Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Help me build (and buy) my 2000 pts Death Guard list

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

GuitaRasmus

GuitaRasmus

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 394 posts

Hi guys - I could use some input on my list that I've been messing with: 

HQ:

Typhus: 175 pts

Daemon Prince w/ wings 170 pts
Malefic Talons set 10 pts

Elite:

5 x Blight Lord Terminators 38 x 5
Blightlauncher: 15 pts
3 x Combi Plas: 45 pts
4 x Balesword/Bubotic axe 20 pts
Flail of Corruption 10 pts
277 pts

Lobhor the Undying
Hellforged Contemptor 116 pts
Deathclaw 40 pts
Butcher Cannon 45 pts
Combibolter 2 pts
203 pts

Tugral the Unsane
Helbrute 72 pts
Power Scourge 43 pts
Power fist 40 pts
155 pts

Troops:

7 x Plague Marines  133 pts
3 x plasma gun  39 pts
1 x Power fist 12 pts
184 pts

3 x plasma gun  39 pts
1 x Power fist 12 pts
184 pts

2 x Blight Launcher  28 pts
1 x Power fist 12 pts
173 pts

Fast:

Foetid Bloat Drone 99 pts
Flesh Mower/Plague Probe: 12/25 pts
136 pts.

Foetid Bloat Drone 99 pts
Plaguespitters/Plague Probe: 34/25 pts
158 pts.

Heavy:

Defiler  152 pts
Defiler Scourge 12 pts
Reaper auto cannon  15 pts
179 pts

I already have some of the stuff - DP conversion, Defiler conversion, Plaguespitter Bloat Drone, the Contemptor conversion and a Helbrute conversion (I do love me some Daemon Engines smile.png ) I also have a Decimator Conversion with Soul Burner petards (150 pts), which I'm thinking I could switch out the Helbrute with, if I feel like it. 

I'm not particularly competitive-minded, but I'd like an army where I don't just remove my own models - a moderate amount of bite. Any and all suggestions are welcome, both regarding the load out and the units. I'm not hellbound on the units I already have, but I do like the models. smile.png

For those interested, my WIP thread is here: http://www.bolterand...t/#entry4818479

Edited by GuitaRasmus, 26 September 2017 - 06:15 PM.

• Plaguecaster likes this

All my earlier projects (Dark Mechanicus, Death Guard, World Eaters, and much more) can be found HERE

GuitaRasmus

GuitaRasmus

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 394 posts

Is this thing on?

All my earlier projects (Dark Mechanicus, Death Guard, World Eaters, and much more) can be found HERE

Lord Marshal

Lord Marshal

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,188 posts
  • Faction: Imperial Guard

Typhus without Poxwalkers seems a waste to me. That's a big part of why you bring him over a (cheaper) Lord of Contagion. Speaking of which, I think your Plague Marines do need a screen of some sort; Cultists, Poxwalkers, even Blight-haulers. I feel like anti-armour is going to be the main problem here, as well as the lack of support your Plague Marines have.

• Bulwyf likes this

Checkmate77

Checkmate77

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 178 posts
  • Faction: Death Guard

I have to respectfully disagree with Lord Marshal in regards to Typhus,

Yes, he  is great with Pox Walkers, but I think he is still very much worth his points even by himself.

Besides buffing Pox Walkers, he's also a Phsycher and he has a pretty awesome pistol attack as well.   I am assuming GR is planning on Deep Striking Typhus with his Blightlords, not only does he give them the great CC backup a Lord of Contagion does, but he can also provide them Phsychic support (I immediately think of Dark Miasma)

Edited by Checkmate77, 29 September 2017 - 11:36 AM.

GuitaRasmus

GuitaRasmus

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 394 posts

Thanks for the replies. :) 

@ Checkmate - that was exactly my plan. Typhus seems like a great all-round-beatstick, and a psyker to boot, and he's supposed to be right in on the action. The two dreads are lumbering forward along with the plague marines, while the Bloat Drones make a flank attack. The Defiler is just cool, and can function either as a beatstick, firesupport or a distraction-carnifex, being annoyingly hard to kill. The DP is a multi-tool box. 

What do you suggest for anti armour, Lord Marshal? 

• Checkmate77 likes this

misterkho

misterkho

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 161 posts

I'd switch the contemptor for a hellbrute (las and missiles) and with the extra points give all your terminators combi plasma.

Checkmate77

Checkmate77

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 178 posts
  • Faction: Death Guard

@GuitaRasmus.  Great minds think alike, I have a similar set up that I want to try out: 6xBlightLords (4xCombiPlasma, Reaper AC, and Flail / all with Bubonic Axes) + Typhus in support. 

Please post if you have a chance to use them, I'd love to see how this unit performs

Arufel87

Arufel87

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 360 posts
  • Faction: Black Templars
I'm sorry to say but despite looking cool the reaper autocannon really blows. I would put another combi in instead.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users