Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

The Congregation of Filth- 2000 Point Casual List

- - - - -

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

Evil Eye

Evil Eye

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,180 posts

So this list isn't intended to win tournaments so much as be an excuse to build some awesome looking Death Guard. That said I would like it if it were at least capale of winning friendly games, so please critique as such.

HQ:

Lord Maalesius Guul, Arch-Corruptor of the Congregation of Filth- Lord of Contagion with Manreaper and the Suppurating Plate: 137 points.

Fibrosa the Enfeebled and Ghrottle- Sorcerer with Power Sword: 102 points.

(Note: For those wondering about the name, this model will be represented with a withered Psyker being carried into battle by a Plague Marine, but that has no impact on gameplay, I just thought it would make a cool model concept.)

Khrustates Clubhand, Champion of Decay- Chaos Lord in Terminator Armour with Balesword: 111 points.

Troops:

The Cohort of Corrosion- Plague Marine Squad with 2 extra Plague Marines, a Flail of Corruption and a Blight Launcher, Champion has a Plaguesword: 158 points.

The Blistered Brotherhood- Plague Marine Squad with 2 extra Plague Marines, a Great Plague Cleaver and a Plague Belcher: 158 points.

The Festering Phalanx- Plague Marine Squad with 2 extra Plague Marines and a Plasma Gun, Champion has a Power Fist: 158 points.

Strain #31823 “Laughing Death”- 20 Poxwalkers: 120 points.

Strain #85725 “Orange Fever”- 20 Poxwalkers: 120 points.

Strain #75373 “Crooked Curse”- 20 Poxwalkers: 120 points.

Elites:

Rikketus Polp, Brewmaster- Foul Blightspawn: 77 points.

Leperus Stitchskin, Butcher- Plague Surgeon: 75 points.

The Seven Red Knights- Blightlord Terminators with 2 extra Terminators, Flail of Corruption, Plague Spewer, Bubotic Axe and 5 Baleswords: 340 points.

Fast Attack:

Eye of Nurgle- Greater Blight Drone: 200 points.

Rusteater- Foetid Bloat-Drone with Heavy Blight Launcher: 159 Points.

Marrowgnaw- Foetid Bloat-Drone with Heavy Blight Launcher: 159 points.

Edited by Squigsquasher, 28 September 2017 - 09:01 AM.

ztbmByp.png

I come here to discuss and find out about Warhammer 40,000 with people of every ethnicity, sexuality, country and yes, as sickening as it is, even Eldar players.

"Guns don't kill people, people kill people, but monkeys do too, if they've got a gun." -Inquisitor Edmund Izzardos, on Jokaero.

(Formerly known as Squigsquasher)

raziel69r

raziel69r

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 29 posts
Err. I might be mistaken but I think you have made an error on your poxWalkers! Pretty sure 10 are only 60 points!

Evil Eye

Evil Eye

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,180 posts

Whooops! Those were supposed to be 20-strong, fixed that now.

ztbmByp.png

I come here to discuss and find out about Warhammer 40,000 with people of every ethnicity, sexuality, country and yes, as sickening as it is, even Eldar players.

"Guns don't kill people, people kill people, but monkeys do too, if they've got a gun." -Inquisitor Edmund Izzardos, on Jokaero.

(Formerly known as Squigsquasher)

Checkmate77

Checkmate77

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 178 posts

Love the names of the different units!  gives them more personality.  Also, I don't know about anyone else, but I love the idea behind "Fibrosa the Enfeebled and Ghrottle"  When you have the model ready, would you be willing to share pics?  I think that is just an awesome concept.

I'm assuming you are trying to stay away from named chars, which is why you didn't take Typhus despite the large number of Pox walkers in your army, which I can respect.  They might not be as resilient as they would with him present, but I still see them being effective without him.

I wouldn't give the Blightlords a Plague Spewer.  While I am a huge fan of the weapon on PM, I don't see this being effective on the Blight Lords.  You are coming in at a min of 9" from a target, it doesn't give you a lot of flexibility as to what you could use it on.  I would recommend either a Blight Launcher or Reaper AC.  Also, I would go either with Combi-Melters or Combi-plasma on this unit (keep the flail).  This gives you a little more firepower to handle high toughness opponents.   A personal preference of min is also the Axe over the Sword (I think it's cheaper too but I don't have my codex in front of me).  IMHO, I'd take the higher STR to make the unit more effective against Marine equivalent models.