+And Smite They Shall+ The Emperor's Reavers descend

Dagoth Ur

6aOxSAF.jpg?1

+++++++

Gods created their angels not to dispense peace upon the meek, but to bring death to creation's teratisms

Gods created their angels not to sit and defend the hearth, but to visit bloody vengeance upon oathbreakers

We were created in the image of those very beings by our beloved Emperor

Why should we be any different?

The Proclamation of the Sanguine Twillight

+++++++

>>>>Accessing File 3384772-81<<<<

>>>>Please stand by<<<<

>>>>Access granted<<<<

>>>>Unspooling telemetric datastorage<<<<

CHAPTER: The Emperor's Reavers

HOMEWORLD: Polybius(Recruitment Planet) & Kula(Main Vessel)

CODEX ADHERENCE: Divergent in extremis

EMBLEM: The Gauntlet Argentum

LIVERY: Bisected, aquatic green & dark lilac

FOUNDING: 3rd (Officially)

PRIMOGENITOR: Ferrus Manus (Allegedly)

E7kQZwa.jpg?1

+++++++

-Lord Inquisitor Colmar, I bring you the geno-screening results. The process has been repeated thrice, as per your request-

-Very well, you have my thanks. The results?-

-Yes of course. The Emperor's Reaver's geneseed is derived from the line of Ferrus Manus and has deteriorated little. The acceptance of mechanic augmentation is formidable and the displayed zeal and contempt for 'lesser mortals' is comparable to those of the Iron Hands and Brazen Claws. However, divergent strains have been discovered-

-Divergent strains, genetrix?-

-Yes lord. Not so much impurities, but rather underlying strains of genic material that I was able to discover by manually dissecting and analyzing the material you have provided me with instead of feeding it to the machines. The resulting markers point to the Raiders of Dusk and the Children of the Night, both of Terran stock-

-What conclusion do you draw from this?-

-There are two distinct possibilities, lord Colmar. Either, I have made a severe mistake in my analysis and accused an ancient and respected chapter of not only muddied blood, but tainted one too-

-Or?-

-Somebody has manipulated technology and records for millenia in order to hide geno-heresy. I believe later to be the truth, my lord. Who sanctioned and supervised the creation of this chapter?-

-Two seals are imprinted upon their chapter history and data-troves. One belongs to a now dissolved coven of genetors that had been put in place by the High Lords-

-The other?-

-The Sigillite-

+++++++

jdBQu9h.jpg?1

+++++++

Why is it, that the sons bear their fathers' taints? Why is it, that sin is passed down by blood? Why is it, that where once a rotten apple has grown, ne'r a sweet and healthy one will do so again? If corruption can be passed down, then why not virtue too? How can corruption sprout from virtue, but virtue not from corruption? Is it not the son that understands his father's sins the best? Is it not he that has the greatest reason of all to aspire towards greatness: redemption?

I say, it is not blood that taints the sons of lesser fathers, it is the minds of zealots and mongrels. I say, let a phoenix arise from ashes, for the deepest darkness is still cast by the greatest fire. I say, let Dracul's heir strive towards light, for at least he may immolate himself in his gambit for redemption.

Greatness and, indeed, purity can be wrested from darkness.

If a chance is given, that is.

Al'Amir, Pre-Imperial Philosopher, early m3

+++++++

vWyM9Sr.jpg?1

+++++++

Polybius, the frozen jewel of the Segmentum Obscuros. Situated close to the galactic north, a scant few lightyears away from the eternal void, lies the home-world of the Emperor's Reavers. Where Fenris is trapped in an eternal cycle of furious ice and roiling summer's heat, Polybius is a sphere of eternal, silent glaciers so clear, that one can, at times, see miles below oneself. Several great hive-cities dot the landscape, all isolated for decades at times, save for the few traders and smugglers that operate in the ever-hungry wastes.

