3k terror assualt

LtDan

Finally getting my nightlords back off the ground after being put on hold for over a year. I'm running terror assualt(surprise, surprise)I don't really want any armour in my list if I can help it. With the exception of the javelins as there cool and fast moving.

All squads are in standard pods for now. Maybe sort some dreadclaws out in near future.

Plan is for a all comers list. Nice and fluffy but still don't want to get stomped. Don't want token leviathan in the list that everyone seems to run. Any advise where to improve etc would be great. I my add a apothecary to the raptors that that will be with the preator and curze. Cheers

Curze

Jump pack preator(mc paragon blade, mb, digi laser)

10 raptors(2 power axes, 4 glaives, 4 pairs lightning claws)

Terror squad with volkite in pod(srg aa, powerfist)

Terror squad with volkite in pod(srg aa, powerfist)

Terror squad with heavy chainblades in pod(srg aa,mb,glaive)

Vets with meltas and combi meltas(in pod) srg aa vox

Vets with plasma and combi plasma(in pod) srg aa vox

3 sky slayers with mm, srg power fist.

3 javelins with mm and lascannons. 2 hunterkillers each

I’d play around with normal Assault Marines instead of Raptors to see what the points difference gets you (a larger squad, more Javelins, or lots of Melta Bombs – I think you’ll need Melta Bombs).  If you stick with the Raptors, no problem, but make sure you’ve seen what your options look like first. 

The Jetbikes make more sense with a Volkite Culverin, otherwise the two with Heavy Bolters are going to waste and they’re too expensive for that.  But you already have anti-infantry well covered, so I’d either try to squeeze in the Heavy Support Jetbikes (all Multi-Meltas) or take more Javelins.  A pity Attack Bikes don’t fit the Deep Strike nature of the list, they’re a relatively durable source of affordable Multi-Meltas.

• 1 month later...

I'd go for Assault marines and put the points saved into something else.

Your Raptor unit will take casualties on its way in so having all those special weapons will drain points.

You might even be able to afford a second cheap Assault squad or a Tactical squad to defend home objectives after adjusting a few things.

Edited by Perry