Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

[2000] Here Goes Nothing...

- - - - - 2000 Death Guard DG

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Lord Marshal

Lord Marshal

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,200 posts
  • Faction: Imperial Guard

HQ

Lord of Contagion - 137pts

- Manreaper

Elites

Blightlord Terminators x10 - 562pts
- Combi-plasma x6
- Bubonic axe x8
- Blight launcher x2
- Flail of corruption x2

Troops

Plague Marines x7 - 187pts
- Power fist

- Plaguesword
- Plasma gun
- Blight launcher x2

Plague Marines x7- 175pts

- Plaguesword
- Plasma gun
- Blight launcher x2

Plague Marines x5 - 142pts

- Powerfist

- Plaguesword
- Meltaguns x2

Poxwalkers x14 - 84pts

Fast Attack

Myphitic Blight-hauler x3 - 411pts

Heavy Support

Plagueburst Crawler - 150pts

Bloody hell, these lads are expensive. 

In my head, the idea is a no-thrills advance forward. The Haulers pull double-duty as anti-armour and cover for the Plague Marines. The Poxwalkers screen the Plaguebursts against Deep Strikes or otherwise move up (Ideally under cover of a Hauler), although I realise Cultists are probably better served for the points in that respect... but hey, models in my collection. The Blightlords are there to generally wreck havoc via Deep Strike themselves. I'm a bit... dubious on how well this will work, but if nothing else it's thematic and a bit different to trying to ram Drones down the enemy's throat, although I suppose the alternative is just that.

Edited by Lord Marshal, 18 September 2017 - 12:26 PM.

Checkmate77

Checkmate77

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 178 posts
  • Faction: Death Guard

I love the fluff of your list.

I do think you are putting a lot of points in the one unit of termies, they will undoubtedly wreck havoc wherever they land, but I would still reduce their number slightly (maybe to 7).  Yes you don't get the second special weapon but honestly with all those combi PG I don't think you loose too much.

I would not take melta guns If I can avoid it, especially if the unit holding them is not in a Rhino.  Blight Launchers are so good now, I would beef the unit up to 7 (if possible) and focus on the Blight Launchers instead..

I'm missing the plague drones in the army list.  I would recommend dropping one of the Blight Haulers and getting a plague drone.  I still think you can provide some good cover to 3 infantry units with 2 PH with proper positioning.  This will give you some fast response where needed.  I unfortunately haven't tried out the different equipment load outs available to our drones, but seeing your army is already very shooty I would maybe give it the Close Combat weapon options (forget the name of it).  Alternatively if you want more Anti-Armor, give it the Heavy blight launcher.

Finally, I noticed you have no phycher support.  I think this could be a huge weakness as not only do you loose out to the awesome new powers DG just got, but you also have no defense against enemy phsychers.  I would either promote your Lord to Typhus or (if you don't like using named characters) see if you can find the points for a plague caster or even a DP.  I think you will get a lot more bang for your buck with a DP over a regular Lord of Contagion.  They are slow and do well in CC.  I get why you got him, to buff your termies, still, it leaves the rest of your army without any HQ support. 

Just some thoughts, hope it helps.

• Lord Marshal likes this

Lord Marshal

Lord Marshal

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,200 posts

Just some thoughts, hope it helps.

I've had another crack at it.  Can't believe I forgot about psykers. The main reason I went with the three Blight-haulers was for the +1 WS/BS, but they're such a points sink and I suppose a Drone would earn it's points back much easier for cheaper. Whilst I'd ideally take the Fleshmower version, the more expensive version is what I have in my collection, similar to why I'm a bit 'iffy' on the power fists despite having two of 'em.

HQ

Daemon Prince of Nurgle - 156pts

Malignant Plaguecaster - 110pts

Elites

Blightlord Terminators x7 -  395
- Combi-plasma x5
- Bubonic axe x6
- Blight launcher x1
- Flail of corruption x1

Troops

Plague Marines x7 - 186pts
- Power fist
- Plasma gun
- Blight launcher x2

Plague Marines x7- 174pts
- Plasma gun
- Blight launcher x2

Plague Marines x7 - 174pts
- Powerfist
- Plaguesword
- Blight launcher x2

Poxwalkers x10 - 70pts

Fast Attack

Foetide Bloat-drone - 158pts
- Plaguespitters x2
- Plague Probe

Myphitic Blight-hauler x2 - 284pts

Heavy Support

Edited by Lord Marshal, 24 September 2017 - 09:56 PM.

Checkmate77

Checkmate77

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 178 posts
  • Faction: Death Guard

Now THAT look's like an awesome Army list msn-wink.gif

Seriously though, I think you have a well rounded Army right now.  Any idea yet on what you want to do in the way of Relics and Warlord traits? Sorry for prodding, but I'm curious what other DG players are doing with all the options in the codex.

• Lord Marshal likes this

Lord Marshal

Lord Marshal

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,200 posts

Now THAT look's like an awesome Army list msn-wink.gif

Seriously though, I think you have a well rounded Army right now.  Any idea yet on what you want to do in the way of Relics and Warlord traits? Sorry for prodding, but I'm curious what other DG players are doing with all the options in the codex.

Tah for the assist. At least we'll have weeks of staggered releases to see how everything works out individually.

Most likely Fugaris’ Helm paired with Arch-Contaminator. There's so many Plague Weapons around and the range is bumped up enough that most of the army could consistently be taking advantage of it. 

Edited by Lord Marshal, 18 September 2017 - 10:49 PM.

• Thrown Pommel likes this

General Strike

General Strike

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,504 posts
What are your crawlers armed with?

Lord Marshal

Lord Marshal

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,200 posts

What are your crawlers armed with?

Most basic kit. Stubber and Plaguespitters. I figure if they're pulling indirect fire support there's not much reason to spend points, plus the Flamers Plaguespitters will be useful against whatever's deep striked.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 2000, Death Guard, DG

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users