Considering the mineral wealth of Polybius, it is not surprising that the Mechanicus had taken great interest in the planet in millenias past. One hive, a decrepit thing destroyed by glacial shifts, had been given to refugee-priests of forgeworld Shyngar, which had been destroyed somewhen in m33 due to massed orkoid attacks. The chapter allows the since then estabilished coven to practice their faith upon Polybius and mine as much material as needed, provided they use their knowledge and mastery of the iron arts to supply the chapter with a rich variety of weapons, tanks and armours.

Apart from this hive, aptly named the Cauldron due the seas of boiling water that had formed around it, the chapter recruits exclusively from the various gangs that have formed in the underbellies of the various mega-cities, much like how the Imperial Fists prefer certain hardied stocks when drawing new blood from Necromunda.

+++++++

6s2dr1p.jpg?1

+++++++

The Emperor's Reavers place little emphasize on personal valour and honour while recruiting from the local gangs. Instead, they search for small groups of individuals, preferably between five and ten in number, which are then collectively subjected to trials of skill, strength and knowledge. It is their aim to create a pool of recruits that already shows an affinity for working together and in tight, gang-like unity; such qualities are desired amongst the Adeptus Astartes, especially chapters that focus on Zone Mortalis and boarding actions, such as the Emperor's Reavers.

Armed with sword, axes, and simple stub-pistols, the recruits are sent into the lowest underbellies in search of hidden caches of bolt-shells. Each recruit is to bring one to his future lords. Those who fail, who fall to treason or to the eldritch fauna within the cavernous halls of ice, are left there to rot, their arms and clothes scavenged by their fellow men to ensure better survival.

Polybius is a hard world and it breeds cutthroats, corsairs and drug-frenzied berzerks alike.

The Reavers welcome all with open arms.

+++++++

RmEM9VR.jpg?1

+++++++

The chapter cares little for the structures laid out by the codex astartes and has faced critique time and time again from both the Imperial Fists and the genealogy of Guillaume. It was during m39 that the Genesis chapter and the Emperor's Reavers had come to blows over an insult that had been voiced by Captain Irilius of the Genesis' second company. Since then, contact has been scarce between the two chapters and the Genesis have been declared unwelcome within the domain of the Reaver's and that no fraternity shall exist between the two chapters, unless Ilius would be willing to settle his differences in a duel.

The nine companies of the Emperor's Reavers are expected to function as independently as possible, thus recruiting and providing independently of each other. The chapter master, called Imperial Commander, presides over the company he had led before his election; it is Imperial Commander Ivan that leads the chapter at the helm of the fourth company. Each company has an own cadre of veterans and is expected to keep its suits of terminator armour in battle-ready condition. During the efforts of the Indomitus Crusade, lord Guillaume has brought the knowledge of Primaris creation to the Reavers. What conversations had been held between Ivan and the lord commander were not recorded, but both parties had parted in surprisingly amicable mood.

+++++++

F8mTWqY.jpg?1

+++++++

Indeed, the integration of Primaris Astartes has occurred seamlessly and without the creation of new companies or philosophical strife. Much of the armoury that lord Guillaume had provided, however, had been traded with other chapters or heavily modified in order to fit the Emperor's Reavers modus operandi better. The bolt-rifles have been replaced with the RT-B01 subtype Umbra-pattern bolter, a weapon very common amongst chapters that fight within tight confines as its compact size, decreased weight and high fire-rate have proven to be invaluable in such circumstances, even if it requires more maintenance and is more prone to jamming.

Each primaris is equipped with slightly modified mark X armour, usually modifications apply to shoulders and helmets, a bolter and a close combat weapon, be that a knife, machete or power-swords in the case of the chapter's Reaver equivalent, the Bukavac. Indeed, primaris Reavers and Intercessors have been blended together in purpose, as the stripped down mark X armour that Reavers usually employ has proven to be too unstable in boarding actions. Inceptors do not feature within the chapter, for all companies have abandoned such equipment in favour of more common assault formations and tactics. Aggressors, and indeed Gravis armour, are still a heavily discussed topic within each company's strategium, as some argue that with modifications, such units could prove much valuable to the chapter's tactics, while other argue that the material invested in the production of gravis suits should rather be invested in tactical dreadnought armour.

