Primaris Grey Knights

b1soul

I remember someone (was it Heri?) saying that there will be no Primaris Grey Knights due to them having the Emperor's Geneseed and thus, they are already superior to normal Astartes. Most likely (that's my assumption) for the same reason why there will be no Custodes Primaris, as well.

The Custodians are created via a different method so would not be able to be “Primaris-ed”

Grey Knights are still Astartes. Although I believe their gene-seed is meant to be from The Emperor.

I guess it’s never been mentioned if Cawl did anything with that or if he just improved the Legions.

Yeah...I agree that Primaris Custodes would not make much sense, but Primaris GK should be possible and, if so, desirable IMO

And that's how the Heresy started ;) Interimperium war will commence ;) Custodes Primaris, GK Primaris - everything Primaris. If SoS will sell well - they will create Sisters of Silence 'Primaris' too.

I do appreciate that they need new models to sell well. But where should be some logical restrictions on 'Primaris' gegemony.

They won't go back now. Primaris is a safer, stable and faster way to get marines. Why should they go back? Unless it goes horribly wrong somewhere.

Even Fabius and Failbaddon want to have Primaris ....

You wait until Cawl restores The Emperor using the Tree of Life that Russ brings back.

For one The Emperor will be very upset “I was almost a God!” Etc

Also. Cawl will create StormCast eternals using secret Necron knowledge.

That's exactly what happen - cause lore masters in GW forget about adulthood and went into their childish years.

Has BL (or GW in general) addressed the possibility of Primaris GK anywhere, either directly or indirectly?

What's the current status?

Not directly, but indirectly there are some big crosses against their possibility. As said, the GK geneseed is different. Cawl has 'only' worked on the original 20 legions geneseed as of Dark Imperium. He never had access to the GK seed, in fact it is possible that Guilliman didn't even know of the existence of the Grey Knights when he first commissioned Cawl. In addition, I doubt that the Grey Knights would let Cawl near their geneseed with a barge pole. They are the ones who were used to clean up the Cursed Founding research site after all, they know what can happen, and frankly  they seem to do pretty well as they are. 

I'm just waiting for Cube Marines. Primaris-Primaris Space Marines who get Primarisified.

Call may not even know the GK exist, and the GK may not know Cael exists. It's not like they Imperium-wide Wi Fi or anything. There's probably a branch of the Inquisition that watches the AdMech (Ordo Machina? There's a juicy conversion/short story idea), but they're super secretive and guarded as is everyone in the Inq so the GK don't know about them.

Due to the nature of the GK I am not sure Primaris would work. They are space marine sin name only to be honest.

Different geneseed, very different way to train, equip and put them into battle. GK power armour and terminator armour is a different mark entirely from those used by other chapters due to the aegis.

Also the GKs are so secretive and exist outside the Adeptus Astartes, they would not recognise any attempt by Guilliman to assign new tech or recruits and I don't see Cawl handing over the details and tech required to create Primaris.

Not to mention that all GKs are pyskers complicating it even further.

But the most inportant part here is that only Guilliman controls the methods for creating Primaris, he assigns primaris to the other chapters based on the geneseed that created them. He doesn't have access to the geneseed of the GK's and it's doubtful he ever will. (unless they are secretly using the Thousand son's genessed and even then, Guilliman is very clear on not using traitor geneseed).

Besides did the GK get Voldus, Chaplains, Grand Masters in Dreadknights and Ancients with the new codex.

I dare to assume that this is it for them in the 8th edition regarding receiving new stuff.

Heresy! Guilliman knows all

Heresy to even suggest that :teehee:

Besides did the GK get Voldus, Chaplains, Grand Masters in Dreadknights and Ancients with the new codex.

I dare to assume that this is it for them in the 8th edition regarding receiving new stuff.

True with a lot in the pipeline

I'm sure when Games Workshop want to top the cocaine bucket a bit they'll suddenly be very approving of the Primaris and upgrade to 'em. 

I don't think it's a question of 'if' so much as 'when' given how well Vanilla Primaris have apparently sold.

Edited by Lord Marshal