New Edition, New Codex, New Army - Voss Prime

ruralguardhipcat

With the robots finished, that's all the Voss Prime models complete. Some group shots below. Overall, I'm really happy with how these have turned out and thank you to everyone here for their support / advice / ideas. I've got some non-Mechanicus to work on now - for my Imperial Guard and Salamanders - so no more Mechanicus for a little while, but it's tempting to add some more models and get this up to a standalone force...

gallery_87756_13784_26039.jpg

gallery_87756_13784_72583.jpg

gallery_87756_13784_67691.jpg

• 2 months later...

Just to bring this thread back to life because ...

... I've picked up another Start Collecting Box and set of Kastelan Robots.  They're in a painting queue with some Primaris marines for my Salamanders, but reinforcements should start appearing here soon!

Should take this to a credible 1,500 point force with a Battalion and Spearhead detachment (and plenty of powerful guns).

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for all the supportive comments!

The Vanguard squad is done [my 2nd Vanguard unit, to go along with the one unit of Rangers, giving me the three Troops choices needed for the Battalion detachment]. Moving onto my 2nd Techpriest Dominus next [who I've assembled with the alternative head and weapons to my first]

gallery_87756_13784_767164.jpg

The Tech-priest Dominus and Datasmith both now complete: the new models are on the right, the three characters from the first batch last year on the left for comparison. For the Dominus, I swapped round the colour of the robes [yellow, with red trim] and for the Datasmith, I've used a grey, which matches that on the Kastelan Robots I painted last year and I'll be painting next.

gallery_87756_13784_127866.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

I followed your link from the Ad mech colour schemes thread, I'm really glad I did. This force is beautiful! I especially love the crispness of the colors.

If you don't mind me asking, what did you do for the Arc rifles to achieve that blue?

Keep up the good work, and consider this another vote for the sicarians to feature soon!

I followed your link from the Ad mech colour schemes thread, I'm really glad I did. This force is beautiful! I especially love the crispness of the colors.

If you don't mind me asking, what did you do for the Arc rifles to achieve that blue?

Keep up the good work, and consider this another vote for the sicarians to feature soon!

Thanks.  It's a base of Macracge Blue, with Altdorf Guard Blue on top of that. Then a fairly generous highlight of Ice Blue [an old colour, which the paint conversion chart suggests is now Lothern Blue e.g. a strong, icy / frozen, blue].

I've always tried to go for clean colours and paints. I think my painting standard is tabletop, sometimes good tabletop, but have always found consistent colours across models and neat painting makes an army 'pop' and tie together.

Good luck with you Mechanicus models! 

Really bold colour scheme choice right here. Cleanly executed as well. Good job brother. Am interested to see how you will approach the stranger admech units like dragoons and kataphrons.

• 3 months later...

Progress has been slow on my Voss Prime force. A combination of real life factors (new job!) and other hobby projects (some Primaris Salamanders) has distracted me, but I've had some time over the last few weeks to complete my second Dunecrawler and second set of Robots. Photos below...

gallery_87756_13784_54852.jpg

gallery_87756_13784_18611.jpg

gallery_87756_13784_81235.jpg

That's all the Ad Mech models I've got (so far!) painted. Hopefully will get a few groups shots soon.

I've got some Custodes to paint next, but would love in time to add some Infiltrators, Dragoons, and Knights.

Scheme really works on the Kastelans.  I'm a bit envious of how bold Voss Prime's colours are in practice, almost wish I'd tried it out when I did my AdMech :)

Archived