Imperial Guard bitz

darknation

Planning a new squad. Here's a weakass photoshop job to show the general plan.

calej.jpg

I need some help sourcing some bitz.

First, I'd like to find some guard scale bronze age swords, something like this Ewart Park blade here. Or, failing that, a guard-sized gladius set.

Shields as well (CC guard? Madness!). Trying to decide if I want to embrace the insanity and go with wooden shields or not... suggestions for what would fit are welcome.

The gun shown is a bit too techy for me. Waiting for Anvil to release their AK47 and see how they look, but feel free to propose alternatives.

I'm also not 100% married to the idea of those heads, but they are the best I could come up with. Again, suggestions are welcome.

Uh, that's it. This is my first foray into the lands of third-party bitz, so be kind and help me out peoples.

Edited by darknation

For swords, you could try looking at historical plastic kits. These are typically 20-40 figures for £20, and although they can be a bit small, they ought to look decent on more naturally-scaled models than the plastic Cadians.

Alternatively (and perhaps better in my opinion), you could try looking through bitz sellers at the Wood Elf and High Elf fantasy ranges - for example, these and these might work for you if you scrape the runes off.

For guns, I know that Mad Robot Miniatures make lots of styles (link), including two which look like AK47 and FN FAL rifles. Other suppliers worth a look are Victoria Miniatures and Maxmini. If you want to stay GW, there are some rather nice auto rifles and shotguns in the Genestealer Neophyte kit which would probably give you the look you're after - I'd actually be tempted to suggest just getting the full kit, as you get 20 autoguns, 20 shotguns, and a raft of other weapons besides. :)