Zacrets unforgiven

zacret

• 2 weeks later...

Looks awesome! The robed body looks really cool.

I don't think it *needs* the shading. The addition of the transfers will definitely will help finish it off.

In saying that more contrast is generally never a bad thing. You could easily do some glazes in the shadows with Nuln Oil and Lahmian Medium. If you were going to do this I would recommend doing it over the tranfers (particularly the large DA symbol) to help them look a part of the banner rather than stuck on.

Max

• 3 weeks later...

The incepters were my favorite models when the primaris came out. Despite this i never put them togeather  as i prioritised other models like hellblasters, aggressors etc. However with the arrival of shadowspear with the new leitenant and warlord trait, i just couldnt resist anymore and after a few test games im sold. The combo gives me what my army have always been lacking, long reach and alot of hard hitting shots.

incepter_01.jpg

incepter_02.jpg

1st one down, 2 more to go for starters. I also have the 3 assault bolters from the starter set. I magnatized the arms so i can switch them up with assault bolters and run a 5 min or 2 X 3 man squad.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

@darkrage thanks man! Really appreciate it!

@fiercebear i believe its this one https://www.amazon.co.uk/Besting-Foldable-Photography-Portable-Smartphone/dp/B0782S48JG/ref=sr_1_55_sspa?keywords=light+box&qid=1557074066&s=gateway&sr=8-55-spons&psc=1 . Its a really cheap light box of amazon.

@stobz this one is for you!

Tactical sargeant with magnatized hands. I have so far painted combi plasma, auspex and bare hand :biggrin.:

tactical_sargeant_02.jpg

tactical_sargeant_03.jpg

First time painting eyes in years... :whistling:

Edited by zacret

• 1 year later...

Hello brothers!

9th edition is here and i found my mojo again!

Im currently working on getting a combat patrol ready to play in one of the the local club events.

IMG_20200717_210922_257.jpg

I tried adding battle damage to the new marines, so it doesn't look like the came directly out of the forges of mars :biggrin.:

I also updated the plasma effects. I was never really super happy with the old effect and followed a tutorial from MWG on Youtube. I think it looks much better and quickly redid the other hellblasters

IMG_20200715_215629_324.jpg

Im now working on the finishing the first intercessor squad.

IMG_20200727_083559_912.jpg

Heres a video on the model from my instantgram profile so you can see the colors better. My photoes tend to have the colors muted for some reason.. maybe over exposure to light?

https://www.instagram.com/p/CDHi79UHCEQ/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Edited by zacret

You've done an amazing job.

Thank you brother!

Speaking of brothers, here is another one joining the ranks of the unforgiving.

IMG_20200804_211919_070.jpg

I been practicing battle damage more. I am still a long way from super realistic, but i feel like i am getting better. Here is a picture of the helmet before i finished the metal highlights.

IMG_20200803_231541_919.jpg

Now on to the sergeant!

Edited by zacret

• 2 weeks later...