Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

1000 pts DG starting army

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

xAggressioNx

xAggressioNx

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 11 posts
+++ New Roster (Warhammer 40,000 8th Edition) [50 PL, 1000pts] +++

++ Battalion Detachment +3CP (Chaos - Death Guard) [50 PL, 1000pts] ++

+ HQ [18 PL, 355pts] +

Daemon Prince of Nurgle [9 PL, 180pts]: Blades of Putrefaction, Malefic talon [10pts], The Suppurating Plate, Wings [1 PL, 24pts]

Typhus [9 PL, 175pts]: Blades of Putrefaction, Miasma of Pestilence

+ Troops [9 PL, 180pts] +

Poxwalkers [3 PL, 60pts]: 10x Poxwalker [60pts]

+ Elites [7 PL, 147pts] +

Helbrute [7 PL, 147pts]: Missile launcher [25pts], Twin lascannon [50pts]

+ Fast Attack [16 PL, 318pts] +

Foetid Bloat-drone [8 PL, 159pts]: Heavy blight launcher [35pts], Plague probe [25pts]

Foetid Bloat-drone [8 PL, 159pts]: Heavy blight launcher [35pts], Plague probe [25pts]

Starting my DG army. What do you think about this? 

Plague Dave

Plague Dave

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 319 posts
  • Faction: Death Guard

A nice start. Good, fast poke with the Drones and Prince while Typhus and his zombies walk up the field, and good support from the Helbrute.

Only issue I see is that Blades of Putrefaction is more or less useless in your army. The ONLY weapons in your list it gives those juicy, bonus mortal wounds to is Typhus'  and the Drones' probes. This power really shines when cast on melee Plague Marine squads, or Blightlord Terminators who are all dishing out lots of Plague Weapon attacks. I don't think Typhus has enough attacks to really make it worthwhile if he were casting it on himself. And it's completely wasted on the Prince (no Plague Weapons). Only getting the +1 to wounds is meh when there are much better options in our psychic powers.

I'd suggest Putrescent Vitality on your Prince to turn him into an even scarier beast, and Plague Wind on Typhus to make him more of a mortal wound generator.

• xAggressioNx likes this
~ Plague Dave

Call of Chaos MKIV

xAggressioNx

xAggressioNx

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 11 posts

up.

Would be good to hear more opinions 

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users