Spaz's Raptors

Spaz

Thanks guys for all the encouraging words! and for helping me in the process! It was a real fun model to work on and makes me want to get another tank of some kind, however I still have so much to work on.

@Johanhgg- Unfortunately I have yet to find a group or anyone who can really teach me the game. So that won't be possible.

@Cordova- I'll try and take a group shot here in the next couple of days. When I do I'll post it here.

@Race Bannon- Yeah! I figure with the amount of volume of fire those guns put out, they would most definitely leave powder burns.

@WickedApp- Good idea, I may have to just do that.

@NIceGuyAdi- I used the highlight color to simulate light wear on the paint then I used both the earth and mud effects from AK interactive for streaks, and build up along the lower areas. For all the dry dirt build up, I stippled and sprinkled secret weapon pigments dark and green earth. Then sprayed a matt varnish over it all. Finally, secret weapon pigments exhaust black on the powder burn and exhaust areas.

Thanks guys for all the encouraging words! and for helping me in the process! It was a real fun model to work on and makes me want to get another tank of some kind, however I still have so much to work on.

@Johanhgg- Unfortunately I have yet to find a group or anyone who can really teach me the game. So that won't be possible.

That is a shame! I see you're in the Bay Area. Not sure if you've heard of The Independent Characters but they put out a fantastic podcast and are based out of the Bay Area. Everything I hear on their show leads me to believe that they have a pretty active community in that area.

Their website is here: http://theindependentcharacters.com/blog/

And the FB group is here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/theindependentcharacters/

You could probably jump on their page and mention you're in the area and looking to learn/play and have games lined up each weekend for the rest of the year. I am extremely envious of their gaming community. I've had several interactions with the show hosts and they've all been really positive and if I ever find myself up in their area I plan on reaching out for a game.

Tac squad 3 is finished, so far I've kept the Plasma theme, might need to mix it up on the next one...

med_gallery_100599_14015_35635.jpg

I'm going to attempt to grind through all the scouts I have (20), and/or maybe even the vanguard (another 10) before I start working on my leviathan or Interceptor. I'm hoping the reward of working on one large model at a time will help push me through all the troops.

Sorry it took so long but here is that Army Pic I said I'd put up. I apologize for the quality, I had to use my desk and there wasn't enough room. There are also few added units that I was able to finish (more pics to follow) and some missing.

med_gallery_100599_14015_43380.jpg

Thanks guys for all the kind words! You guys are going to make me blush...

@Tyrannicide- The decals are from Chapter Customizer.

Here's the newest Dread:

med_gallery_100599_14015_79037.jpg

and here is the Sternguard squad:

med_gallery_100599_14015_48388.jpg

Time to get back to all those scouts.

@Bjorn Firewalker- Oops! Those last two pics must have been taken before I applied the decals. In the army pic above you can see that they do indeed have the Raptors decals applied. I'm not planing on using any squad or unit symbols, however once everything gets some paint on it I am wanting to add some black trim to the Sergeants shoulders and somewhere on the Dreadnoughts.

I am wanting to add some black trim to the Sergeants shoulders and somewhere on the Dreadnoughts.

Helmet stripes  :yes:

• 4 weeks later...

Another update time... Between being out of town for a few weeks and being distracted by my AdMech I've finally got around to finishing some scouts up. Two more squads with sniper rifles have to be started but I may switch it up and work on a larger piece first either another dreadnought or the interceptor. Not sure.

Scout squad 1

med_gallery_100599_14015_17360.jpg

Scout squad 2

med_gallery_100599_14015_46076.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Archived