Sister Repentia cosplay (a good one)

Omega-soul

Honestly that's not a very good cosplay of them and more titillation. Repentia are supposed to look horrible, with tons of piercings, mutilations, scars, and holy writs pinned or nailed to their flesh. Not attractive women in holy writkinis.

Have you ever seen OTHER repentia cosplay?)

Well - these girls are tiny, but at least they quite fit - they have some scars and dirt.

That is the closest what you get to a "real" Repentia cosplay to this date.

So that depends. This is AAA for warhammer-cosplay standart, and well maybe B or C on a scale of What-real-Repentia-would-look-like.

Latex prosthetics shouldn't be that hard for somebody to make if they've got the budget to make giant power-boots or full chainswords. These costumes look to be around the same budget as people who build full bionic eyes or admech cybernetic gloves. My issue is that it looks like something that belongs in sports illustrated, and not 40k. 

Well - that might be truth - but it mean that all the other repentia cosplay do not belong to warhammer at all.

There is a distinction between - "They can do better" and "That do not belong to warhammer"

Could they do better - I guess they can.

Can any other repentia-cosplayers make as good as this sports-illustrated? Haven't seen anything even remotely similar.

Thing is - it's not just naked female bodies.

I think that is the part what makes it better than other cosplayers - it's style, details and overall quality.

Just check in google Repentia cosplay and compare the two.

I am impressed. As for the folks saying they didn't go far enough, I challenge any of you to do better. These suggestions of latex-cybernetic getups and pierced body parts just sound out of touch and ridiculous. Ye gods.

Like Omega-Soul said, for 40k style stuff, this is pretty much top-notch.

Edited by Azekai

I am impressed. As for the folks saying they didn't go far enough, I challenge any of you to do better. These suggestions of latex-cybernetic getups and pierced body parts just sound out of touch and ridiculous. Ye gods.

Like Omega-Soul said, for 40k style stuff, this is pretty much top-notch.

It's not ridiculous at all. It's something other cosplayers do and it certainly shouldn't be out of the paygrade of any team behind this cosplay group and models. It's not that hard, and is more a matter of practice and labor. Which frankly isn't out of the question of 40k cosplay, and I don't see how this is considered "top notch" 40k cosplay when you've got the guys and gals who spend months making proportionally correct marine or sisters power armor costumes made out of a metal or plastic skeleton with hardened foam or fiberglass plates. The only thing to really write home about this cosplay is the chainswords and power-boots. 

Let's be honest, the people going "meh" on this are not actually criticizing the craftsmanship, but virtue-signaling how "woke" they are.

Really? I picked up on more of an 'icky girls in my 40k' vibe.
Really? I was just saying I'm not a huge fan. They look decently like Repentia, just not super interested. I don't appreciate being pinned with with . . . whatever label is being thrown around here.

I just don't really care for the overall look, it feels too photoshopped to me (not sure exactly which elements are giving me that vibe, but that's what it is). Add to this a dislike for both the GW models (in terms of what I see as the model's intent vs. the role Repentia play in the fluff) and a general dislike for Raging Heroes as Sisters proxies, and we get a solid "meh" for me, like I said before.

Not implying others shouldn't like this, just giving my personal opinion.

I would sell my soul to the chaos gods for a figure like that.

On a more serious note, I liked the one picture with the hood down and the girls face hidden in the shadows.  It wasn't as 'fan-service-ey' as the rest of them, and was instead something that artistically represented the grim darkness of the far future quite well.  The rest of them were, in my opinion, grade A-cheesecake (which is ironic, as I doubt any of those models have even seen a slice of cheesecake in the last decade.) 

^ you could eat the cheesecake, just gotta purge it like a heretic immediately after! :D

And to be fair, there are some heavy duty photoshop filters at play here. One of the costumes does not allow for any movement at all, and can only be photographed once the strips are placed in just the right place. But as far as their goal of replicating the source miniatures and art, it's dead on. Regarding previous Repentia entries, lauded as they were, they've always been super simple by comparison. If talking pure props, yeah they "only" had to do the boots and chainswords, but overall costuming, makeup, and composition is pretty damn impressive. They aren't banking on "mere titilarion" as some have charged.

