Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Quick New Codex top 10 wishlist..... go!

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

Simiel

Simiel

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 47 posts
  • Chapter Name: Dark Angels

1.) Cheaper Dire Avengers......

2.) Striking Scorpions which cost less that Jump Pack Assault Marines.

3.) Swooping Hawk grenade packs work on deep strike again.

4.) Suncannon changed to Heavy 8

5.) Wraithlord WS & BS = 2

6.) A actually Decent Sword for the Autarch to wield.

7.) Falcons which cost less than Crimson Hunters.

8.) Warlock smite ... nerf range or damage not both.

9.) Making Warlock conclaves actually useful.

10. ) Some AP on Witchblades / Singing Spear ( also it's ranged strength 9 is redundant ( if this is still in the codex i'll know they did 1/2 job like with the index )).

Pentharian

Pentharian

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 264 posts

Some of those suggestions seem quite extreme, but some I have to agree with.

For myself, I don't really have a full 10 things I'd like to see - but I do have a few!

1) New Plastic Aspect Warrior Kits. >.>;

2) Wraithblade/guard and Wraithlord Toughness increase by 1.

3) Change to Warlock's Smite decrease.

4) Points adjustment on Starcannon.

5) Points adjustment on War Walkers.

... I guess I'm easy to please.

eclipse.png

Dulahan

Dulahan

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 271 posts

1: Shuriken Catapult Range Increase for Guardians (And probably stat increase for DA then) - I'd propose Assault 2 18" for the Guardians, and then either Assault 3 18" for DA or Assault 2 24" -  There's SO MUCH 18 and 24" assault 2+ censored.gif out there, especially with Primaris stuff.  there's no reason Eldar should be so short ranged.  Assault 2 is pointless if half your force is dead by the time you make it to 12", and even 18" leaves you in reasonable assault range for most armies!  (I wouldn't complaint about Assault 2 24" for Guardians either!

2: Dire Avenger Point Decrease (Or stat increase to justify the cost)

3: Worthwhile Melee troops that aren't Wraiths!  Either via numbers, ability or whatever.

4: Wraithlord Invul Save

5: Wraith Knight base Invul Save not requiring the shield, Imp Knights wreck us!

6: Some options to survive the ridiculous numbers of Mortal Wounds out there!  We're not a Horde Army!

7: Hawks stuff already mentioned

8: More Autarch Eqiupment options *coughworthwhilemeleecough*

9: Something to make the dual Sword Wraithblades worth it aside from "I don't have enough points left for the axe and shield ones"

10: And yes, Plastic Aspect Warriors!

EDIT:  Actually, instead of Invuls on our "Wraith" stuff - I'd like to see a Feel No Pain roll, 5+ would be ideal.  That would work for everything from Guard on up through Titans to make up for our lack of reliable Invuls.  and I'm cool with the fact it probably means a point cost increase.

Edited by Dulahan, 21 September 2017 - 03:15 PM.

• Simiel likes this

Simiel

Simiel

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 47 posts
  • Chapter Name: Dark Angels

Don't really want to side track this topic but I actually think Guardians and Catapults ranges are ok as is, if we had cheaper Avengers, we would be pushing them up the field for objectives etc, while defenders sit on the back field attacking up the board with there heavy weapons while still having a 19-20" threat range if something breaks through the lines. Whether we get back something like the old battle focus or not I don't know. If Guardians need anything it's a little bit of damage mitigation to compare more favourably with rangers, I did think of them having a 4+ but that would probably make them too good.

Anway one more for luck:

11.) Bonesingers!!!

Dulahan

Dulahan

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 271 posts

Don't really want to side track this topic but I actually think Guardians and Catapults ranges are ok as is, if we had cheaper Avengers, we would be pushing them up the field for objectives etc, while defenders sit on the back field attacking up the board with there heavy weapons

See, that's my fundamental issue with it.  Having a Heavy Weapon shouldn't be necessary to make them worthwhile!

Marshal Wolfhart

Marshal Wolfhart

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 301 posts
  • Chapter Name: Black Templars

Let's beat that dead horse!

1. Psychic phase - Let's be the best psykers in the galaxy again. Warlock smite and all powers 7+ hurts.

2. Usable (Good?) Dire Avengers

3. Vaul's Wrath Battery price fix and more shots.

4. Wraithknight cheaper or better (invul, more hsots on guns)

5. Wraithlord get T8 back! or maybe an invuln. or at least a few more wounds...

6. All aspectwarriors drop a few points

7. Battlefocus for heavy weapons or dash after firing.

8. Fix D-Cannons vs D-Scythes, higher strength for example

9. Falcons get cheaper, more wounds or pulse laser massive buff

10. Fire Prisms and Shadow Weavers need to get better at their job or cheaper. More shots for "blasts".

I like how there's largely consensus on what is wrong with our army list. Even from people who are not playing Eldar themselves!

No Pity.

No Remorse.

No Fear.

Spoiler

BOOyh8Z.png

Kallas

Kallas

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 112 posts
  • Chapter Name: Howling Griffons
As someone who loves the underrepresented Aspects, my wishlist:

1-10) Plastic Warp Spider, Swooping Hawk and Shining Spear kits.

Oh. I guess also make some changes to the rules/points, but really I'd buy and play the hell out of those Aspects if they weren't crappy old sculpts in ridiculously expensive Finecast.

Aothaine

Aothaine

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 885 posts

Oh. I guess also make some changes to the rules/points, but really I'd buy and play the hell out of those Aspects if they weren't crappy old sculpts in ridiculously expensive Finecast.

Hey now.. the swooping hawks look great! They just need to be plastic.

