Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

First Death Guard list, 100 PL/ 1966 points

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

MyD4rkPassenger

MyD4rkPassenger

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 319 posts
  • Faction: Chaos/Imperium

Greetings all,

I took the plunge on the Death Guard recently and set up a list using some of my other chaos models already.  Please let me know if there is anything major I should tweak, and I might add I play in a relatively casual environment.  I would 100% like to use Mortarion in the list but other than that I'm open to suggestions.

Mortarion

Typhus

Plaguecaster

5 plague marines, 2 plasma guns, 1 powerfist

5 Plague marines, 1 plasma, 1 BL, 1 powerfist

20 Poxwalkers

Helbrute with Lascannons

Spawn

Blight drone with spitters

Las Predator

Defiler with Scourge

Rhino with havoc launcher

gallery_63428_7083_6894.pngX2Nostraman_zpsf4be09e4.png WHTV40kListsHeader Custodes

Wolf Lord Loki

Wolf Lord Loki

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 770 posts
Well from one new plague monkey to another - Hi!!

What sort of tactics did you have in mind for this list i'm guessing its a stand off and shoot type of list?

EDIT- actually i've looked at the list again and i think i might have been wrong about it. The spawn, mortarion, rhino and bloat drone are more 'in you face' tactics.

What about swapping the predator for another rhino and a Blightbringer to speed your poxwalkers up?

Edited by Wolf Lord Loki, 12 November 2017 - 05:44 PM.

Battle Tracker for my White Scars (Swindon 2008): Games this year 5 - Wins 2, Losses 2, Draws 1

Opponents:
Grey Knights 0/ 1/ 0 Imperial Guard 1/ 0/ 0
Eldar - 0/ 1/ 0 Crimson Fists 0/ 0/ 1
Tau 1/ 0/ 0

shakedown47

shakedown47

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 9 posts

That lone spawn is a likely First Blood for your opponent, I'd consider adding one more and making them a unit, which may help them become a bullet magnet for your other units. You could also drop the spawn altogether and grab a second rhino so that both units of PMs can move up the board quickly. As it is, with no deep strikers and a single bloat drone, there isn't much Turn 1 threat for your opponent to deal with and that isn't good for Mortarion.

Lord Marshal

Lord Marshal

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,200 posts
  • Faction: Imperial Guard

Get Plasma Guns onto your Champions if possible (Easy-to-Build DG or the Plague Marine box) just for saturation and see about bumping 'em up to seven. Five in my experience is just few enough to be 'meh' whilst seven is a nice, fluffy number without making the unit too large.  

A solo Spawn is a walking First Blood magnet (as Shake says). If you're attached to the idea of them, add more to make 'em a proper unit but for the points spent on that I think you'd be better off spending them elsewhere. I'd see about swapping them out for another Blight-drone (Plaguespitters or a Fleshmower) if you can make up the points elsewhere. Morty really benefits from having another fast unit along side of him so there's other targets to aim for. 

I'd probably look at a Plagueburst over the Defiler, maybe two in the long-term. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users