Plague Marines

Daemon2027

Three squads of seven guys. 2x Blightlaunchers and Sargent with Fist and Plasmagun.

They are solid allrounders, able to hurt vehicles (Votlw stratagem), TEQs and MEQs alike.

Haven't tried a close combat oriented load out yet.

Three Squads of Seven with 3 Plasma Guns each in Rhinos with two Combi-Bolters each. "Inexorable Advance" is way too good to not use it on Plasma Guns. "Blight Bombardment" + "Veterans of the Long War" (1CP each) + Putrifier + Blightspawn let you pile on loads of (mortal) wounds as well with your blight grenades. 

Is anyone planning to run the plaguespewers once the full kit is out?

e; it's interesting how the plasmagun is specifically an upgrade for the champion. I'll definitely be running a 7-strong unit with triple plasma, and it seems like a waste not to take the gun on a champion in a blight launcher squad too if you have the points, so I'll be doing that too, I think.

no decision yet on if I want to try a cc unit, but once the mins are available I'll be adding a flail or cleaver to my squads for utility.

Edited by A Kvlt Ghost

I love how everybody goes for squads of 7 despite there (unfortunately) not being a bonus for going so.

True sons of Mortarion will always field them 7 strong anything else just feels wrong :D

I think I'll be running at at least 2x 7 man squads with 2 blight launchers and a champion with plasmagun, each one will be accompanied by a Blight hauler for the lively buffs. I'd probably have a 3rd squad but still deciding if I'll be including any of the new terminators or not

Edited by Plaguecaster

Pretty sure it's true sons of Nurgle, since that's where the 7 is important.

Squads of 7 literally have nothing going for them other than 4 ablative wounds instead of 2. Plasma on the whole is worse than Blight Launchers, especially if you have arch contaminator going

7 works out well in terms of using transports as well, it allows you to squeeze ICs in with the Plague Marines to buff them when they pile out. It's also easier to fit multiple squads of 7 within the Plague-Hauler's 7" bubble than larger squads.

Is anyone using their PM for melee? seems like everyone is going mid-range

My plan for now, and until I get a codex in hand is:

Squad Rust: (ranged)

Champion: Plague Sword, Plasma Gun

2x Blight Launchers

4x Normal PM

Squad Corrosion: (melee)

Champion: Plague Sword, Power Fist, Plasma Pistol

1x Plague Spewer

1x Flail

1x Mace

2x Normal PM

(supported by the Plague Grenade character)

Then some haulers to increase their survivability. Squad Corrosion taking Poxwalkers to help them get into combat.

I was thinking of running a 7-man squad in Rhino.

Champ with PF, Flail and 2 of the heavy Plague Spewers.  The rest of the squad would have the two plague knifes. 

Support them would be a Foul Blightspawn (helps for countercharges plus has a nasty flamer)

But especially the Blight Grenade Guy (Putrifyer?  Sorry don't have codex on me)

Plan would be to move up and drop them 6" from target.  Flamers shoot, everyone else uses their Blight grenades thanks to Putrifyer with S and D +1.  Even if the target survives and charges next turn the three flamers would hit again.  That, plus they wouldn't get their Charge initiative thanks to foul blightspawn.

Charging units within 7" of him in the Fight phase lose the ability to fight first in the Fight phase even if they charge or have rules that would otherwise allow them to fight first

Keep in mind that once everyone who was allowed to hit first you start alternating units with the active player starting first. So if only one unit is affected by that aura or no other units already are in melee since last turn he can just activate the unit he charged with and still hits first. :wink: