Zacrets unforgiven

zacret

• 2 weeks later...

Great termie Zacret ! Excellent addition to your squad.

Every time I look on the deathwng termies I think that their heads are smaller than the ones from normal SM termies, wolf guard or even the ones from DV set. But they seem to be the only ones that have side vents.

I meet my friend Jakob for a 1000 point game yesterday.

orks_01.jpg  

He brought a footslogging horde of boys, painboy, big mech, warboss and lots of gretching artillary! This were how his center looked like after deployment.

My list.

HQ:

Master in terminator armour:(1) Stormbolter:(1), powersword:(1) 111 (master strategist)

Techmarine:(1) Chainsaw:(1), Conversion beamer:(1), boltgun:(1) 65

ELITE:

Deathwing terminators:(5) Stormbolters:(5), powersword:(1), powerfists:(4) 192

Venerable dreadnaught:(1) Twin autocannon:(2) 156

TROOPS:

Tactical squad:(5) Boltgun:(3), plasmagun:(1), plasmapistol:(1) 85

Scout squad:(5) Boltgun:(4), heavy bolter:(1) 65

Scout squad:(5) Sniper rifle:(5) 75

DEDICATED:

Razorback:(1) Twin assault cannon(1), stormbolter(1) 102

HEAVY:

Devastator squad:(6) Plasmacannon:(3), Armorium Cherub 146    

total points: 997

The game ended out in a loose to me  and ended in turn 6, in the end i just couldnt stop his 70+ boys and man they hurt when they first get to your units! Even my mighty Deathwing terminators last only a mere 2 rounds.

It were a great game and i did learn some things from the first game and im gonna make a few alterations to my list, not alot, just a few.

First the pros:

My 5 man snipper squad: They 1shot his big mech in their first round of shooting. They forced 2 mortal wounds and 4 regulair saves and he died. In the 4th round they finished last 3 wounds on the painboy. I were lucky and were able to deploy them in a tall building in the middle were they had free rain to harrash artilary and in the last desperated turns aided in the shooting to stop the dem boys! Not bad for 75 points!

My Riffledread: "The bodies he puit in the ground made the foundation of who we are today". Just kidding :wink: He took out alot of important targets. With 8 shot 2+ to hit, reroll 1's,  3+ to wound on most things, things tend to die.

My Techpriest: The conversionbeamer is awesome when you shot at stuff from further away than 21 inches and hes a cheap HQ aswell! He didnt get to repair stuff this game as Jakob never shot at my dread and i had to send the razorback after objectives later in the game.

Cons:

My Terminator captain: He were to expensive to only support my 1 squad of terminators for does reroll 1's and if i ever bring 10 deathwing terminators i think i will also bring Belial for rerolling on does 2's aswell. I think i will replace him for a leutenant for my backline instead.

My Razorback: altho 12 s6 shots + stormbolter are impressive for the points, i dont like the 24 inch range. I had to move it most of the game to get into range and then out of range! I think i would rather want another ven dread, maybe one of the new primaris dreads or perhaps a dark talon. I could get the points with the spare points from getting rid of the chapter master and reazorback.

My 5 man tactical: I brough them for the last troop choice, but i had them footslogging after the objective in the right side (there also happen to be a few gretching artillary pieces nearby :wink: ). I could have deployed scouts up to it and started shooting at the artilary from turn one. In the end they didnt do much and died in round 6 when they boys got to them in close combat after they had chewed up my terminators. I will replace these with 5 bolter scouts when i get to it.

The rest of the units in my list performed as expected and i will not change anything there.

All in all, i where of to a great start and did manage to spread his 3 big ork boy squads in all 3 directions after plan but i just didnt have enough firepower to kill enough of them before they either got to my last troops or the last objectives.

units i consider when going to 1200:

- Interceptors to support forward harrashment along with the deathwing. (both configurations would fit in here dependign on what i play against)

- 5 more stormbolter terminators for the existing squad. A ever juicier Deathwing assualt. Thats potentially 80 stormbolter shots in first round of shooting and i can always split them up afterwards with the strategem for 1 point.

- 5 Hellblasters

- ancient(would properly take barebone cheapest in these smaller point games) for support for hellblaster and devastators

- 1 more plasmacannon for my devastators

Edited by zacret

Great termie Zacret ! Excellent addition to your squad.

Every time I look on the deathwng termies I think that their heads are smaller than the ones from normal SM termies, wolf guard or even the ones from DV set. But they seem to be the only ones that have side vents.

Thank you Bevult and indeed! I also think there is something slightly of from the normal deathwing terminators and the start box from 6th edition. The sargeants head seemed especielly of!

• 2 weeks later...

After the last game i fast decided on replacing my chapter master for a leutenant. So i made one for thursdays game!

leutenant_01.jpg

I decided on replacing my razorback and chapter master with a leutenant and a dark talon. I had to replace some special weapons options on my troop choices and remove a bolter marine and the armorium cherub from the devastator. This will give my backline abit more support and some more firepower!

• 2 weeks later...

Finished the last terminator today.

deathwing_06.jpg

and that also means that i finished the first deathwing terminator squad (cyclone missle launcher is magnatized)!

deathwing_squad_01.jpg

I havent yet decided on what to paint next but im leaning toward a aggressor or a scout  or maybe my deathwing venerable dreadnought.. or dark talon... GAH! :biggrin.:

Edited by zacret

• 1 month later...

One of my current favorite units in my army at the moment and i currently have 2 units of 3 at 1250 points. I giggle like a schoolgirl everytime i shot with them as they put out some serious dakka. First game with them, the first time they shot a unit of 3 put 18 wounds of some toughness 4 demon hounds in one round of shooting with the buffs of a leutenant. After the game i immediately picked up another box on the way out of the club (we have a shop in the club aswell).

They are suprisingly flexible as they can advance and shot without negative modifiers. They makes them fairly fast for infantry and also from the whole range, this is properly also my favorite unit aestheticly.

aggressor_01.jpg

I tried something new with the power armor this time. I only gave it one highlight and i darkened parts of the armour with black wash. I wanted to try and make the highlights look more natural. I might go in again and give it another highlight on a few selected places, but all in all im very happy with the look. Its a much darker dark angel!

Im gonna try it out on a hellblaster next to see if it holds up on small models aswell. The hellblaster also have much fewer details so i will properly try and extra highlight on that first.

Edited by zacret

hellblaster_01.jpg

Feeling very inspired with the new simpler power armor scheme i finished this guy in record time (only 3 days haha!). Im gonan put on decals when i finish the whole squad (The starter box hellblasters) and will properly try and spice up the next few guys with the dark angel accessories.

The squad is growing! Another starterpack hellblaster, actually the same model as the previous but i added a purity scroll and a relic and changed his head. Next up is the sargeant!

hellblaster_04.jpg

hellblaster_03.jpg

The growing squad. Really cant wait to get soem decals on them, but really want to wait til the whole squad is done..

hellblaster_02.jpg

Hi Zacret!

I've started following this thread here. Lovely DA you have.

Is that weathering powder you have on the base and on their boots there? May I ask what product you use? I'm working with a similar basing scheme on a side project!

Sargeant done! 

hellblaster_05.jpg

hellblaster_06.jpg

Group shot of the hellblaster squad so far. I had them out for a spin last week and they performed great when they did have a good target to shoot at ;)

hellblasters_07.jpg

I think i might trucker on and paint the remaining last two before finishing the first agressor squad. I am also in the progress on putting togeather a redempter dread and im very exited on trying it out. I doubt it can perform as well as my venerable riffle dreads in taking down tough targets from range, but i think it might perform more roles in the end that the stationary riffle dreads.