Tzeentch horrific questions

Prometheo567

Hi everyone!

I am planning to start a new army and I was pondering about completing my few tzeentch daemons (around 32 pink horrors, 4 flamers, some heroes and a Changelling) into a proper army. Of course, with a pure chaos daemons army there is the plus of being able to use it both for 40k and AoS, so if possible I would like to have a somewhat playable selection for both games.

I was thinking about purchasing a Start Collecting box and 1-2 boxes of blue/brimstone horrors. I have two questions tho.

a) What is the proper thing to do with the Burning Chariot? I am guessing that I should maybe magnetize it but I wonder whether the Exalted Flamer or the Herald should go on foot and which on the Chariot. Maybe the Flamer is better on the Chariot as a mobile plataform while the Herald goes with the foot-slogging horrors? With the whole screamer star circus gone, are they viable? I seriously dislike using LoC, specially on 1000 or below games so I would like to avoid such.

b) Because the original horrors (the old metal ones) were a complement to my 1k sons army and there were only pink ones back then, they were painted on 1k sons colors. That is, black undercoat, dark blue base with medium blue highlights and golden complements. They really look great beside my rubrics. But the coming of Wrath of Magnus spelled a problem for me. Should I repaint my horrors? I was thinking on painting the blue horrors as a blue/light blue scheme, and the brimstones as a very light blue/white scheme. I really like the whole blue/golden scheme and I used them for my Chaos Warriors back in the day and I would like to work on that. Do you think that color scheme would be confusing? I think that the different size and the tonality difference could be enough but maybe I'm wrong. According to some people Brimstone Horrors are more or less essential nowadays in order to be competitive.

TLDR: What should I build my Burning Chariot as? Would you accept a dark blue - light blue - whitish blue scheme for horrors as opposed to the usual pink - blue - firey thing?

Thank you very much for reading

The most common Horror squad from my understanding is 1 blue and 9 brimstones.  It's cheap but still gives you a 1 MW smite.

I wouldn't repaint your existing horrors, and would use them as the single blue leading brimstones.  It's a shame to ruin a good paint job.

I can't comment on pink horrors because I haven't tried them yet myself.

I'm being careful with horrors, since I feel we'll get more reason to run pinks when the Codex comes out. In AOS pinks are definitely very strong because they're the only horrors who are wizards, so if you're doubling up as I do you'll want pinks there.

I lean against the chariot for a herald because I don't want them near melee, I think discs are a better deal. Still, they are pretty fighty and fan hide. Exalted flamers on chariots I think are fantastic and terrifying.

Wonderful.  Thank you both.

Would you be ok then with an army using a blue-color-graded horror classification instead of pink-blue-yellow then? There's also the size of the minis themselves.

I guess it's Flamer on a Chariot and Herald riding a Screamer (lore-wise disks of Tzeentch are a mutation of screamers).