Chaos Orks are a thing again

Urriak Urruk

I like that they mention this in the new releases. It gives DG and Ork players a chance to combine armies, or use some nice conversions for things like Poxwalkers. Maybe pale, sickly green painted Orks with purple washes around the edges, and some random horns or greenstuffed blisters attached.

@Slave.

The old background also had orks with a "breeding urge", since they had males and females. Current background has them procreating by spores. So the issue I had was how that was supposed to work? When genestealers infect a human woman she becomes pregnant, and then cares for the child.

What biological mechanism could manage that while at the same time being able to procreate with a mushroom? I simply cannot get a mushroom pregnant, believe me, I've tried!

It would have been easier if they had genestealers like parasite wasps or something. But that might have been stepping on the Alien ip too much.

The first ed fluff was clear that orks were immune to chaos, even if they worshiped khorne then they could just choose to stop when they grew out of being Storm Boys while humans have no such choice.

Generally I prefer the first edition take that outside of Slaanesh Chaos is mainly a foil to humanity so many alien species are only tangentally connected to it. However I'm okay with Nurgle orks because they can just be infected so their physiology isn't the same as a uninfected ork. An ork whose host to a daemon virus is not the same as a ork who is possessed, one being possible does not make the other possible.

I ignore all first ed genestealer fluff because that was from before genestealers were confirmed as a genus of tyranid and latter editions repeated most of the good bits anyway.

The Nurgle infested genestealers were mentioned in the 7th ed codex.

@Slave.

The old background also had orks with a "breeding urge", since they had males and females. Current background has them procreating by spores. So the issue I had was how that was supposed to work? When genestealers infect a human woman she becomes pregnant, and then cares for the child.

What biological mechanism could manage that while at the same time being able to procreate with a mushroom? I simply cannot get a mushroom pregnant, believe me, I've tried!

It would have been easier if they had genestealers like parasite wasps or something. But that might have been stepping on the Alien ip too much.

There is actually a quite common thing in bacterial and viral "reproduction" where the host's DNA (or RNA in that case ) is infected and actually exchanges part of the original sequence with the virus "script". Genestealer DNA or whatever the Tyranids use ( let's use TNA ) would probably use a similiar method and the TNA is some super-dominant strain that infiltrates and overwrites the host DNA (over the course of several generations). A highly adaptable and mutable strain like that could quite easily infiltrate the orcish reproduction spores and change their GNA ( or possibly MNA;) ) in our example here. Hope that is enough Epigenetic and transgenetic fun facts for the evening.

@Slave.

There is actually a quite common thing in bacterial and viral "reproduction" where the host's DNA (or RNA in that case ) is infected and actually exchanges part of the original sequence with the virus "script". Genestealer DNA or whatever the Tyranids use ( let's use TNA ) would probably use a similiar method and the TNA is some super-dominant strain that infiltrates and overwrites the host DNA (over the course of several generations). A highly adaptable and mutable strain like that could quite easily infiltrate the orcish reproduction spores and change their GNA ( or possibly MNA;) ) in our example here. Hope that is enough Epigenetic and transgenetic fun facts for the evening.

Stop reminding me of my A-level Biology class >.<

The only two Chaos powers I think capable of really taking hold would be Nurgle and Khorne.

Slaanesh maybe via Speed freaks, but Tzeentch? Nope

DM

You say that but what else is the way that Ork technology upgrades so rapidly other than... change

*queue evil laugh*

Muwahahaha!

#justasplanned

I really don't mind this stuff as long as it doesn't get too strange. GW's never going to make Nurgle Ork models, and if I ever see anything like Slaaneshi Orks (which literally makes no sense at all) then I'll join you in disgruntlement.

Uh, how? :wacko.:

Slaaneshi Orks make far more sense than Nurgle ones, for a lot of reasons. Orks love excess, more speed, more dakka, louder dakka, more bling, stronger ork beer (if that's still a thing), tastier fungus, which of these things wouldn't be appealing to Orks? Slaanesh is not just sex, you know, Orks like brightly colored gaudy stuff almost as much as humans do, give them sonic weaponry and they would be basically halfway there. Loud dakka you don't need to aim that precisely making squishy humiez go boom? What's not to like for an Ork? That makes me wonder why no Ork boss tried to loot Noise bands yet :biggrin.:

• 1 year later...
Really thinking about some old school RT style Khornate Orks. I just recently saw how cool the latest Stormboyz are. Just had the wallet busting thought of kit bashing a Stompa, Lord of Skulls, and Battlewagon into at least 4 vehicles haha

Love the Ork edge cases, Genestealer Cult Orks is a thing because I wanna build them (Urg Lotsarms ain't a weapons Mek ya know!)

Chaos Orks make sense to a degree, after all we've just seen Gellerpox, where Nurgle managed to breach the Geller Field long enough to sow some diseases, and so I'd imagine he'd *try* with Orks, but find them tough to get a grip on too, so instead focuses back on those easily led humans.

Slaaneshi Orks could be another great project, focusing on the aspect of excess, imagine glutenous Orks, eating 10 grots a day or aspect of perfection and trying to be the Orkiest Ork they could be.

Tzeentch Orks would just be a bit weird, but maybe a super cunning Ork *thinks* he's hearing from Mork but instead is following Tzeentch's plan

Slaaneshi Orks could be another great project, focusing on the aspect of excess, imagine glutenous Orks, eating 10 grots a day or aspect of perfection and trying to be the Orkiest Ork they could be.

These could be the pursuit of "Enuf Dakka" or trying to go ever faster. Simple Orky desires but it might be possible for Slaanesh to get it's hooks into an Ork. I don't think I've heard anyone mention the possibility of Slaanesh Orks but you may have convinced me.

These could be the pursuit of "Enuf Dakka" or trying to go ever faster. Simple Orky desires but it might be possible for Slaanesh to get it's hooks into an Ork. I don't think I've heard anyone mention the possibility of Slaanesh Orks but you may have convinced me.

I may have to make da 4 Bikers of Da Ragnarork now

More Dakka

'Eadloppa

Dropsbreff

Da Killa aka der sneaky wun

Archived