+++++++

Edited by The Observer

While there are typos in the text (I wrote this at 3am last night, not one of my smarter decisions), "Guillaume" is not one of them as it is indeed how Roboute's last name is spelled in German publications of GWs material. I choose "Guillaume" instead of "Guilliman", because I find the later an eyesore of a word, weird to pronounce and it resembles the german word for "Sewer man" (Gullimann).

Alright, the Primaris is nearly finished (Just missing the white dots on the eyelenses, the purity seal, some details on the gun and the pouches and holsters). Please excuse the blur on some of the pictures, I took them in a hurry.

FQ9xJrV.jpg?1

8RtSYP7.jpg?1
(This one is particularly bad...)
BY3mzPx.jpg?1

c9Byu6h.jpg?1

EuokBtU.jpg?1

As some can already guess, the scheme is quite inspired by Shadespyre's own thread about his rogue trader army. I've always wanted to do something more Rogue Trader-esque but with modern miniatures and I think Primaris are a good starting point for this. Now, there won't be only Primaris in this thread, in fact my main is to make them a smaller part of this army, much like with my carcharodons. As you can probably garner from the IA, I am not a big fan of aggressors, reavers and especially inceptors, so there won't be any in this thread. What there will be is my own take on reavers, which will consist of regular Intercessor torsos, legs , shoulders and heads, but with reaver arms and regular bolters.

Inceptors I see no way of salvaging, and truthfully I do not care for the concept. The Aggressors, and gravis armour by extension, I actually find an interesting idea, but the execution is kinda naff to me, so I'll maybe try to salvage them, or maybe I'll just stick to good ol' terminator armour. The bolt-rifles I find to be way to big for Primaris, which is why I'll usually replace them with regular bolters. The army is not really intended for playing purposes, but as a modelling endeavour, which is why sometimes you'll see illegal builds (I got a sternguard box and a rogue trader style heavy plasma gun lying around...). I'm also trying to remove them a bit from modern day astartes in certain areas of the fluff; i.e. their recruits are not heroes or virtuous individuals, but gang-kids and criminals (Rogue Trader space marines, I believe, where drug-crazed criminals pressed into service).

Anyways, that is all. C&C is, as always, very much welcome! Have a nice day :)

I prefer Guillaume over Guilliman too. It feels more proper and when I started 40k in 2nd Edition I always had a french man with a moustache in mind when I read about Guilliman. The blond roman guy is not Canon in my minds eye^^.

Obsi, you did a great job here. Seldom do I read lengthy walls of text through but you writing always catches my total attention. You should write something for me too[hehe]

The painting is as usual top with waethering out of this world. However, I am not fan of the scheme, but I think seeing more of your guys, I may be converted

Please excuse the blur on some of the pictures, I took them in a hurry.

And here I was thinking this was more special effects. :)

I like the color scheme and you've done a marvelous job on the chapter symbol. Purple and green are my favorite colors. I also appreciate the desire to just do something because it seems interesting and you want to explore ideas. I'm doing much the same with my AL.

Play on good sir!

>>>>Accessing File 3384772-82<<<<

>>>>Please stand by<<<<

>>>>Access granted<<<<

>>>>Unspooling telemetric datastorage<<<<

MN9ZWzY.jpg?1

Depicted: Veteran Ivica, Veteran-Squad III "Ironclad", 4th Company, Polybean descent, 327 years of service

Brutality in battle is our hallmark, the freshly torn and burst corpses of our enemies our telltale sign. We reave a bloody toll across the stars, amongst rebels, traitors and xenos alike. True, we might not be the battle-kings that the Ultramarines are, nor the staunch and disciplined Imperial Fists. We certainly are not the philosophers that the Angels of Blood are, nor quite the artisans that the Salamanders are. However, we are every bit the iron and unbreakable machines that our forefathers, the Iron Hands are, even if we have become distant in character over the past millenia. Where they are dour and cold, we are hot-blooded and passionate. Perhaps we owe this to the diametrical reflection that our two worlds are. Where Medusa is an amalgam of volcanic fire and frozen mountains, an evershifting landscape that demands a patient, observant eye, Polybius is a world of eternal stasis completely devoid of movement, and thus demands a wild, hot spirit to survive.

