Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Death Guard 750 points

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

Vissah

Vissah

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 923 posts
  • Faction: Death Guard

G`Day my fellow disgusting friends,

Been a while since I played but back in the days I used to play a lot of Chaos with ra Plague Marine unit in a Rhino in it and I Decided to come back to the game after seeing the new models.

The last couple years when I play it are always smaller games, easier to bring, faster to play and I think more fun, so that is why I don`t go higher then 1000 points.

Now to the point. I am playing in 2v2 tournaments sometimes and the next one is going to be 750 points and you jave to use a Patrol Detachment. I am building towards it and this is what I got finished so far.

7 Plague Marines

Plague Champion, Power Fist, Plasmagun 

2x Plasmagun

Like I said this was my go to squad and I am really looking foward to playing them again.

Foetid Bloat Drone

2x Plaguespitters

Plague Probe

Like ti Said this is all I got finished for now but I am looking to expand. I got some ideas about what to put in the list to keep it mobile and more in the elite style, wich I like.

I am thinking of adding a Deamon Prince and another Drone.

Is this a good idea?

Anyway I can use all the help I can get so if you guys can help a fellow unwashed guy out it would be highly appreciated.

Edited by Vissah, 20 September 2017 - 09:15 AM.

I promise you, if I go down I go like a gangster and I will be firing the entire time!

Chael P. Sonnen

Checkmate77

Checkmate77

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 178 posts

A Demon Prince would definitely be a powerful HQ choice, his access to phsychic powers will definitely help as he can fill multiple Battlefield Roles.

Another Drone would be nice, but if yes, I'd equip it with the Heavy Blightlauncher to give you some more anti-Armor support.  Alternatively have you thought about a Hellbrute?  Mine have always worked very well in Low-point games. 

Also, Instead of Plasma Guns for your PM, have you considered Blight Launchers? 

Vissah

Vissah

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 923 posts

A Demon Prince would definitely be a powerful HQ choice, his access to phsychic powers will definitely help as he can fill multiple Battlefield Roles.

Another Drone would be nice, but if yes, I'd equip it with the Heavy Blightlauncher to give you some more anti-Armor support.  Alternatively have you thought about a Hellbrute?  Mine have always worked very well in Low-point games. 

Also, Instead of Plasma Guns for your PM, have you considered Blight Launchers? 

Yeah that is why I have been thinking of taking a Prince, it has psychic powers and is a combat beast.

The list that I am thinking of is the following.

Deamon Prince

Wings

Claws

7 Plague Marines

Champ, Power Fist, Plasmagun

Rhino

Combi Bolter

2x Drone

Plaguespitters

Plague Probe

752 points

It is 2 points over so I will just drop the Power Fist and for the remaing 10 points I just buy them an Icon of Despair.

What do you guys think of this list?

Another option is taking out the Prince and taking a Plaguecaster with one of the support elite characters but that leaves me with one treat less on the field.

My idea is to get into my opponents face turn 2 and then after that the killing starts. Used to play like that back in the days and it always worked fine for me.

I promise you, if I go down I go like a gangster and I will be firing the entire time!

Chael P. Sonnen

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users