Limited line of models and units?

Bluebeard

Do you have any recommendations or Lovercraft works? I'm just peeling into the books (Wkkipedia only gets you so far) so I'd like to know what's worth reading/listening to.

Sorry for off-topic!

All mentioned by HCM are sure bet, a good way to start is with a collection of short stories, personally one of my favorite is At the Mountain of Madness. As for longer stories Lurker at the Threshold is really good too.

AtMoM is comparatively long, its a novella not a short story (I know this because its one of the very few I actually read all the way through). But as a American pulp fiction writer HP Lovecraft is a short story author, his only actual novel is The Case of Charles Dexter Ward which was published after his death. Lurker At the Threshold is not actually by Lovecraft, its a Derleth 'posthumous collaboration' which probably has something to do with it being a full novel.

A while back i was looking for something Lovecraftian to proxy for pink horrors.

Gibbering mourners or some other misshapen form with lots of eye balls, mouths and tentacles though I had no luck.

I'm far from a Lovecraft fan/aficionado but the conflation of 'Lovecraftian = tentacles' always feels a bit narrow. Shoggoths are just one Lovecraft monster, they're not that representative (and are shapeshifters with no real form so the whole eyes and tentacles thing is just a temporary appearance).

Plop any Shoggoth inspired model into a 40k game and its going to look like a Chaos Spawn.