Chaos Orks are a thing again

Urriak Urruk

Not really news, just a fun tidbit from the new Death Guard codex.

Apparently the timeline says that the DG 7th Company used Nurgle-corrupted Orks (called the Green Tide) to attack the Ecclessiarchy.

It also mentions that Nurgle has corrupted Eldar Corsairs and even Necrons (which barely makes sense).

A little fun I guess for the converters out there!

http://img.4plebs.org/boards/tg/image/1367/44/1367449845004.jpg

It also mentions that Nurgle has corrupted Eldar Corsairs and even Necrons (which barely makes sense).

I was seriously thinking of making a Priestess/Seer/Exarch of Isha, the Eldar mother goddess captured by Nurgle.

The Necrons thing...it's almost like a response to that Poxwalker FAQ on whether they can corrupt a Necron or not.  It's like they're doubling down on this.

Would it be a computer virus or something?  Is it Y40k bug?

I was seriously thinking of making a Priestess/Seer/Exarch of Isha, the Eldar mother goddess captured by Nurgle.

The Necrons thing...it's almost like a response to that Poxwalker FAQ on whether they can corrupt a Necron or not.  It's like they're doubling down on this.

Would it be a computer virus or something?  Is it Y40k bug?

I actually read the lines on Necrons again, it seems less like Necrons are corrupted but more that it is a disease/computer virus that infects and destroys them.

But there is another line on a Genestealer Cult being corrupted after visiting Nurgle's garden.

...huh. Previous established lore has always stated that the Orks are nearly uncorruptable because the Ork psyche is so at peace with itself. A small number take to worshiping Khorne in what is basically the equivalent of teenage rebellion, but it's a phase and most of them grow out of it. A few don't, so there have always been (very) small numbers of Chaos Orks on the fringes of Ork society. I've never heard of Nurgle Orks though.

The Orkoid races are similarly immune to daemonic possession; daemons attempting it are unable to effect the host at all, and just end up trapped. Hence the warp-crazed Snotlings, who have ended up with a daemon stuck inside them (typically because of something a mek or weirdboy did). The daemon is just desperately trying to get the Snotling killed so it can leave.

I really love this lore. Making Orks more susceptible to Chaos would make them both less interesting and more human, and I'm gonna be mad if they're changing it.

Chaos Stealers yes, they have been a thing since 1st edition so I am cool with that, and I just checked 'Freebooterz' and Orks had Chaos Warbands and Possessed Weirdboy Warpheads as well as Khornate Stormboyz. Were going full circle to GW's early days with Units/Factions, stupid cartoony minis and a rules system that relies on 'Herohammer' gameplay (that everybody hated in 2nd but now people love it). 

Apart from a IMHO crap rules set I am actually glad we are going back to daft/oddball fluff instead of the 'always Grimderp, all of the time' of later editions. :tu:

Not sure on that Broski, you can still get 1st-4th gen Ork Hybrids so it must be passed on. AFAIK that has not been changed anywhere since they dropped most of the stuff in Freebooterz in 2nd ed. 

Not sure on that Broski, you can still get 1st-4th gen Ork Hybrids so it must be passed on. AFAIK that has not been changed anywhere since they dropped most of the stuff in Freebooterz in 2nd ed.

From what I recall last, they changed the lore on Ork genetic contamination.

I thought the necron piece described them making them essentially rust to death. Why would that be such a stretch?

Yeah I initially misread it, that is essentially it.

Although Nurgle making a computer virus and corrupting Necrons would be hilarious.

...huh. Previous established lore has always stated that the Orks are nearly uncorruptable because the Ork psyche is so at peace with itself. A small number take to worshiping Khorne in what is basically the equivalent of teenage rebellion, but it's a phase and most of them grow out of it. A few don't, so there have always been (very) small numbers of Chaos Orks on the fringes of Ork society. I've never heard of Nurgle Orks though.

The Orkoid races are similarly immune to daemonic possession; daemons attempting it are unable to effect the host at all, and just end up trapped. Hence the warp-crazed Snotlings, who have ended up with a daemon stuck inside them (typically because of something a mek or weirdboy did). The daemon is just desperately trying to get the Snotling killed so it can leave.

I really love this lore. Making Orks more susceptible to Chaos would make them both less interesting and more human, and I'm gonna be mad if they're changing it.

Well the image I used kind-of shows Nurgle Orks was once a concept, just like Genestealer Orks were. It was probably just meant so people could blend their armies for homebrew fun, something GW used to be happy with and is now returning to.

I really don't mind this stuff as long as it doesn't get too strange. GW's never going to make Nurgle Ork models, and if I ever see anything like Slaaneshi Orks (which literally makes no sense at all) then I'll join you in disgruntlement.

Although if GW's making a new army soon-ish, I'd bet it's going to be Slaanesh with some corrupted Aeldari thrown in (much more logical).

I believe those Nurgle Works showed up in the Daemonhunters codex as well. There were some conversions in white dwarf.

Yeah that artwork looks familiar, cool that it is back.

That is the artwork from the 3ed DH codex! Notice the rules? That's not for 8ed.

But cool about Necrons and Orks being clearly stated as being slightly susceptible to chaos.

Sure, neither would have any motivation for succumbing to chaos worship, but neither does a sword or pc. Sometimes bad things happen, and physical matter becomes corrupted unwillingly...

Never though about it until now, but how did Kryptmans gambit really work in current fluff? Can genestelaer cults become established among orks?

Never though about it until now, but how did Kryptmans gambit really work in current fluff? Can genestelaer cults become established among orks?

From reading the limited stuff on it from 1d4chan, it looks like they can... it doesn't work nearly as well compared to humans, but ork-nid hybrids are possible. Orks seem notice very easily and try to kill them. There is an example of a Tyranid-corrupted Gargant too.

1200px-Genestealer_orks.jpg

Also curious as to Genestealers infecting Tau and Eldar, but that's probably off-topic.

Totally rad.

I was pretty firmly against the "Daemons for all!" mechanic that got bodged into 7th Edition, but it also gave me the idea to make a Nurgle-corrupted Weirdboy out of Festus Leechlord, and use him as a summoning stick for Plaguebearers and Plague Drones. Would be fun to see some Nurgle Ork rules so I could make that guy... 

Totally rad.

I was pretty firmly against the "Daemons for all!" mechanic that got bodged into 7th Edition, but it also gave me the idea to make a Nurgle-corrupted Weirdboy out of Festus Leechlord, and use him as a summoning stick for Plaguebearers and Plague Drones. Would be fun to see some Nurgle Ork rules so I could make that guy... 

Just add the Nurgle Keyword and allow him to summon Nurgle stuff?^^

From reading the limited stuff on it from 1d4chan, it looks like they can... it doesn't work nearly as well compared to humans, but ork-nid hybrids are possible. Orks seem notice very easily and try to kill them. There is an example of a Tyranid-corrupted Gargant too.

I guess a genestealer could infect an Ork, and instead of the Ork giving birth to a freaky hybrid (since orks can't give birth) the spores it releases would result in hybrids? Not to much of a stretch given it's 40k we are talking about.

Eldar and Tau, yeah, ot I guess, but given the peculiarities of their societies, gscs would probably be unheard of.

ah the old fluff. When yuffs were all about rules, shiny boots and uniforms, but from time to time an orc would not grow out of it[and stayed as a leader of orc stormboyz]. And those orcs that never grew out of being all about rules had a tendency to fall in to khorn worship[what for "normal" orcs was another sign that some stuff are ok when your a yuff, but not ok if your a proper adult orc], Chaos could even take khorn marked storm boyz. Good old fluff, probably retconed in todays fluff.

Archived