c0eUWaa.jpg?1

Some compare us to the Brazen Claws, even to the Flesh Tearers, and while we just might try and aspire to their potentials for carnage, we are not the savages that they are. We break and burn, we destroy and raid, yes, but we have never lost control. We know the urges of a drugged, amped mind; we know the roar of adrenaline in our veins and the tunnel vision it brings, and yet we hold our own reins. Much of this is owned to our Opsequari-corps, our brethren that stand apart as judges and confidants at the same time. The Emperor's Reavers are recruited from mankind's gutters, yes, we all share our past as murderers, thieves, cuthroats and much, much worse. Our past is scrubbed not from our brains, I still remember every bit of that ultra-violence and its horrorshow glee that I had commited. However, the Chapter and the Emperor have granted me the chance to harness this madness of the mind, these most cruel of desires, and turn them against those that truly deserve such punishment.

PFfwDOI.jpg?1

At night, the skies of Polybius turn pitchblack, save for the small dots of starlight scattered across it like silver shavings on a workbench. It is the auroras, great veils of mint-green and lilac, that had captured our ancestors eyes and made them recognize our potential. We may be criminals, eternally doomed in the eyes of our God-Emperor for the crimes we have committed against his subjects in our infancy, but ascension to the hallowed ranks of His angels gives us one last chance for redemption and attonement. We still murder and pillage, we will always indulge our desire for ultra-violence, for we know nothing else. We know not how to protect, only how to destroy. Now, however, we turn against those that are not of our ilk.

Thus we reave across the stars and visit this gift of ours upon all that deserve His vengeance.

-------------------------------------

Today I have a small WiP picture of my first Mark III marine for this chapter :) He is still lacking a few pouches, grenades and perhaps a close combat weapon, but that'll come soon enough.

@MikhalLeNoir: Glad we are on the same wavelength on this one mate ;) I am very glad that you enjoyed the text and the weathering, it is always a pleasure to hear from you! I also fully understand that the paintscheme is not to everybodies liking, that is just a part of Rogue Trader madness I believe. I hope you'll still stick around and give it a try once in a while :) Also, that writing thing you mentioned, I am truly flattered, maybe drop me a pm if you have anything specific in mind....:whistling:

@Pearson73: Thanks mate! The mud was indeed a load of fun to do.

@Honda: Cease thine jests Templar, my sideplates might soon burst asunder! Thank you for your kind words, it is great to see such encouragement in this community.

@Magos Kasen: Thank you very much! In fact, your WiP thread has been one of my main inspirations for the greenish hue of the livery.

@Spaced Hulk: Thank you kindly, I have quite a few things lined up. Even two Deimos Rhinos on the way from FW :)

Again, thanks to everyone for the encouraging responses; visiting this site is always such a joy!

This small update is all for today; I believe I will get to airbrush Ivica tommorrow, so you might even see some basecoated pictures. C&C is, as always, very much welcome and appreciated! Have a nice day.

Super cool chapter you've created! I really like their backstory, the unknown factors that surround them are really interesting! Have you considered adding links to all your different threads in your signature? You've got so many awesome threads it'd be great to keep track of that way. Looking forward to seeing more!

• 3 weeks later...

The Fall of Astul IV

Governess Saräe, third of her name and ruler over Astul IV, has failed to pay the imperial tithe and to put down the rebellion plaguing her world.

We have tolerated this for far to long, especially considering that Saräe has apparently joined and furthered the rebels' cause.

We decree that a taskforce of the Emperor's Reavers be sent out and punish the inhabitants of Astul IV.

We decree that the traitorious governess be forced to watch her world burn as punishment for her insolence.

The Emperor tolerates no failure and neither will we.

