Where to go next?

Damo1701

To quote a childhood movie: the only winning move is not to play.

^_^

That's kind of a joke. In my youth I was elitist enough to decide my Space Marines would not fight against Imperial forces, no matter what. Except in tournaments. Yeah, I was not prepared most of the time :lol:

Just wanted to share.

9x19 : Your insights are awesome, I'll pop you a PM for warfare theorycraft discussion ! :)

2 things to the topic without pissing Race of :

- At Istvan, the RG deployed a ton of armor, used in a wide flanking maneuver. So we're talking Spartans, LR and the other superheavies, but not in a frontline assault.

- Let's be the boring devils advocate here. There is no RG codex nor specific units. The CT and the stratagem give a little flavor to the chapter, but they are still designed to be used as Marines. Which includes tanks!

- Corax used a Titan !

The transitive property is super misleading. Stealth is not about crawling until you are next to the enemy. Stealth is about not being seen. Crawling in bushes is one way to do it, but it's just this.

Distraction is also a big thing of not being seen ! When your enemy is not looking your way, stealth becomes even easier! :D

The Raven Guard is probably the Legion/Chapter with one of the highest understanding of warfare mechanics amongst all Legions, with a clear understanding of :

- Not wasting Human Resources in pointless fights

- Using non detection as a way to increase both survivability and confuse the enemy with unclear actions

Just because they do that, doesn't mean they exclusively do that !

And on the tabletop, deploying a Predator last is a way to be stealthy !

Strike From the Shadows is actually very representative of the Raven Guard method of warfare.

I also think of deep striking jump pack units as not always dropping from the sky. It could just as easily be remaining concealed until they are ready to strike.

Raven Guard utilizes tanks, they just do so differently than other Chapters. You are less likely to see a Raven Guard parking lot, and more likely to see a couple tanks in fire support roles.

Hahah. Thanks Cow :-)

Another example of sneakiness / stealth.

In the new SM codex there is a short blurb about how, at one of the battles, the RG detachment did not only NOT share their battle plans with other allied guard and imperium units, they actually relayed DISINFORMATION to them (their allies) about what they (the RG) were up to, because they feared the Tau had cracked their communications encryption and were listening to their plans.

Again, this version of stealth (subterfuge) has nothing to do with personally hiding in the bushes with camo cloaks. 

Anybody go an idea on how we can counter Grey Knight Mortal Wound spam?

Countering Dreadknight/Imperial Knight combo at the same time would be very beneficial too...

There is only so much that area denial will work for deepstriking GKs when you have to counter everything they kick out at either Mortal wounds or D2...

Psychic fortress on a high wound model is a tool ive used a few times.  This does require some clever positioning to pull off though.

@Claws : The Red Army in WW2. This is not a joke or a popular meme, and not only at a squad level.

Entire divisions were encircled by Germans during the counter offensive just because they were not allowed to tactically retreat.

@Claws : The Red Army in WW2. This is not a joke or a popular meme, and not only at a squad level.

Entire divisions were encircled by Germans during the counter offensive just because they were not allowed to tactically retreat.

And instead of being able to enact a fighting retreat, they lost a ton of ground and men. 

I'd say that didn't work out so good for them. So much so that it is highly unlikely anyone will ever do that again. 

Actually worked out and they conquered Germany :P Lots of deaths though.

If you have a system that refills casualties at a high rate, it's okay to lose many. Orks for example, Conscripts, etc.

Can work with a Tactical Tide at a battle level, not necessarily long run, he he he.

Actually worked out and they conquered Germany :tongue.: Lots of deaths though.

If you have a system that refills casualties at a high rate, it's okay to lose many. Orks for example, Conscripts, etc.

Can work with a Tactical Tide at a battle level, not necessarily long run, he he he.

Yeah, the Red Army pretty much was ​Conscripts. Assuming there is any truth to the quote from ​Enemy at the Gates: ​"Follow the man in front of you, when he dies pick up his gun and fire." 

But that's getting just a bit off topic.