Plague Marines

Daemon2027

I've run a couple squads of 7 with the 2 blight launcher, champ plasma gun build. I'm waiting to get hold of the Codex and proxy different options to see how they do, since we now have so many.

Also I think 7 is a good number for a squad like that, anyway. The first time I played them I insisted on squads of 7, then developed a respiratory infection two days later. I mean, that's got to be a sign.

Reading the lore a fluffy DG squad is 20 marines+apothecary... would be a large "Stay the hell away from this area" on a board though. massive denial of area.

Really? Where is that fluff if you don't mind me asking I would like to check it out. May start running that it appeals to me.

Reading the lore a fluffy DG squad is 20 marines+apothecary... would be a large "Stay the hell away from this area" on a board though. massive denial of area.

Really? Where is that fluff if you don't mind me asking I would like to check it out. May start running that it appeals to me.

I just read it yesterday and now i can't find it.  annoying. But it was stating that they like to move in groups of 20 + 1 surgeon (as death guard are obsessed with number divisible by 7) and representing the 3 circles of nurgle (3x7=21=20 PM+1 Surgeon)

I just read it yesterday and now i can't find it.  annoying. But it was stating that they like to move in groups of 20 + 1 surgeon (as death guard are obsessed with number divisible by 7) and representing the 3 circles of nurgle (3x7=21=20 PM+1 Surgeon)

Was it in the new codex? I move my PB blobs in 20 + herald for the very reason. Going to love to have 2 blobs on the table doing that.

I have managed to get a few squads by converting some of the DI PMs.

I run mine in 5 man squads.  Currently have:

2 x 5 man squads - 2 plasma in each with plasma and fist champ.  

1 x 5 man squad  - 2 blight launcher with plasma and fist champ.

When the box set comes out I plan to make another 5 man squad with blight launchers and then make 5 with melee weapons to fill out the squads above or run as a stand alone, we shall see. 

I like plasma and the 18 inch rapid fire range.

They seemed to fare pretty well in the Frontline Gaming battle report mentioned above.

On that note, does anyone know of any good bits that could be used to convert Plague Marines from Dark Imperium with bubotic axes or maces of contagion?

Fetid Blightkings has some good Melee bits

I think two squads of 20 poxwalkers in front of a squad of 20 plague marines is cool.

Spend a CP so you can't target the PMs, then spend a CP to give one of the zombie units the "get a new zombie for every model that dies nearby" stratagem. Then buff the same zombie unit with +1 toughness and -1 to hit.

So now your opponent has to choose between shooting a zombie unit that is -1 to hit and toughness 4 or 5, or shooting a normal unit that just adds a new zombie to the buffed unit with each death.

I think two squads of 20 poxwalkers in front of a squad of 20 plague marines is cool.

Spend a CP so you can't target the PMs, then spend a CP to give one of the zombie units the "get a new zombie for every model that dies nearby" stratagem. Then buff the same zombie unit with +1 toughness and -1 to hit.

So now your opponent has to choose between shooting a zombie unit that is -1 to hit and toughness 4 or 5, or shooting a normal unit that just adds a new zombie to the buffed unit with each death.

A very good way to buy yourself another turn. Slow nurgle infantry doesn't slog to combat until turn 3 (4 if the enemy runs away from you)