Can you hear the Call?

Captain Semper

Question; since squads and points are different in 8th, is it possible to paint understrength units? I'd like to fill out a few units. 

The idea is to push people to paint and complete useable units on the tabletop - sort of combining the painting aspect of the hobby with the gaming aspect. Having said that, points do not come into play in CoC... ;)

Woohoo!! Great to see you're back Captain Semper! Just last week I had to think about how many models I only painted because of you and your challenges and the many inspiring ace painters here at the board (IP, Augustus, Forte, Krautscientist, Bro Heinrich, Kierdale, and many others)... I'll definitely take part; count me in :thumbsup:

What models will everyone be vow once Call of Chaos happen?

Right now I'm thinking

• Exalted Champion w/Power Sword
  • Predator w/Autocannon, Heavy Bolter & Combi Bolter
  • Helbrute
  • Helbrute
  • Forgefiend

If understrength unit where allowed.  It just a single Terminator I'm needing get ready for a local event in a few week time due point wargear, model he replace has a Chainfist which I don't have the pts for :(

Nurgle - I'd like to plan & paint that least one of everything that I've current not go.  So Terminators, Character, Plague Marines, Tank, Drones.  Maybe another unit of Deathshroud.  Just want to try get a force them ready before the end of the year & try get a few games.

Most likely Death Guard and Nurgle models. I'm thinking my Plaguebearers, Nurglings and winged Daemon Prince at the very least and I have a box of Blightlords and Typhus coming as well. I already started my Deathshroud, otherwise they'd be vowed as well. Since it goes until December, it gives me a lot of options.

Oh, also Mortarion.

Edited by DuskRaider

Really want to do some Raptors. Bought the conversion parts quite a while ago, and if now is not their time, I don't know when... Same goes for a Hellblade chaos fighter. Also picked up Narik Dreygur on eBay. I really love the model and I think he makes for an awesome lord or exalted champion. I also still have a Heldrake and a Stormeagle in their sprues... Well, let's see.

Yeah, you vow as much as you like then paint it all up. If you fail, the Gods eat you and you get the Mark of the Lost for your sig. For the record, it's a non competitive event.

Here's a link to last years: http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/325847-call-of-chaos-ix/

Dragonlover

I just got my Nostraman Chainglaives in the mail yesterday so I'll be vowing a unit of NL Berzerkers for sure. I'm also going to pick up a tech-priest dominus today to kitbash into a warpsmith.

After a busy summer this will be just the thing to get me to work on my backlog. Now I just need to make sure my reach doesn't exceed my grasp, so I don't receive the gift of spawndom.