I, Chaplain Dosjetka, vow on the honour of the Vanquishers to fully paint at least one Battle-Brother from the 3rd "Valiant" Company worth 50 points by Saturday 7th January 2018. I promise to provide at least one "start" picture and a final "vow completed" picture in that time. I vow to bring honour to Dorn and the Emperor by completing my vow and not failing my brothers-in-arms.

For Dorn and the Emperor!

gallery_45765_11678_105882.png

I, Chaplain Dosjetka, vow on the honour of the Vanquishers to fully paint at least one Battle-Brother from the 3rd "Valiant" Company worth 50 points by Saturday 7th January 2018. I promise to provide at least one "start" picture and a final "vow completed" picture in that time. I vow to bring honour to Dorn and the Emperor by completing my vow and not failing my brothers-in-arms.

For Dorn and the Emperor!

:jaw:

I am honoured and humbled.

Cambrius

Cambrius: The pleasure is all mine. :)

Testing out the purple on leg armour. Looks pretty spot on to me.

gallery_45765_11678_184400.png

I feel out of practice but hopefully it won't hamper me too much.

He is looking great, really smooth and highlighted well! I have been woefully low on painting practice so I know the feeling. Purple is surprisingly forgiving though for those untrained in its application. Just remember now that those kneepads should be silver. ;)

Can't wait to see how this one develops as you learn the art of purple and thank you again for painting up one of my Chapters. :D

Cambrius

+ Updated to this point. +

I've just noticed that I didn't fully modify the date in the copy/paste vow and so everyone has Saturday 7th January 2017... :sweat: Ah well!

Anyway, welcome to all new participants! Great to see some older faces mixed in with the newer ones. :tu:

There's also all these extra "u's" in a bunch of the words. Lol

I, Lustrati , vow on the honour of the Astral Knights vow to fully paint at least 1 Tactical Squad of 10 marines from Codex Space Marines 8th Ed, and worth 175pts by Saturday 7th January 2018. I promise to provide at least one "start" picture and a final "vow completed" picture in that time. I vow to bring honour to Dorn and the Emperor by completing my vow and not failing my brothers-in-arms.

Ave Imperator!

So my starting shot, cant get much more start than a shrink wrapped box :biggrin.:

doZN58v.jpg

Edited by Lustrati

As a Soldier of Dorn, I make good my oaths of loyalty to my Primarch and my Legion to answer their summons. I pledge to paint a Legion Delegatus of the VII Legion with a solarite power gauntlet and artificer armor. By the accounting of the Legiones Astartes Age of Darkness Army List, such a vow is worth 100 points. I vow to provide with this at least two pict-captures, one to account for the beginning of my toils and one when my work is done. I pledge my honor, my blade, and my bolter to my Legion, and in this tasking I shall succeed. Failure is unacceptable.

+++

med_gallery_78067_12186_111382.png

[pict-capture: Kazuhira, voted-commander of the Warwrought, 284th Storm Battalion, VII Legion]

+++

Haven't painted or hobbied in months. This is going to be... interesting. Good to get back into the rhythm of things, but it'll be interesting.

Edited by Soldier of Dorn

I, Hellebras, vow on the honour of the Imperial Fists to fully paint at least one Primaris Captain equipped with a plasma pistol and power fist from Codex: Space Marines and the dataslate enclosed with the model, and worth 106 points by Saturday 7th January 2018. I promise to provide at least one "start" picture and a final "vow completed" picture in that time. I vow to bring honour to Dorn and the Emperor by completing my vow and not failing my brothers-in-arms.

Primarch-Progenitor, to your glory and His on Terra!

med_gallery_85913_13807_490914.jpg

If said units to be vowed are primer coated, but in pieces, do they still count for a vow? And also, as I am in the middle of another challenge ATM (Knightfall 2017, ends 31 October), is there a cut-off date for when a vow might be made? I have several units to be assembled and/or painted for my BT Chapter.

I, Thurservor, vow on the honour of Vorpal Swords to fully paint at least: Apothecary, Company Champion, Cataphracti Terminators (x5) and Catapharcti Captain from Codex: Space Marin es, and worth 465 points, by Saturday 7th January 2018. I promise to provide at least one "start" picture and a final "vow completed" picture in that time. I vow to bring honour to Dorn and the Emperor by completing my vow and not failing my brothers-in-arms.

Ave Imperator!

So here it is:

Apothecary Galian primus medicae of 3rd Company 

C3EYXx2.jpg

Company Champion Trojden

yyoIAmu.jpgK3ZtbpY.jpgZ0tg6ZE.jpg

Both are a patchwork of spare bits I had in my boxes with leftovers, but with new edition I actually found them useful.
Anyway as for the Cataphracti, I will post them as soon as those god damned post people will finally bring it, as they are 5 days overdue for now. I decided to post the champion and apothecary now since I need them painted for saturday's game and wanted to have them here before I start. 

I'll edit the post as soon as the mail order arrives.
Edited by Thurservor

Hey i got a question, i have a bunch of add-ins for my crusader squads i need to paint, like a few special weapons and power fists and axes, can i submit them (after my first vow of course) as company vets even though ill be painting them as regular initiates?