Decree of Razing, ca. m41

Mv1EuLg.jpg?1

Depicted: Veteran Petyr, Veteran-Squad III "Ironclad", 4th Company, Polybean descent, 247 years of service

Astul IV had once been a world of golden grain-fields and crystal mountains, dotted with smaller hives every so often. It had been a truly prosperous world that managed to feed dozens; in many ways, life had been optimal for the farm-lords of Astul IV and they enjoyed freedoms and luxuries of which other imperial citizens could only dream of. However, it had been just such men and women, rich and well fed, that had developed a taste for more. Why should they pay taxes? Why should they obey to some nebulous organization such as the Administratum? What had they ever done for them? Indeed, what had the Emperor ever done for them?

Saräe had known her people's desires and wishes. At first, she had ignored them, even put them down with the help of the Arbites. Slowly, however, the words and paroles had truly reached her heart and mind. With time, she too wanted liberty; freedom from this opressive machine of taxation and demands. So she decided to refuse the Emperor what was rightfully his. Taxes that might have funded essential wars and conflicts had been used to fuel a growing army, and perhaps even a warp capable vessel.

Then the devils in icy green and lilac appeared above their heads; a silver gauntlet emblazoned upon their ships.

Punishment had come.

PDSxVKY.jpg?1

Depicted: Veteran Saša, Veteran-Squad III "Ironclad", 4th Company, Polybean descent, 198 years of service

Now, Astul's fields were set ablaze. Dark fire, hellfire spiralled towards the ash-choked skies and stars of ceramite and steel rained from the heavens. Wrathful things of iron and rage were born by those pods; things that spread across the hives and fields in search of prey. Whole hab-blocks were put to the torch and barred from the outside. The sub-hives were flooded with acidic gases, the cries of the militia echoed through the hives' metal skeletons.

Saräe observed the transpiring events from her spire and shook her head. What had she thought they all could accomplish? Then again, nobody had ever seen the Emperor's angels outside of books and prayers; how could such things be real? They had come for her. She knew, Saräe had received the Senate's decree. They wanted her to watch her inheritance burn, and burn it did.

The militia had been no challenge for the Astartes; they were little more than farmers armed with cheap sluggers. The angels conducted their war slow and methodically. People were rounded up, publically executed, flayed or worse and then left for all to see. Saräe's courtyard was filled with the broken, yet still mewling and begging bodies of the crucified. These were no angels, but beasts.

bNK2CW4.jpg?1

Depicted: Veteran Veljko, Veteran-Squad III "Ironclad", 4th Company, Polybean descent, 263 years of service

Saräe was aware of their presence before she saw them. The thrum of their plate made her teeth and eyes ache. The sound of grinding gears and the snarl of servos echoed across the spire's halls, sounds of predators drawing ever closer. Shots thundered beyond Saräe's chamber doors, the orange-yellow flash of bolt-ignition lit up each crevice that marked the wood. The governess clutched her las-pistol, ready to sell her blood dearly, but the reek of ozone caught her off-guard.

The roar of displaced air and hyper-heated gases heralded a lance of plasma; the door burst apart and the opposing wall was rendered to slag and half-molten glass. Four of the angels entered the chamber, all clad in green and violet plate, and one of them shouldered the massive plasma-cannon that had torn their way free. One of them, bearing a snarling helmet and with chains draped around one shoulder, spoke with a thundering voice.

"Governess Saräe"

The orange of his lenses seemed like demonic coal-eyes in the light of the planetary inferno.

"All debts must eventually be paid. One way or the other."

zQgeZiq.jpg?1

Depicted: Veteran-Sergeant Bojan, Veteran-Squad III "Ironclad", 4th Company, Polybean descent, 486 years of service

Saräe pulled the trigger, but no projectile left the barrel. Instead of hearing the familiar crackle of las-fire, she heard the snapping of bones and the gnashing noise of abused meat. The giant with the snarling helmet stood above her. His iron fingers had crushed her wrist and the pistol's remnants were tossed across the room. He took of his war-mask as he pulled her up to his face.

