Inexorable Advance & Forge World Hellbrutes

Charlo

I love siege claw and grav bombard on Levi. I always go with melee/ranged options for my dreadnaughts/helbrutes. It gives them options in case your opponent DS some termies on it or sends in some kind of infantry fodder to tie it up.

I’m looking at fielding a Contemptor in my 1000 points list with a Kherson assault cannon and a Hellforged Deathclaw.

Now I got the data slate but I can’t find the points cost to use him in my games, I only see the power points on it.

Do we just use the points in the Marine Codex or canI find them somewhere else?

I’m looking at fielding a Contemptor in my 1000 points list with a Kherson assault cannon and a Hellforged Deathclaw.

Now I got the data slate but I can’t find the points cost to use him in my games, I only see the power points on it.

Do we just use the points in the Marine Codex or canI find them somewhere else?

Yup, I'm going to be rocking a Deredeo with butcher cannons, greater havoc launcher, heavy bolters, and a hellfire veil. Have it move up with msu plague marines rapid firing plasma/bolters at 18".

This FAQ gets two (bloated) thumbs up.

Yup, I'm going to be rocking a Deredeo with butcher cannons, greater havoc launcher, heavy bolters, and a hellfire veil. Have it move up with msu plague marines rapid firing plasma/bolters at 18".

NAAAAASTY! That's a top idea.

Just went through my FW index. There's actually (as far as I saw) no helbrute keyword in the deredeo and leviathan dreads. Didn't check any if the other dreads, but probably will be the same result.

So there goes that lol

They added the helbrute keyword in the FW index FAQ to the Hellforged Contemptor Dreadnought, Hellforged Deredeo Dreadnought and Hellforged Leviathan Dreadnought thankfully.

(edit: linked v1.0 of the FAQ, updating to 1.1)

https://whc-cdn.games-workshop.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/40K_8th_ed_Update_Imperial_Armour_Index_Forces_of_Chaos_ver_1.1.pdf

Edited by Arkhanist

You can take the greater havoc launcher or the hellfire veil, not both unfortunately.

Just went through my FW index. There's actually (as far as I saw) no helbrute keyword in the deredeo and leviathan dreads. Didn't check any if the other dreads, but probably will be the same result.

So there goes that lol

That's why you always check the FAQ as well. It got added there later on. ;)

They added the helbrute keyword in the FW index FAQ to the Hellforged Contemptor Dreadnought, Hellforged Deredeo Dreadnought and Hellforged Leviathan Dreadnought thankfully.

https://whc-cdn.games-workshop.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/40K_8th_ed_Update_Imperial_Armour_Index_Forces_of_Chaos_ver_1.0.pdf

Awesome! Where would one find these in the future. I'm updated regularly about GW FAQs, but haven't seen/heard of the FW ones until now.

You can take the greater havoc launcher or the hellfire veil, not both unfortunately.

Sad face. Well, I guess I'd take the hellfire veil over the greater havoc launcher.

Sorry to derail this thread with lack of FW FAQ reading!

Awesome! Where would one find these in the future. I'm updated regularly about GW FAQs, but haven't seen/heard of the FW ones until now.

The primary source for FAQ's these days appears to be warhammer community posts. I just search it for 'FAQ' usually. This is the current batch of forgeworld FAQs I think (the one I originally linked was the 1.0 chaos FAQ, there's the 1.1 one now, sorry!)

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/07/15/new-and-updated-forge-world-faqs-july16gw-homepage-post-2/

There's also a handy sticky in the Official Rules section.

Edited by Arkhanist

• 1 month later...

Sorry for a bit of a necro, but how is everything coming to the conclusion that the "Inexorable Advance" legion trait was updated to include "Helbrute" as a keyword? I've seen no evidence of this at all. 

the FAQ states:
Change the first sentence of rules text to read: ‘If your army is Battle-forged, all Infantry and Helbrute units in Death Guard Detachments gain this ability.’

Now I am under the impression that Inexorable Advance indeed applies to FW Dreadnoughts. I also believe that Fire Frenzy would apply to FW Dreadnoughts as well. If your argument to FW Dreadnoughts is that they only have the "Helbrute" "keyword" and not the Helbrute "unit" type.. how is there any difference between the way Inexorable Advance reads and how Fire Frenzy reads?

I tried scanning through the rulebook as well and I could not find any evidence supporting the idea that the units title defined what the unit was and not the keywords of the unit.

Just looking for clarification, maybe I've missed/am missing something. 

Inoxerable was FAQd to have the "Helbrute" be a keyword, so anything with the keywiord gets it. Fire frenzy's Helbrute isn't bolded, so it isn't a keyword, it's the unit itself 

Except as you can see in the previous post it was not the "keyword." There is no keyword at all in the FAQ in reference to the Legion trait. There is no "bolded" font for Fire Frenzy either.. Unit and Helbrute are written exactly the same in both the Legion Trait and in the Stratagem...

