose out on the DG legion rules this way right? But is that really much of a downside?

He will be backed up by a seperate detachment of Typhus + walkers, and Mortarion.

DG DP dont get warp bolter unfortunately, only the demon version does, but the Demon version does not get DR, so no 5+. The demon version does get fleshy abundance, so can heal itself. Probably a wash with no DR, but fleshy abundance.

Edited by Mack

DG DP dont get warp bolter unfortunately, only the demon version does, but the Demon version does not get DR, so no 5+. The demon version does get fleshy abundance, so can heal itself. Probably a wash with no DR, but fleshy abundance.
Ehhhh yes it does, all Nurgle Daemons get DR in the chaos Daemons index it's just chaos marine DPS that don't

http://www.3plusplus.net/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/CSM17-1024x773.jpg

Edited by Plaguecaster

Do you even have access to the relics in a mixed chaos detachment? I don't have the Codex yet so I can't check. Also why change what you enjoy playing? Everyone has a specific kind of HQ or whatever he takes all the time. ^^

Ehhhh yes it does, all Nurgle Daemons get DR in the chaos Daemons index it's just chaos marine DPS that don't

http://www.3plusplus.net/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/CSM17-1024x773.jpg

Pretty sure he was refering to Disgustingly Resilient instead of Daemonic Ritual like anybody else here. ^^

^^^^^^^

I'm confused???? I thought DR was Disgustingly Resilient?? Which is why I replied to Mack since he was referring to Disgustingly Resilient, which is why I posted the dataslate as if people read it they will see that under Daemonic Allegiance Daemon Princes from the Chaos Daemons index dedicated to Nurgle get Disgustingly Resilient, I thought everyone knew that ;)

Edited by Plaguecaster

Detachement 1: Whatever Deathguard you want and needs the Legion Tactic

Detachement 2: Whatever Daemon  and Deathguard you want and does not need the Legion Tactic

Optional: Leave some points unused in your list. Thats your Reserve. Now whenever one of your characters does not move or does not need to move (Is in close combat, Sorceror is already in position etc. No Deepstrike) you can roll up to three dice according to the rules in the book or spend a CP for four dice safely.

I really like summoning, as the the opponents face always says "He has even more?" :D

I was just thinking of running a very small demons detachment so that I can bring a herald (or two) for my fleshy abundance rolls.

Can  a Herald jump in a rhino with some PM's?  Is that allowed?  Sorry still a little new to it all.

No its not. Only Heretic Astartes Models are allowed in a Chaos Rhino. Remember that you can only attempt to cast Fleshy Abundance once a round (at least of you play the competetive rules) But the Herold can run after the Rhino and advance all the time. Does not stop him from casting.

Derp.Still prefer the DG Prince as you can take the relic armor which really buffs the prince. Maybe once the demons get their own codex, there will be some nice relics and benefits.

Edited by Mack

I'm sorry if this is posted somewhere else and I missed it, but could someone please explain to me how summoning works when using point values and not Power Ratings? 

I understand in battles when you are using PR you roll the dice to determine how large the unit can be that you are creating.....but in a point-based-army/battle how would you do that?

Let's say I want to summon a unit of 28 PB, I've bought them for the appropriate number of points.  Do I simply use PR as the number I have to roll on three (or with a CP four) Dice?  So if I remember correctly that would be a 12? 

What happens if you can't make that number, lets say I role an 11 instead, then what?  If using PR I would then only be able to bring in 20 PB leaving me stranded with an 8 I can't use.

Am I missing something?

I'm sorry if this is posted somewhere else and I missed it, but could someone please explain to me how summoning works when using point values and not Power Ratings? 

I understand in battles when you are using PR you roll the dice to determine how large the unit can be that you are creating.....but in a point-based-army/battle how would you do that?

Let's say I want to summon a unit of 28 PB, I've bought them for the appropriate number of points.  Do I simply use PR as the number I have to roll on three (or with a CP four) Dice?  So if I remember correctly that would be a 12? 

What happens if you can't make that number, lets say I role an 11 instead, then what?  If using PR I would then only be able to bring in 20 PB leaving me stranded with an 8 I can't use.

Am I missing something?

It works the same way. You roll 3d6 to determine the power level of the unit you want to summon...just that then you proceed and pay the points for that unit instead of power levels.

Keep in mind that you don't buy specific units with your points beforehand. You decide what kind of unit you'd like to summon when you summon it. Means you won't ever have the problem of not rolling high enough to summon a unit you bought beforehand.

Thanks sfPanzer,

I think I get it now.  In essence I just keep some points in reserve and then once I summon a unit I base what I want in the unit off of what my Summoning roll was and how many points I have left in reserve right?

Exactly. That and what God you have choosen before the roll. Basically you are paying CP for Deepstrike and flexibility.