Indomitus Crusade 8/5/18 Expansion! Celestial Lion Inceptor

Kisada

I'm currently gearing up for the 40k narrative event at LVO 2018 and am building up a primaris only Imperial Fist army for my friend to use.

Why Imperial Fists?  My main army is Black Templars and I thought some Fists would be cool and different.

What do I have?  

Dark Imperium

anniversary captian

captain

box of hell blasters

box of reivers

2 redemptors

repulsor

For the event you need lists for point levels 500,750,1000,1250,1500.  They don't have to use the same units, each list can be different.  You will then be teamed up with other players from your faction.

Here's a sample of what I was thinking for 1500

Warlord Trait: Storm of Fire

Capt w power sword

Capt w power fist

Lt

Ancient with Standard of the Emperor Ascendant relic

3x5 intercessor squads with grenade launchers

2x5 hellblasters with the plasma inceinerators

Redemptor with dakka

Redemptor with plasma

6 man Reiver squad, grapnel and CCW load out.

Question:  How has the 8th edition been treating you?  At least at the narrative event my friend will get some use out of the re-roll wounds on buildings lol

Vow update.  Productive weekend.  Blocked in some colors on 5 intercessors, worked on the bases for the army.  Since the army will consist of 3 different chapters I printed some custom decals to hopefully help tie the army together visually along with the bases.  They're not all in squad VII ... its VII to pay respects to the 7th legion from which the chapters in my army come from.  I also made a custom aux grenade launcher using hellblaster bits because I'm not buying a box of intercessors just for that.

KPsqXjC.jpg?1

txG5siV.jpg?2

wQhScuX.jpg?2UkYFl5c.jpg?2

edit: formatted the pictures to make them fit better ... i think ... well at least they look better on my screen lol

Those decals look great. Tried to print some out myself but they look abismal and pretty sure the varnish I used was rubbish too. What products do you use to fix the ink?

I used laserjet decal paper and Testors Decal Bonder Spray.

I tried out the Crimson Fist decal (the one on the bottom of the sheet) but it didn't work well. The dark blue of the CF shoulder pad made the decal too dark to really see.

I tried some of the squad decals on Imperial Fist yellow shoulder pads and those worked fine.

2 intercessor squads and the LT are done ... I need a better picture taking setup ... I'm considering getting the MacroMat by Tablewar.

Anyway, I'm now currently working on primaris ancient, he will be Imperial Fist.  I've also started cleaning up my first 2 Hellblasters who will be Crimson Fists

jkYB3tS.jpg?1

• 5 weeks later...

@anarchistscourge thanks for the compliment

Airbrush stage:

Black primer

White primer zenithal (I'm not convinced this did anything lol)

Kantor blue all over

Macragge blue highlight

Brush stage:

Vallejo game color magic blue edge highlight

Oil wash:

After gloss varnish is dry I pin oil washed them with black.

Scratches started as VGC magic blue with black on top.

But then I thought it didn't look right and tried VGC glacier blue (lighter) with VGC magic on top. But that didn't look good either. So now the scratches are a mix of all 3.

Very nice. Do you use nuln oil for the wash or make one fron black? I use Lhamean medium with nuln oil for wash as I thought just plain nuln oil would look too dark...staring to think that was a mistake lol

I don't think I used nuln oil on these guys, but when I do use bulk oil I use it straight and undiluted.

For these guys I used a black oil paint wash. I wanted the black to only be in the recesses and not tint the paint color at all. Acrylic paint washes (like nuln oil) will tint what you wash and so if you want areas to not be tinted you have to be careful around them. With oil wash you can just put it on and wipe away any over spill or mistakes

I took some oyamaru (very easy to use, re-usable, molding material) and simply made a press mold of the forgeworld Imperial Fist door symbol.

Cool it down, fill it with green stuff, dry, pull it out, trim it, profit!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived