Death Guard and daemons?

01RTB01

If I wanted a large unit of PB I think I would still opt to use the Stratagem.  A full unit of 30 PB mean you need to roll a 12 minimum.  Yes this is doable with 3 dice, but honestly why risk it. 

Not to mention I would rather pay the one CP and therefore avoid my horrid die luck forcing me to take Mortal wounds from doubles and triples.

If I wanted a large unit of PB I think I would still opt to use the Stratagem.  A full unit of 30 PB mean you need to roll a 12 minimum.  Yes this is doable with 3 dice, but honestly why risk it. 

Not to mention I would rather pay the one CP and therefore avoid my horrid die luck forcing me to take Mortal wounds from doubles and triples.

Woah woah woah. Woah. What is this stratagem?

I'm planning on taking an allied detachment with some Nurglings and Heralds. Nurglings I love for their advanced deployment shenanigans to help deny space for deep strikes. There's a lot of stuff in the Codex with demonic keyword so heralds can fully buff them along with their normal utility.

Plague pact. 1 cp, roll 4 dice, no mortal wounds.

I don't really know when I'd want to summon 30 dudes at once, but sure, another example of the stratagem getting some value. On the whole I think summoning can really help keep your drops low, while giving you a bunch of flexibility

And if you have multiple HQs spread out over the board you can summon them wherever you want and thus surprise your opponent.

Trust me, there's a huge difference between seeing a greater daemon or big unit of regular daemons walking up on one flank and having a greater daemon suddenly appear on either flank or the middle or in the backline you thought was unprotected lol

Any one else think of using the heralds virulent blessing plus blades of purification on Morty for a crazy damage output? Rolls of 5+ trigger mortal wounds and double damage, letting you butcher Terminator blobs and such

I was contemplating today if they stack. I am mostly planning on having a herald spam heals on Morty though.

They do stack and it is pretty cool. I used it in two test games last week. However you do need to invest in non-DG psykers and detachments which gets you away from DG stuff pretty fast if you take that route (at least under ITC with only 3 detachments).

They do stack and it is pretty cool. I used it in two test games last week. However you do need to invest in non-DG psykers and detachments which gets you away from DG stuff pretty fast if you take that route (at least under ITC with only 3 detachments).

You don't need a detachment to summon a herald just reserved points, that can net you the daemon power, then have Morty simply have the other power?

Ok wait, maybe I'm missing something,

I was under the impression I could only summon demons from the same codex as the character's detachment.  If I am understanding you correctly, you're saying I can summon ANY demon regardless of whether he is in corresponding codex or not?  That sounds very OP IMO.

Ok wait, maybe I'm missing something,

I was under the impression I could only summon demons from the same codex as the character's detachment.  If I am understanding you correctly, you're saying I can summon ANY demon regardless of whether he is in corresponding codex or not?  That sounds very OP IMO.

You name a chaos god (have to be the same as the characters mark, free choice if unmarked) roll up to 3d6 and choose up to that value in PP of the choosen god of a unit with the demonic ritual rule. Thats all Units in the Chaos Index under Daemons. Thats the limits you have. 

Easy for backfield support characters, while Morty and the more aggressive stuff pounds down the court

Which would be a problem if you want the summoned Herald to be with Morty. Keep in mind that you can't set up the summoned unit just anywhere. It has to be set up near the character who summoned it. ;)

I think the best summoners are CSM jump pack sorcs who can warptime themselves in the psychic phase to keep up with the rest of the advance. Given how slow our daemons are, you really want to be as close as possible.

Edited by Azekai

Easy for backfield support characters, while Morty and the more aggressive stuff pounds down the court

Which would be a problem if you want the summoned Herald to be with Morty. Keep in mind that you can't set up the summoned unit just anywhere. It has to be set up near the character who summoned it. ;)

Yea within 12", but their powers have an 18" cast range. You really shouldn't be out of range if you summon the guy turn one or two