That FLG BA/FT Article

Panda_Saurus_Rex

so... it recommends doing the exact opposite of what they were saying made blood angels "broken" when 8th was just dropping... and the exact opposite of what GW recommends?

Just goes to show that nobody really knows how to make BA good...

He's also advocating basically running a regular marine army, BA bring nothing to the force in the example given.

No offense but considering how often they jumped the gun with tactic recommendations and went back on it later on ... I can't really take frontlinegaming seriously about such things anymore.

Better to make your own experiences and read up on what actually worked and what not on forums.

so... it recommends doing the exact opposite of what they were saying made blood angels "broken" when 8th was just dropping... and the exact opposite of what GW recommends?

Just goes to show that nobody really knows how to make BA good...

He's also advocating basically running a regular marine army, BA bring nothing to the force in the example given.

Yea pretty much. I remember in that video how they said they were worried that BA were going to be OP with all the overlapping buffs from characters, and the only BA-specific units he even puts in the list are DC and Seth. 

Ha.

No seriously, that's supposed to be a BA list?

Let me hold my sides in a moment.

Not quite as odious as the 6 Raven+Dante list, but still.

Man, I like frontline, but they keep dropping the ball so damn hard when it comes to BA.

Also the irony in the advice being the exact opposite of what they were "worried" about.

Gotta love that "play-tested for balance".

It's not just Frontline either. The Independent Characters podcast  bought on the guys from Forge the Narrative (I think this is the BoLS podcast) for discussing the more competitive lists for Blood Angels and shockingly enough they brought up Death Company as well.

Like, are these people playing a completely different game from the rest of us? When I think of special units that are straight up good for us right now I think of the Librarian Dreadnought, Sanguinary Priest, maybe Astorath?  I maintain that the Sanguinary Guard probably scale the best with our buffs, but that gets prohibitively expensive.

Edit: Oh, and obviously Corbulo is pretty solid these days too.

It's not just Frontline either. The Independent Characters podcast  bought on the guys from Forge the Narrative (I think this is the BoLS podcast) for discussing the more competitive lists for Blood Angels and shockingly enough they brought up Death Company as well.

Like, are these people playing a completely different game from the rest of us? When I think of special units that are straight up good for us right now I think of the Librarian Dreadnought, Sanguinary Priest, maybe Astorath? I maintain that the Sanguinary Guard probably scale the best with our buffs, but that gets prohibitively expensive.

TBF at least the Forge the Narrative guys acknowledged that BA are in a rough spot right now and not good in a competitive environment. 

Like, are these people playing a completely different game from the rest of us? When I think of special units that are straight up good for us right now I think of the Librarian Dreadnought, Sanguinary Priest, maybe Astorath?  I maintain that the Sanguinary Guard probably scale the best with our buffs, but that gets prohibitively expensive.

Edit: Oh, and obviously Corbulo is pretty solid these days too.

They are playing a completely different game it looks like. The non-competitive non-tournament game. I'm going to take what he has to say into account just like I do with all the great information form this board. I don't play competitively in my area with my friends.

The thing is, I still want a strong tourney-powerful list because it will give options to those who do play competitively as well as makes BA specific units attractive and hopefully fluffy. 

The dude from that FLG article said this:

I love Stormravens and Razorbacks in a BA list, actually! I just prefer infantry armies, often. But yeah, totally those units work.

And I wish I could give details on the BA Dex, but I cannot. All I can say is that it is BAD ASS. IMO, it is going to really please BA players and be quite the force on the table top, and 100% a competitive Dex.

Cool? Or scary because FLG is playtesting the dex?

It's certainly interesting to see his thoughts on the matter, he also acknowledges that youd probably be better with regular marines but he's tried to provide some advise on making BA be at least semi competitive (but still disadvantaged).

A key thing is that the main reason for the scouts is to work as chaff so your important stuff isn't killed by hordes or smite spam. Which is sad. But I can see the reasoning

His reaction is like when a real-estate person tries to up-sell something in Detroit:

Realtor: "The neighborhood is nice and quiet and the floor plan is open"

Buyer: "But it's in Detroit and there's basically no schools or stores"

Realtor: "But you wanted a quiet neighborhood? Did I not give you want you wanted? You should be happy with what I found for you!"

I wouldn't read into his comments on the Dex at all. He'll no doubt say that about any publication that he is testing for GW heh.

I mean, here's hoping. Ad Mech & DG are phenomenal books. Seeing as we're kind of like Death Guard (subfraction that is actually it's own faction) I've got some faith.

I wouldn't read into his comments on the Dex at all. He'll no doubt say that about any publication that he is testing for GW heh.

I mean, here's hoping. Ad Mech & DG are phenomenal books. Seeing as we're kind of like Death Guard (subfraction that is actually it's own faction) I've got some faith.

Our Codex release won't be quite like Death Guard tho considering everything they got is all shiny and new and our Codex will most likely be just the same old but polished into something (hopefully) way better. Significant difference imo. ^^

I suspect we will get primaris upgrade with a BA chainsword on it. And that will be it. I also suspect the same will be said for DA and SW.

In the article he does raise a valid point though, we need a screening unit. Scouts are the only real option without leaving the codex.

Yeah life without a screening unit is hard.

CSM have their Cultists and theoretically we could take an AM or AdMech (with Skitarii) Patrol detachment for some screening but then it wouldn't really be a Space Marine army anymore (then again, Cultists may have the Heretic Astartes keyword but having them in the army takes away from real Astartes army too).

Would be nice to have a BA dedicated unit for that purpose in our Codex tho.

Archived