"The Emperor has nothing left for disobedience" Eyes of inky black stared back at her. The skin was pale and criss-crossed with silver scars "Neither have I."

The giant turned her towards the burning world. Saräae wet herself as he let her dangle through the hole in the wall.

"Behold what your deeds have brought upon you" The Astartes' voice was harsh and had a weird, hard accent "You will watch as we plunder this world and slay the rebels. You will watch as we whip the survivors to death. You will watch as the broken bodies pile up in great, smouldering stacks."

"And what then?" Saräe pressed through her teeth "Will you kill me and bring my silvered skull back to Terra?"

"There are fates worse than death, governess" The giant turned her towards himself again. She felt the cold slither of panic crawl across her back as she beheld his grin "Back on Polybius, the prisoners beg for death rather than life. We deny them both."

--------------------------------------------

Sternguard pics! Those four, along with Ivica, will be my first Sternguard unit for my Emperor's Reavers. I intend to build a small strikeforce centered around sternguard units and terminators, as well as some intercessors and reavers :)

@Bjorn Firewalker: 'Tis a secret for now my friend ;)

@Lephisto: Thanks mate, glad you like it! This should make a small, but juicy force :)

@Pearson73: Surpressed violence is a big theme in this project for me. Imagine having a dog that throws itself against the leash and barks at someone/something you really, really, really do not like. You know it serves you more to hold the leash. You know it is the smart decision. It is still tempting to just let go though. I went for a "honourless" design because of this. Sure, they'll follow an order, but Emperor beware if you give them some wiggle room.

@Vairocanum: Thanks mate! Glad you like them :) Actually, that is a very smart idea...I should look into that....

The Carrion Son's Gift

Already Brother turns against Brother

Not in loyalty but in acceptance

Those born first, those of the Emperor's design

So many of them spit poison against the Secondborn

They fear for their existence, their very legacy

Already those born second scoff at their ancestors

While not weaker in mind, certainly so in body

Yet they all forget, yet they all deny

What right to our existence do we have

When all we are is owed to Him upon the throne?

How can our legacy be threatened when men still sing of us?

Are the likes of Raldoron, Sigismund and Corswain

Not known throughout the Imperium?

Are not epic ballads sung in their name?

So how then, dearest cousins, honoured allies,

How can it be that we must discuss the role of our new brethren?

It is not our purpose to question the Emperor's will

Lord Guillaume bears his Father's blessings

How else could he wield the sword of Fire and Glory?

I say, we cease these petty ramblings and discussions

I say, we open our arms to those that will inherit our order

I say, we shape them into weapons worthy of the Emperor

I say, we wage war

Imperial Commander Ivan, At the Todicean Conclave

vI6pnCA.jpg?1

Depicted: Intercessor Jaromir, Squad II, 4th Company, Polybean descent, 70 years of service

The days of Guillaume's return had been steeped in worry and anxiety. Some doubted the possibility of such a thing; after all, only a select few dreadnoughts spread across the galaxy could even recall a time when the demi-gods had still marched beneath the stars. Some doubted the purity behind this return. We had all heard tales of xenos witches and dark, warp-tainted necromancy. The Emperor's Reavers, as one of the few codex-eschewing chapters, had good reasons to fear Lord Guillaume's return.

As it would turn out, this fear was, at the very least partially, unfounded. Guillaume quickly realised that the fervent idolatry that had surrounded the Codex Astartes had not just solely done good, but had also hampered chapters in certain cases. The Lord Commander expressed admiration for the sons of Polybius and their fierce loyalty to the Emperor's cause.

6cozYDT.jpg?1

Lord Guillaume had not brought a force of Primaris Astartes to aid the Emperor's Reavers, for Cawl had created none. When the primarch had inquired as to why no such force had been created, Cawl had presented him with two issues: Practicality and Authority. Archmagos Cawl had not created Primaris for all Chapters, as there had been no time and certain chapters held a higher ideological value to the Imperium and would thus provide a greater boost to the troops morale. Thus, Cawl had acted by the laws of perceived practicality.