Edited by Bloody Legionnaire

Inoxerable was FAQd to have the "Helbrute" be a keyword, so anything with the keywiord gets it. Fire frenzy's Helbrute isn't bolded, so it isn't a keyword, it's the unit itself 

Except as you can see in my previous prose it was not the "keyword." There is no keyword at all in the FAQ in reference to the Legion trait. There is no "bolded" font for Fire Frenzy either.. Unit and Helbrute are written exactly the same in both the Legion Trait and in the Stratagem...

Um....not sure what you're talking about. Your previous post was about contemptor dreadnoughts being good on page 1.

If you're just account hopping and you're also  Big Bad Wolf. Yea, the faq does make it a keyword.....

In the Codex there's no Bold, unlike Inantry:

dea7471.png

Here's the FAQ

l2aH8lf.png

Except as you can see in my previous prose it was not the "keyword." There is no keyword at all in the FAQ in reference to the Legion trait. There is no "bolded" font for Fire Frenzy either.. Unit and Helbrute are written exactly the same in both the Legion Trait and in the Stratagem...

Um....not sure what you're talking about. Your previous post was about contemptor dreadnoughts being good on page 1.

If you're just account hopping and you're also  Big Bad Wolf. Yea, the faq does make it a keyword.....

dea7471.png

Here's the FAQ

l2aH8lf.png

I usually reply to Chaos Forums under my Chaos name. Don't like to mix allegiances with accounts. Sometimes I forget which one I've logged into, that is all. ;)

I have the Digital Codex for Death Guard which they've updated after the FAQ. It is not bold in the Codex. If you're trying to say that bold print makes something a keyword I hope you know that you're making a very big stretch especially considering the fact "unit" is still printed. 

I'm not necessarily blaming you for seeing it that way, BTW. Just trying to point out its very inconsistent between the wordings. GW needs to get it together and figure out a way to stay consistent with their Warhammer Community FB clarifications. I've seen another post in which a GW individual has stated that FW "Helbrutes" do have access to Fire Frenzy. Then you have Warhammer Community posting that while FW "Helbrutes" have access to IA they do not have access to FF. It's like whether or not Emperors Children or World Eaters have access to Berzekers and Noise Marines, respectably, as troops all over again. Warhammer Community says no on FB and the GW says yes with an FAQ. At this points its getting ridiculous. 

Some have tried to claim FF would be too powerful on units like Contemptors and Leviathans. Considering the Short Range on all of the high damage output weapons and the fact that with FF you must fire at the closest unit when the Helbrute fires again I really don't think it will be as powerful as some make it out to be. 

Some have tried to claim FF would be too powerful on units like Contemptors and Leviathans. Considering the Short Range on all of the high damage output weapons and the fact that with FF you must fire at the closest unit when the Helbrute fires again I really don't think it will be as powerful as some make it out to be. 

The concept of all chaos dreads of various flavors having access to fire frenzy is something I like. It rewards aggressive play: charge up and close with the stuff you really want to shoot to bits.

dea7471.png

Here's the FAQ

l2aH8lf.png

I have the Digital Codex for Death Guard which they've updated after the FAQ. It is not bold in the Codex. If you're trying to say that bold print makes something a keyword I hope you know that you're making a very big stretch especially considering the fact "unit" is still printed. 

I'm not necessarily blaming you for seeing it that way, BTW. Just trying to point out its very inconsistent between the wordings. GW needs to get it together and figure out a way to stay consistent with their Warhammer Community FB clarifications. I've seen another post in which a GW individual has stated that FW "Helbrutes" do have access to Fire Frenzy. Then you have Warhammer Community posting that while FW "Helbrutes" have access to IA they do not have access to FF. It's like whether or not Emperors Children or World Eaters have access to Berzekers and Noise Marines, respectably, as troops all over again. Warhammer Community says no on FB and the GW says yes with an FAQ. At this points its getting ridiculous. 

I have the digital version too; that picture was taken from it after downloading today. They don't update them with the FAQs, at least not the normal epub versions. The FAQ picture is from their official FAQ on the website. There's nothing ambiguous going on, they released an official FAQ in October.

And yes, I'm saying bold print makes something a keyword. If you think that's a stretch, go read page 125 of the rulebook where they say "Sometimes a rule will say that it applies to models with a specific keyword. For example, a rule might say it applies to all Adeptus Astartes models. This means it applies to models that have the Adeptus Astartes keyword". Disregarding what you possibly think Infantry unit could refer to, if not a unit with the Infantry keyword, in our case a Helbrute unit, is a unit with the Helbrute keyword.

The community site is more often than not accurate in the minutiae of the rules, since it's GW's public face for communication. The facebook mods are just people who can't be bothered to pick up a rulebook and read the very first page of rules.

On a slightly different tangent here, but has anyone had some gameplay experience with a leviathan with EA in play? Mine should be arriving in a few weeks and I'm interested to know how it plays and any tips from your games.

It's an absolute monster. It's shooting is insane (and even better in a DG army as it can move and shoot freely) and it's combat prowess is crazy strong too.