Primarch vs knight...?

RoadRunna

Depends on the Primarch too... Seeing as you'll be fighting traitors here are how they stack up when fighting knights (so AV13) on a damage dealing basis.

• Fulgrim: Can only deal damage with a decent rend
  • Perturabo: If he has the hammer watch out, otherwise he's only glancing on 6's
  • Kurze: cannot touch a knight
  • Angron: RUN. He is Initiative 7 and S9 AP2 Armourbane with Hatred. He'll dismantle Knights before they get to strike most of the time
  • Mortarion: Lancer him, as you'll be striking first @I5. He can only glance on 6s too but has Sunder
  • Magnus: S9 AP2 so fairly deadly. But he'll probably blast you with D-Fireballs as you get close...
  • Horus: S10 AP2 and lots of attacks means he's dangerous
  • Lorgar: Can hit a few times a S8 or SMASH for S10 with a re-roll. Both AP2 so mildly scary
  • Alpharius: S6 AP1 Armourbane, so on average a glance against AV13, but if he pens you'll feel it.

The Lancer seems nice with the I buff, but most of the time it's totally useless as the Primarchs are mostly higher than I5 or if not they have an unwieldy weapon.

Thanks for the praise on the breakdown guys - it's astounding what you can achieve when you're avoiding work :ermm:

• 3 months later...
Great, thank you, I figured the atropos might as well be my answer to "why no sicaran venator?". HS slots were already too full. To the original topic, does it do much versus some of the primarchs, or nothing compared to the Lancer?

• 3 weeks later...

The Lancer seems nice with the I buff, but most of the time it's totally useless as the Primarchs are mostly higher than I5 or if not they have an unwieldy weapon.

Thanks for the praise on the breakdown guys - it's astounding what you can achieve when you're avoiding work :ermm:

The Initiave bonus is not huge, although it does allow striking at the same time as hammerless Ferrus, Dorn, Perturabo, Mortarion, and Vulkan.

More importantly, it actually gets a save in melee.