The issue of authority, however, had been a different one. Some chapters' genic material had been locked away by ancient wards and demands. Some could be cracked and overwritten by somebody authorised by a primarch, such as Cawl, and thus chapters like the Minotaurs, Iron Snakes and Sons of Antaneus could receive their share in Primaris brethren. However, some few seals stood above a Primarch's authority and one such seal had been placed on the banks of the Emperor's Reavers.

It had been the Sigillite's own inquisitive eye.

VTVnKMp.jpg?1

Naturally, the Lord Commander grew suspicious and desired answers, but the Imperial Senate could or would, as he suspected it to be the case, not provide any. It was this secrecy that would bring Lord Guillaume to Polybius and into the halls of Imperial Commander Ivan, whom the scrolls of chaptermasters also called the "Stormwrought", where he would finally gain some insight into the things and treaties that had been estabilished even during his time and long after his fall.

Behind hidden doors, far from the ears of Custodians, Ultramarines and Reavers alike, Roboute and Ivan had conversed in the pale light of Polybean auroras. The Lord Commander would come to understand the provenance of the Emperor's Reavers, their connection to his Father's most trusted advisor and the reason for the secrecy surrounding their gene-seed. Ivan made it clear that it was not Ferrus' blood that pumped in his veins, that the Iron Hands' council knew of this and abided by ancient contracts and pacts of support, but he would not reveal his chapter's true provenance.

tjxmIEb.jpg?1

Guillaume was, understandably perhaps, disgusted at first and desired nothing more than to blast the planet and its sons from the Imperial star-chart. However, as Ivan led him through the many halls of the fortress-monastery, the Lord Commander would come to see much of this chapter's history and truly understand how deep their loyalty ran. Roboute had found a chapter that despite its black blood, or perhaps because of it, always strived towards redemption and loyal service. Daubed in gentle shades of cerulean and lilac, Guillaume entertained the thought that perhaps it was not only blood that shaped one's loyalty. After all, some of his own progeny had defected to the traitors cause, yet he himself was still loyal.

Four days passed and Guillaume had made his decision. He would provide the Emperor's Reavers with the technology to create Primaris Astartes, but he would also request that one company be added to his crusade's efforts. Imperial Commander Ivan accepted this offer gladly, and pledged not one but three companies to the Lord Commanders cause, in the hope of proving that even a sinner's son could find redemption.

----------------------------------------------------

Well, first Primaris down! The Intercessors are such a joy to paint and I can't wait to finall do my Reaver conversions :) Painting of the Sternguard is also progressing very nicely and there should be some WiPs before the end of next week.

@Bjorn Firewalker: Thanks mate!

@Chaplain Dosjetka: Thanks mate! While that is still a few weeks away, feast your eyes on the first fully finished Emperor's Reaver ;)

@Vairocanum: Glad you enjoyed the read! Yeah, I think that rebellion is still an underexplored element of Warhammer 40k, as I can imagine that there are a myriad of paths and decisions that lead to rebellion.

Well, that is all for today, hope you liked it! C&C is, as always, much appreciated and welcome! Edited by The Observer

I say, we cease these petty ramblings and discussions[.]

I say, we open our arms to those that will inherit our order[.]

I say, we shape them into weapons worthy of the Emperor[.]

I say, we wage war[.]

These lines are well written, and express logic and practicality the Imperium is in dire need of.

@jeremy1391: Thanks mate! :)

@Bjorn Firewalker: Glad you liked that part mate, I figured that'd be the response of a chapter that devotes itself to the Emperor and his Imperium first, their Chapter second, and their Pride third.

Today I only have a few WiP pics of a Veteran, so you can see how the miniature looks before it is weathered:

b82jxSu.jpg?1

Bt606gP.jpg?1

47L3F3H.jpg?1

Still contemplating the colour for the tabard; I'll probably go with black as I want something neutral.

That is all for today. C&C is, as always, much appreciated and welcome!

Looking terrific! An unusual colour scheme but done in a very sweet way!

I agree about the black, it should be a good choice for the tabard, especially with weathered armour.