Also just realized i forgot to add the ancient to the total points for my vow, i updated it in my post but its 534 total instead

Edited by Marshal van Trapp

Well I am happy to report some progress of Thunderbolt.

I actually managed to find the missing exhaust pipe and attached it to the model, along with adding some extra bits and pieces including one of the CSM searchlights, as it looks much older in style to match the venerable vehicle (after being subsequently cleansed of all taints ;) ) and also added some extra markings from an assortment of bits. Only thing I wish I knew had gone since my move is my Fist icons. Guess I'll just have to paint them.

med_gallery_26154_4148_800953.jpg

med_gallery_26154_4148_1237098.jpg

And now the Thunderbolt is based and ready to be painted into the colours of the Vanquishers.

med_gallery_26154_4148_50949.jpg

med_gallery_26154_4148_134108.jpg

Now to break out the purple... Dorn guide my hands to victory. :D

Cambrius

I, Disruptor_fe404, vow on the honour of the Sentinels to fully paint at least one (1) Tactical Squad with one (1) lascannon & one (1) storm bolter & one (1) chainsword from Codex: Space Marines, and worth 92 points by Saturday 7th January 2018. I promise to provide at least one "start" picture and a final "vow completed" picture in that time. I vow to bring honour to Dorn and the Emperor by completing my vow and not failing my brothers-in-arms.

Ave Imperator!

XdiCB97.jpg

The basecoated backplates are all good from my reading. Still missing a shoulder pad here and there, and probably an arm and a hand (and bases), but this is mostly good to go!

EDIT: Progress updates will be in my WiP thread. I would prefer C&C to be posted there too!

Edited by Disruptor_fe404

I'm slightly changing my vow. I'm going to buy a newer librarian in power armor. My old one is just so small compared to the newer ones. Mine has an Imperial Fist symbol that looks cool, but he just doesn't look right.

Specifically, I'll be adding this guy:

ROxcfqu.jpg

Edited by valhalla130

And here's my before picture:

HvaPZDK.jpg

1xzDBmW.jpg

But first, I'm assembling 5 sniper scouts and a company champion. I think I've finalized the list i want to play, and I have to assemble these, my assault squad, and purchase a Land Raider Crusader.

Edited by valhalla130

I, JAG Templar, vow on the honour of the Black Templars to fully paint at least one Primaris Apothecary from C:SM, and worth 68 points by Saturday 7th January 2018. I promise to provide at least one "start" picture and a final "vow completed" picture in that time. I vow to bring honour to Dorn and the Emperor by completing my vow and not failing my brothers-in-arms.

Ave Imperator!

med_gallery_72111_11908_964662.jpg

The 'victim' in this picture will be replaced with a more suitable Chaos marine - just trying out some stances. No Mercy!

Edited by JAG Templar

I'm away for a few days due to website shenanigans and being busy with the end-of-season work, and we not only have a flurry of new participants/vows and questions but also our first completion! Hurrah!

If said units to be vowed are primer coated, but in pieces, do they still count for a vow? And also, as I am in the middle of another challenge ATM (Knightfall 2017, ends 31 October), is there a cut-off date for when a vow might be made? I have several units to be assembled and/or painted for my BT Chapter.

Yes, that is fine. And no, there is no cut-off date. You can vow something up until the last few minutes of the event. :tu:

Hey i got a question, i have a bunch of add-ins for my crusader squads i need to paint, like a few special weapons and power fists and axes, can i submit them (after my first vow of course) as company vets even though ill be painting them as regular initiates?

Also just realized i forgot to add the ancient to the total points for my vow, i updated it in my post but its 534 total instead

Yes, that's fine. And thanks for updating the points value!

Vow Complete

*snip*

Congratulations, brother! Now, where is that second vow? ;)

Congratulations, brother! Now, where is that second vow? ;)

Was just waiting for you to see i was done ;)

Ahem...

I Marshal van Trapp vow on the honour of the eternal crusader to paint 10 intercessors & 5 hellblasters from the Starter box as well as vanguard veterans with 4 powerfists, 2 power axes, and 1 power sword and company veterans with a veteran sergeant with power sword, 2 veterans with meltagun, and 2 veterans with flamers, from Codex - Adeptus Astartes and totalling 675 points, by Saturday 7th January 2018. I promise to provide at least one "start" picture and a final "vow completed" picture in that time. I vow to bring honour to Dorn and the Emperor by completing my vow and not failing my brothers-in-arms.

No pity! No remorse! No fear!

S7nNp7g.jpg

Note most of those models are primed but some have some color because they were "stripped" but there is still a little color in the cracks, they will be reprimed so dont worry about that

Edited by Marshal van Trapp

I, Sonminiser, vow on the honour of Dorn's Cohort to fully paint at least one five man unit of Hellblasters and one Primaris Lt with a power sword from great Codex Astartes, and worth a total of 239pts by Saturday 7th January 2018. I promise to provide at least one "start" picture and a final "vow completed" picture in that time. I vow to bring honour to Dorn and the Emperor by completing my vow and not failing my brothers-in-arms.

Only in death does duty end!

Photo Oct 08, 12 57 50 AM

Edited by Chaplain Dosjetka
Edited formatting.