Spaz's Raptors

Spaz

@Itvyper- I like your view and explanation on weathering/battle damage, thanks for breaking it down like that.

@Race Bannon- I like the concept but have no clue if I can execute it properly. I'll play around with a test model and see what happens. I like the idea of making them look lived in but not beat up.

• 5 months later...

It's been a while but i have updates... My apologies for taking so long.

Tac Squad 1:

gallery_100599_14015_4906.jpg

Tac Squad 2:

gallery_100599_14015_436819.png

Scout squad w/Shot guns:

gallery_100599_14015_706624.png

Commander 2:

gallery_100599_14015_22808.jpg

You said it's been a while since updating, I can sympathise. However, it was worth a wait, they look very good - crisp and clear, and (although this is an odd sentence) your green is nice and smooth. I particularly like the Relic Dread.

OMG. Details on the bases and that Tempest. Makes me Raptor green with envy I don’t have the patience for that level of detail.

Corax would approve :)

Yay, more tempests!!!

Very nice, the painting is cleaner than mine will ever be. A few more pouches couldn't hurt though, to add a bit of detail. And the muted face colours on the scouts really fit, that way the face doesn't stick out like a harlequin does amongst necrons.

Thank you all for the kind words! They are appreciated and any critiques are more than welcome. I'm still very much in the learning phase.

The green had some slightly brighter highlights and deeper shadows but it seems the varnishes have somehow lessened them. Not sure what has caused it or how but at least it's been very consistent, so I'm sticking with the process.

@Race Bannon- I'm not sure if I could get the Spartan done in time, between being a slow painter and having the tendency to bounce between projects makes deadline difficult. I'll try and have it done soon but knowing me, something like a knight might start screaming at me. Lol

@thewarriorhunter- The plants are from Michael's. The ones that make the fern type plays are from the fake home plant section. Cut down in size and then cut to make the folds. Finally they are washed to look more natural. The palm tree type plants are from the aquarium section, then trimmed and washed. Hope this helps.

@MajorNese- I agree on the pouches. The GW ones are too big and don't have the proper fit. I need to see if I can find some alternatives.

Thanks again everyone for all the kind words.

Archived