Lord of War

Muckwarrior

I've been looking into which Lord of War to take with my DW army. So far, it'll looking like an Imperial Knight Warden (I plan to paint him in DW colors). It seems like he would act as a valuable tank for my soft Kill Teams.

Thoughts? What do you guys use? Do you even use a Lord of War?

A Knight is always a safe plan for DW, though there are tons of other allied options to choose from.  That being said, take care with the points investment on the Knight that you're not cutting corners with the rest of your expensive DW marines.

I don't really use lords of war with typical deathwatch games.

If my games exceed 2000 pts, I'll throw in some knights. I've run a paladin mostly but I have a crusader, gallant, acheron and atrapos as well. The crusader is a beast but you pay the price for bringing him. I think the gallant could be an interesting choice because you don't really expect a knight to rush into melee as fast as possible. Absolutely a great distraction while your other guys move up the field, but would work best if it moves up in parallel with the rest of your forces. You typically expect it to hold a flank or tie up your opponents big threat. Either way you can expect it to be a priority target, so make sure you get some use out of it before it blows.

I think there are some forgeworld lord of wars you could take but I dont have my book to reference. Alternatively, there's some cool HQ options in forgeworld you can take as well (chaplain dreadnaught, etc). Even some efficient elite choices. So with that in mind, I tend to lean away from lords of war personally.