Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Plaguewing, Baby! 2000

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

General Strike

General Strike

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,478 posts
Here is my go at Plaguewing, any advice on how to keep it Plaguewing and make it stronger is welcome. I know it isn't near the best build for DG.

Vanguard Detachment #1

HQ

Typhus

Elites

Blightlord Terminator Squad: 6x Combi-Bolter and Baleswords, 1x Reaper Autocannon and Balesword

Blightlord Terminators Squad: 5x Combi-Plasma and Baleswords

Plague Surgeon

Fast Attack

Blight-Drone: Probe and Spewers

Vanguard Detachment #2

HQ

Chaos Lord in TDA: Power Sword and Combi-Bolter

Elites

Blightlord Terminators Squad: 6x Combi-Bolters and Bubonic Axes, 1x Reaper Autocannon and Bubonic Axe

Deathshroud Terminators: 3x Deathshroud

Noxious Blightbringer: Plasma Pistol

Fast Attack

Blight-Drone: Probe and Spewers

The idea is to run the drones around to clear chaff and plug holes in my line, Typhus will support the foot slogging 7x Man squads, the lord will come down with the Plasma BLT, and the Deathshroud will be kept in Teleportation until I need them to cut through armor or tank wounds to Typhus. I've considered using Mortarion, but he is so many points, and I feel the same about Land Raiders.

Bulwyf

Bulwyf

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,212 posts
  • Faction: Death Guard

It looks very light on anti vehicle. I'm starting to realize the DG as a faction are going to be horrible against vehicles but could you swap in a Helbrute or some kind of ranged support? Otherwise it looks good.

40kDGBanner

raziel69r

raziel69r

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 29 posts

It looks very light on anti vehicle. I'm starting to realize the DG as a faction are going to be horrible against vehicles but could you swap in a Helbrute or some kind of ranged support? Otherwise it looks good.

I find plagueburst crawlers are superb at anti tank, I first thought that BS4+ was a bit meh but after my first game with them I was very impressed. On top of their more than adequate shooting they are also a real nightmare for your opponent to get rid of due to the T8 5++ and DR!! 3 of these beasts and ur enemies will cry.

Bulwyf

Bulwyf

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,212 posts
  • Faction: Death Guard

You must have proxied them? I have thought about using proxy units until we have the real thing in games.

40kDGBanner

General Strike

General Strike

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,478 posts
That's the weakness of Plaguewing, you run out of points fast. It sucks having to get rid of TDA for anti-armor, wish they had something besides combi-meltas for that.

General Strike

General Strike

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,478 posts
Here is another go at it, taking your advice on anti-armor.

HQ

Chaos Lord in TDA: Combi-Bolter and Power Sword

Typhus

Elites

Blightlord Terminators: 6x Combi-Bolter and Bubotic Axe, 1x Blight Launcher and Bubonic Axe

Blightlord Terminators: 4x Balesword and Combi-Bolter, 1x Balesword and Blight Launcher

Blightlord Terminators: 5x Combi-Plasma and Bubotic Axe

Plague Surgeon: Fugaris Helm

Heavy Support

2x Plagueburst Crawler

LOW

Mortarion

Artemis360

Artemis360

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 198 posts

I don't think Typhus is worth it, especially if you have no poxwalkers.

A regular Chaos Lord will give you re-rolls of 1 to wound and be cheaper.

For second HQ definitely take plaguecaster sorcerer. His powers of +1 toughness and -1 to hit will be a godsend for your terminators.

I dunno what sort of restrictions you've placed on yourself but I think it still qualifies as a 'wing' army if you take 3 troops choices that cost practically nothing. So I recommend taking 3 minimum sized squads of poxwalkers or cultists which will net you the following benefits:

More objective capturing power.

Screens/distractions

Allows you to use Cloud Flies strategem on your terminators which is arguably the best strategem in the book

Allow you to run a battalion (which has tons of Elite slots), giving you 3 more CP.

Check out my Word Bearer Warband

General Strike

General Strike

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,478 posts
Okay, here is round #3

HQ

Chaos Lord in TDA: Combi-Plasma and Balesword

Malignant Plaguecaster

Troops

4x Chaos Cultist Squads: 10x Cultists

Elites

Blightlord Terminators Squad: 4x Bubotic Axe and Combi-Bolters, 1x Bubotic Axe and Blight Launcher

Blightlord Terminators Squad: 4x Baleswords and Combi-Bolters, 1x Balesword and Blight Launcher

Blightlord Terminators Squad: 5x Combi-Plasma and Bubotic Axes

Plague Surgeon: Balesword, Fugaris' Helm

Heavy Support

2x Plague Burst Crawler

LoW

Mortarion

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users