Dulahan

Dulahan

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 271 posts

Eh... stand 'em next to Scourges and not so much.  They just need to be more dynamic. 

• Kallas likes this

Captain Coolpants

Captain Coolpants

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,667 posts
  • Chapter Name: Grey Knights
I like scourges. And I want to like swooping hawks, but the models are just so lame.

Aothaine

Aothaine

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 885 posts

Eh... stand 'em next to Scourges and not so much.  They just need to be more dynamic. 

The scourges are just have different wings. Otherwise the poses look very similar imho. 

Back on topic: 

I want buffs to the different aspects, Swooping Hawks mainly, and plastic kits for them. I really don't like resin and that has been one of th key elements to me not building a Eldar army.

Edited by Aothaine, 13 October 2017 - 06:20 PM.

Karhedronuk

Karhedronuk

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,119 posts
Well it looks like we only have a week to find out whether Christmas is coming early for the Eldar or if hosing we received in the Index will persist for the duration.

https://www.warhamme...he-craftworlds/

Sanguinius stood up, stretching his wings to their full extent. He flexed his hands. "I need no blade".
It was as though Sanguinius gleamed with pale light, his face white, eyes becoming blood-red, surrounded by the golden crown of flowing hair. Guilliman had witnessed glimpses of of his brother's wrath before, but had never seen the true Blood Angel unleashed. Sanguinius surged forward on alabaster wings, half a meter from the floor, whiteness streaming from him like flames.

Pentharian

Pentharian

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 264 posts
Wraithguard, Wraithblades, and Wraithlord toughness increased by 1. Heh. Called it.

eclipse.png

Dulahan

Dulahan

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 271 posts

Honestly, not super thrilled by it.  I'd rather have seen a FNP or something.  But it's better than it was!  At least it'll half the damage I take from Lasgun spam, or half what I take from bolters on my Wraithlord.

Captain Coolpants

Captain Coolpants

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,667 posts
  • Chapter Name: Grey Knights
I actually much preferred wraithguard/blades being toughness 5 and wraithlords toughness 7 and wraithknights being 8. It made better sense having the increments increase the more powerful the unit is.

But saying that, in an edition where everything can hurt everything (when previously they were immune to under strength 4 or 4) it was a strange move to have reduced the toughness in the first place.

I think I would have preferred a fnp type of ability instead, since ya'know, it's a soul in living magic bone/half dead (like, but not like nurgle in a way).

Pentharian

Pentharian

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 264 posts
I think the FNP-type abilities would have made them too tough due to being able to ignore mortal wounds. With the multi-wounds Wraiths have now, they were already pretty tough to begin with - don't want to bring it too far. With the +1 T even Lascannons are only wounding the Wraithlord on a 4+. Still can potentially two-shot him, but hey... Win some... A 2+ armor on the Lord wouldn't have been so bad either, given the way AP works now.

eclipse.png

Karhedronuk

Karhedronuk

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,119 posts

Honestly, not super thrilled by it.  I'd rather have seen a FNP or something.  But it's better than it was!  At least it'll half the damage I take from Lasgun spam, or half what I take from bolters on my Wraithlord.

Wraithguard only benefit a bit due to S3, 5 and 6 not being particularly common (unless you are facing assault cannon spam). Wraithlords definitely get better at T8 though. S4 covers most basic weapons in the game so they are nearly twice as tough vs small-arms. Also T7 and 8 cover plasma, krak, PFs, THs etc meaing those Wraithlords will hang on a fair bit longer in the face of heavy weapons. Add to that they don't degrade so fast and they go from being a bit worse than SM Dradnoughts to quite a bit better for a similar price. 3 Wraithlords and a Spiritseer are a decent Spearhead detachment and cost well below 500 points.

Sanguinius stood up, stretching his wings to their full extent. He flexed his hands. "I need no blade".
It was as though Sanguinius gleamed with pale light, his face white, eyes becoming blood-red, surrounded by the golden crown of flowing hair. Guilliman had witnessed glimpses of of his brother's wrath before, but had never seen the true Blood Angel unleashed. Sanguinius surged forward on alabaster wings, half a meter from the floor, whiteness streaming from him like flames.

Dulahan

Dulahan

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 271 posts

Now I'm just hoping Forgeworld upgrades the Wraithseer to the same toughness!

• TheFinisher4Ever likes this

Kallas

Kallas

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 112 posts
  • Chapter Name: Howling Griffons

Wraithguard only benefit a bit due to S3, 5 and 6 not being particularly common (unless you are facing assault cannon spam).

S3 (Lasgun), S5 (Heavy Bolters) and S6 (Assault Cannons, Relic Blades) are pretty damn common in general.

The +1T isn't going to blow anyone's socks off, but it is damn useful, especially when it comes with no price tag!

Dulahan

Dulahan

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 271 posts

Yeah, it's gonna depend a lot on your local meta.  Some people, especially playing mostly Marines, might not see a lot from it (depending how said marines get kitted out).  Others might see a huge one.

Calyptra

Calyptra

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 269 posts
  • Chapter Name: Dark Eldar
My Craftworld army is miniscule, and I haven't really examined the rules for models that aren't in it, so my wishlist is rather short.

1. Fix Die Avengers. I just painted a bunch, so now I have to use them.

2. Alaitoc Pathfinders, who were Pathfinders before there were Tau. They'd make my Alaitoc more Alaitoccy, and give me an excuse to do completely unnecessary conversions with my Rangers.

As long as I'm wishlisting, here's one that's absolutely not going to happen.

3. Bring back the old Assassin and Executioner class Ghost Warriors, so I can get some use out of the models.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users