FW Dreads vs Hellbrutes

SoulGlaive

I've only painted up the one Helbrute:

gallery_2760_12702_277512.jpg

He is magnetized so I can swap him to other load outs but I seem to prefer just Missiles and Las. Most of my army is short ranged so he's okay at deep camp objectives. I've wanted to do another but I can't really justify it in this army. I'm saving my other Helbrute for Red Corsairs just because I can't see another one really benefiting this army. I start to lean towards Strategems from the Chaos Dex and the Cannon Forgefiend.

But I still have my Soulburner Petard/Claw-flamer Decimator. I just have no idea how to magnetize him. So I can do dual Soulburner (very expensive) or the solo Soulburner /claw arm. Then the question becomes... do I even need it in this army?

I keep waiting for the codex for some direction on this. It seems like not many Thousand Sons players use Helbrutes, and even less are using a Decimator.

I can see why a lot of people might not want hellbrutes in their 1K sons army. Just doesn't really sit with the legion fluff-wise. I share that view. So for me it's a las-predator instead. I know that with Fire Frenzy you get more firepower for less points, but I'd rather have a clean looking list than one tuned for performance (casual gamer).