Death Guard release schedule and missing kits?

Bat33.1

Do we have any indication yet of how long the release schedule is for Death Guard?

Also which kits have pictures but no release date yet?

Typhus

Plague Marines

Tallyman

Biologis Putrifier

Plague Surgeon

Blightspawn

Blightlord Terminators

Blight Haulers

Bloat Drones

Plagueburst Crawler

Beast of Nurgle? No pictures of a new model but it would surely tie in with both 40k DG and AoS and I believe there are rumours?

Still a big list of releases without dates and too many for even a couple of weeks of drip feeding to get them all released. Thoughts?

The drones and haulers might be a dual kit; they certainly share some similarities, although I'm skeptical. Another 4 weeks worth of releases - including next weeks Typhus and Blightlords pre-order - to take us through to the middle of October make sense, as that seems to be how they time their White Dwarf releases now. Beasts of Nurgle and other potential upcoming Daemon goodies will not be dropping in the next month.

There are 8 more releases to come, ignoring Typhus and the Blightlords and not including potential repackaging for units like Poxwalkers (which I don't think will happen in the near future). At the current rate, I think spreading that across 3 weeks is very plausible, with one 'major' kit each week (Drone, Hauler, Crawler) accompanied by a unit or a character. That would leave the last DG pre-order sitting on the 14th of October.

Hopefully it's faster, but they do seem intent on dragging this out.

Do we have any indication yet of how long the release schedule is for Death Guard?

You have no idea how much I wish we knew, mate.

Also, Typhus and the Blightlords were confirmed today as next week's preorders. As for the rest, here's the list:

• Tallyman
  • Foul Blightspawn
  • Biologus Putrifier
  • Plague Surgeon
  • Plague Marines
  • Plagueburst Crawler
  • Myphitic Blight-hauler
  • Foetid Bloat-drone

That's it. There's a very slight, very unlikely possibility that Poxwalkers get a box too, but I wouldn't count on it. Definitely not any new sculpts, mind you, but maybe a box with the 10 from Dark Imperium so people have the ability to buy them in big, round numbers. As for Beasts of Nurgle, they'll get their moment later, with the rest of Nurgle Daemons, those being at least a GUO and Epidemius.

Edited by DeadFingers

Was thinking the same thing... LOTS of models in that codex with no idea when they are coming. With the Plague Marines they already have the sprues (I would assume) in the Dark Imperium box set. With the Primaris having their boxes already out, would have thought GW would have done the same with the Marines, Terminators, and Bloat Drone.

Does seem strange that if they keep this new release pace we will be waiting a month or more after getting the codex with the rules for all these exciting new units without being able to actually purchase some of them.

Any precedence for this in the last few years?

As I have been out if the loop with GW releases in recent years while not playing their games.

Foul Blightspawn and Biologus Putrifier are Plague Marine off-shoots so I would assume those three will come together, mostly likely last just so they can milk the Plague Brethren impulse buying a bit more.

How long did Chaos Cultists remain exclusive to the starter set before they got that £6 box? Wasn't it about half a year or something stupid? Plus we have the Easy-to-Build Poxwalkers so I could see the Dark Imperium ones remaining exclusive until they stop selling it in a few years.

Edited by Lord Marshal

So far with Plague marines we've seen 12 unique single pose sculpts but there are more shown in the codex pictures which means a box is due too. No idea if this will be a ten box or even multi pose they might be one piece bodies again with some variation like the Terminators?

On a separate note anybody seen the GBP price for the blightlords yet? Typhus is £25 I hear.

With the Plague Marines they already have the sprues (I would assume) in the Dark Imperium box set.

Maybe I'm just being dense, but what do you mean?

Apologies, missed this. The casts for the Plague Marines are already on the sprues included in the Dark Imperium box set. Seems it would be rather easy to take those already sculpted sprues, trim the Poxwalkers off, and mold them for Plague Marine box sets rather easily.

With this week's and next week's preorders known, this is what's left:

• Biologus Putrifier
  • Plague Marines
  • Myphitic Blight-hauler

Unless they throw any curve balls like a box of Poxwalkers or the characters from Dark Imperium into the mix, I think we're looking at just another week after this. We're so close.

Edited by DeadFingers

With the Plague Marines they already have the sprues (I would assume) in the Dark Imperium box set.

Maybe I'm just being dense, but what do you mean?

Apologies, missed this. The casts for the Plague Marines are already on the sprues included in the Dark Imperium box set. Seems it would be rather easy to take those already sculpted sprues, trim the Poxwalkers off, and mold them for Plague Marine box sets rather easily.

God I hope not. I want multi-part plague marines with different sculpts to Dark Imperium.

Edit: and we know they are different to DI set from photos in the codex.

Edited by radionausea

So looks like 2 more pre order weeks and we are done?

This has been a spectacular release for me as I've waited for years for a truly distinctive 40k chaos marine army and DG is a bonus as I've always enjoyed the challenge of painting nurgle armies from both 40k and WHFB. I wonder if FW will now retire the old plague marine moulds and Terminators?

Any heads up on crawler, drone or hauler pricing yet? Not that it matters GW just keep taking all my money ;)

So the 13th will be the last release Friday for DG with the Myphitic, Putrifier and box Plague Marines.

great release by GW with the DG and I love the models. Curious what will be next on their list for new models, but 8th edition so far has been :thumbsup:

I have to concur that this is a historic and momentous release not just for Death Guard, but for Chaos collectively, and it certainly bodes well for the future, I think.

That being said I wish they would hurry up and release the new Plague Marines. :P

Edited by ChaosReigns

Well there we go.

jb1oepl9b0oz.jpg

And some prices.

Plague marine champion: £15
Plague marine icon bearer: £15
Plagueburst Crawler: £40
Bloat drone: £30
All the recent named models that appeared on the WC post are also priced at £15

So there it is, October 7th seems to be the last wave of Death Guard preorders. I was starting to think I'd never see the day.

Edited by DeadFingers

Thanks so much Deadfingers!! Do we have any idea of how the kit will be on the sprues; it says blight launchers, plural, so I am assuming we get two in the kit. That would be great.