I with Volt here. Much like pretty much the entire Raging Heroes line, this cosplay is not made to be a faithful representation of 40k, but a titillating experience.
I'll be the first one to admit, that the work on display is amazing, but let's be honest, 40k wasn't the top priority here, but instead how sexy they can make it. Call me a prude, but I am really turned off by over-sexualization that is crammed into places it has no reason to be in. Oh well, that's up to the individual I guess.

Edited by Frater Cornelius

I feel like we ought to be able to let people dislike what they dislike without attempting to armchair psychoanalyze them.

I enjoyed the photos/cosplay, but didn't find them terribly interesting. I'd personally like up see an interpretation with less pinup and more flagellant.

Their boots are great.

I think they're technically cosplaying Raging Heroes models being used in 40k, and that's kind of entertaining, even though I can't stand Raging Heroes.

I've seen more risque at conventions.  Only the one with the septum ring couldn't really pull it off since her "top" is literally strategically placed "purity" seals that would not stand up to a stiff breeze... no pun intended.

Double-sided tape is a thing. Most burlesque performers I know use wig tape. Other options include using a bit of liquid latex as an adhesive.

In regards to the accusations of them not going far enough with latex prosthetics, whilst I agree they could have gone further, I think they look fine as is. Sure, prosthetic "mutilations" would have been neat, but they still look cool. And Rule of Cool conquers all else IMO.

As far as accusations of them being too fanservicey...maybe? But honestly, I don't see the problem. They're grown women and if they want to wear those outfits more power to them. Sex appeal isn't a fundamentally bad thing, and its presence in something doesn't invalidate any merits it might have. I mean, look at NieR: Automata, which has a decent amount of fanservice but is without a doubt one of the finest videogames made in recent memory (yes I will shut up about it eventually).

I dunno. I've always found it kind of bizarre that in a franchise where tanks are adorned with the flayed corpses of innocents and warriors stride forth clad in armour bearing the skulls of a thousand foes, a bit of cheesecake is considered "problematic". But then I am a filthy Slaaneshi degenerate so maybe I'm biased. :D

For me it's not that I have anything against fan service itself, I just don't generally like it with Sisters because, well, it's overdone and I think it clashes with the fluff.

In this case, I don't think this is all that much fanservice. It's certainly a bit, but not a ridiculous amount considering Repentia in general. Still not hugely interested.

Posted · Hidden by Aqui, September 25, 2017 - Really?
Hidden by Aqui, September 25, 2017 - Really?

I dunno. I've always found it kind of bizarre that in a franchise where tanks are adorned with the flayed corpses of innocents and warriors stride forth clad in armour bearing the skulls of a thousand foes, a bit of cheesecake is considered "problematic". But then I am a filthy Slaaneshi degenerate so maybe I'm biased. :D

The Emperor Erects?

I'm a crusty ol' b:censored: rd and I consider being "woke" a joke (and I'm Libertarian, in case anyone wants to get all politically judgey) so know that I couldn't care less about the titillation aspect of these pics. Is it present? Sure. Is it exploitation? Only of the raging hormones of 16 year-olds that find displays of skin of the gender they're attracted to arousing.

I have quite a few friends into cosplay. The amount of work they put into some of their costumes makes the hours I spend hobbying seem paltry in comparison. So when I see those pics, I immediately focus on the fact that that's some damned fine props/costumes. Some skill and time went in to making those boots and chainswords, y'all -- and that's no lie.

Other than that, the only pic that really grabbed me was the one with the white-haired girl whose face is hidden in the shadows of her hood. That's a great pic. Other than that, you can see more risque things at a Suicide Girls burlesque show, and I personally don't find grimy bloody things sexy...so that part gets a "meh".

As with all things subjective, though, YMMV.

Edited by CrusherJoe

For the record I said the reason I don't like these is that I dislike both the GW Repentia models and the Raging Heroes proxis (since I believe I'm the only one in this thread to mention disliking the Repentia sculpts). If that's the case, I also don't hate the aesthetic, I just have a few issues with it's implementation as a model in the current range. But that's off topic :P

I hadn't seen those Raging Heroes miniatures before. I'll go look at the range. My FLGS occasionally sponsors 3000+ point games. A couple squads of Repentia might be viable at higher point levels.