The Nine Legions - ETL VII is on!

Dragonlover

The Sorcerer bits are Evil Craft, who may or may not still exist. I need to check that seller on eBay I found.

Fire Raptors are fine provided you can get the sides as true as possible. After that everything else is a doddle.

Dragonlover

I like the sorceror - really different look and I like the dynamism of the pose.

What are you going to do next with Daemon prince? I would like to see that coming together.

Yeah, I think Evil Craft is no more... they haven't updated their website or FB page in well over a year, shortly after the Sorcerer was released. It's a pity too, their bits and models are really nice.

Edit: Just checked, their website is gone. Yeah, they're out of business.

Edited by DuskRaider

The Daemon Prince needs scales added to the rest of the body. I'm also sculpting trim onto the armour plates to further adjust the silhouette of the base model. I then need to add arms, which will probably just be the talons from the normal DP kit but something more interesting might show up.

Sucks about Evil Craft, cause it's really nice stuff and would have been really handy to have more for this project. Ah well.

Dragonlover

Yeah, the normal Deredeo is far too plain to join an army based off DV models, so something had to be done to it.

In other news, the Fire Raptor is finished!

gallery_69371_13826_110694.jpg

The other wing actually did go on fine, and once the wings are on it's a really easy model to finish.

Dragonlover

I do love Fire Raptors, I would love to see one in the Alpha colours :tu: well done for the persistence in the build I a have heard they can be a nightmare!

Any ideas on the base? I find with fliers as it’s such a big one the definitely need something m, though I can only ever think ‘ruins’ myself lol :D

Cheers bud! Yeah obviously this is the second one I've done, and both of them were a pain in different ways. If you ever get one, get the sides as unwarped as possible, otherwise the problems just compound from there.

As to basing... um. Dunno. Something that fits with the Sector Imperialis bases I've been using, but doesn't interfere too much with line of sight for everything else on the board. Don't they do a large base kit in that range with some scatter in it or am I misremembering?

Dragonlover

Didn’t even think about line of sight :D :D :D can just imagine mine bringing its own mobile cover :D

I can’t see me getting one as my bro is currently painting one for his 1k Sons and I try to keep my army fairly different from his as it makes for more interesting games when we play each other. That said, those tips may come in handy as I do love the model so never say never!

• 2 months later...

So I grabbed Shadowspear today, and have started building this evening. Lovely models, but not all with the right loadout for my Black Legion list. So far I've only done the Master of Possession (stock) and the Champion, who I've converted:

gallery_69371_14869_18823.jpg

The axe was a doddle, the combiplas was more trouble than it's worth cause I made the rookie mistake of not checking what hands were on what before cutting the one i needed off the model then having to repair it. Also I hate building my own combiplasmas, they never quite line up perfectly.

Dragonlover

• 2 months later...

Well folks, looks like its that time of year again!

I, Dragonlover, hereby vow to paint the following by September 1st 2019:

Chaos Sorcerer with Jump Pack, Force Axe and Plasma Pistol

Chaos Lord with combi-bolter

14 man CSM squad with 2x Flamers, 1 power axe, 1 combiplas

10 man CSM squad with 2x Plasma, 1x combiplas, 1x power axe

10 man CSM squad with 2x Plasma, 1x combiplas, 1x power axe

5 man Havoc squad with 2x missile launcher, 2x lascannon and 1x combi-bolter

3x Obliterators

for a grand total of 1223 points. Success is assured, failure is for mortals, xenos and thinblooods. Let the galaxy burn!

gallery_69371_14869_19278.jpg

gallery_69371_14869_106947.jpg

Gonna get these guys sprayed up, then I'll buy some Retributor Armour while I'm out today so I can get started on the trim. I'm thinking red as the spot colour, nice and traditional, but will probably do the topknots two colours cause I think it looks cool.

Dragonlover