So, first blood to the Templars. Can't say I'm surprised. ;)

MvT: Fair point, I am a little slow on the ball lately. :sweat:

Sonminiser: Welcome and good luck with your vow!

+Updated to this point.+

And of course, after pledging librarians, I spend all my time stripping and cleaning 27 marines, then drilling gun barrels out. Also assembling my third librarian, but the little cyber cherub didn't work out. It's attached, but not at the angle I want.

Here's a small update to keep us ticking over.

gallery_26154_4148_45232.jpg

I finally broke out my purple and silver to start basecoating this bad boy. Hopefully I'll have the Thunderbolt finished by the end of the week, just need to find a name strip from my bitz box and a shield to paint the silver fist of the Vanquihsers on too so it looks ideally ancient and revered from the founding of the Chapter.

How are the rest of you all doing, Brothers of Dorn?

Cambrius

In other news, I'm waiting on 32mm bases to arrive so I can continue work on the librarians and my other marines. Ill be working on 3 librarians, so i will need to adjust my pledge, but I've hurt my back and not doing much except laying flat right now.

I look forward to getting back into a groove when I can.

Edit: Also, I just bought a Land Raiders Crusader, so that's the last thing I need to buy for the list i want to play. I'm pretty stoked about that, and from now on, my modeling efforts will go towards getting that list assembled and painted.

Edited by valhalla130

I, Tankus Wokus, vow on the honour of The Crimson Guard to fully paint at least one Relic Sicaran  and one Fire Raptor Gunship from Imperial Armor Index: Forces of the Adeptus Astartes, worth 682 points AND 5x Intercessors & 10x Reivers from Codex Adeptus Astartes Space Marines, worth 300 points totaling 982 points by Saturday 7th January 2018. I promise to provide at least one "start" picture and a final "vow completed" picture in that time. I vow to bring honour to Dorn and the Emperor by completing my vow and not failing my brothers-in-arms.

Ave Imperator!

0KWH3kK.jpg

Edited by Chaplain Dosjetka
Edited formatting.

not outstanding progress so far on my end, but a hell of a lot better than just resin grey!

med_gallery_80339_11624_622078.jpg

Why in the name of Dorn I decided to create a chapter symbol that involved a free-handed circle, i'll never know...

Couple of options ... ever consider making a template?

One way of going about it would be to find/make a circle the size you want out of something like the clear plastic from clamshell packaging. Then whenever you need a circle of that size you trace it on some masking tape. Cut out the circle. Put the tape with the circle where you want. Be sure to tape/cover any other exposed areas that might get overspray. And then just spray that circle (especially good for hard colors like white).

Peel off tape/masking

Profit

I, Brother_Gneecapper, vow on the honour of Sigismund, First Captain of The Black Templar to fully paint at least 1 Contemptor Dreadnought with interchangeable Assault Canon / Multi Melta  from Codex: Space Marines, and worth 165 Points by Saturday 7th January 2018. I promise to provide at least one "start" picture and a final "vow completed" picture in that time. I vow to bring honour to Dorn and the Emperor by completing my vow and not failing my brothers-in-arms.

Below is my WIP photo, I had almost finished the white's when I realized I still had to take a photo for this. So sorry about that, still PLENTY of work to do so hopefully it passes.

Contemptor WIP

Edited by Chaplain Dosjetka
Edited formatting.

Well, the inevitable happened. The cherub on my new librarian, which I really wanted to paint but had trouble attaching broke off tonight. So it's off for good. Not even gonna try to attach him again. So here is my current before picture with all 3 librarians I am not really feeling right now.

Dj6ufVc.jpg

I, CaptnRussia, vow on the honour of the Black Templars to fully paint at least one minimum sized Assault Centurion unit armed with Hurricane Bolters, Meltas, and Siege Drills from Codex: Space Marines and worth 222 points by Saturday 7th January 2018. I promise to provide at least one "start" picture and a final "vow completed" picture in that time. I vow to bring honour to Dorn and the Emperor by completing my vow and not failing my brothers-in-arms.

Ave Imperator!

My starting pics

BpoAHvb.jpgvH7K359.jpg

Vow 2:

I, Semper Fortis, vow on the honour of Legio VII, the Imperial Fists, to fully paint at least one Praetor with power sword and archeotech pistol from Legiones Astartes: Age of Darkness Army List, and worth 130 points by Saturday 7th January 2018. I promise to provide at least one "start" picture and a final "vow completed" picture in that time. I vow to bring honour to Dorn and the Emperor by completing my vow and not failing my brothers-in-arms.

Ave Imperator!

gallery_86689_11936_1108123.jpg

Edited by Semper Fortis

Tankus Wokus: Welcome to the Expansion with an impressive vow! I had completely forgotten that you collected Crimson Guard. I've recently started painting some myself so now I feel a little less lonely. ;)

Brother_Gneecapper: Yep, that's fine. Welcome!

valhalla: It's tough painting something you don't really feel like painting but it'll be worth it in the end, I think. Shame the cherub snapped off. Have you tried pinning it?

Semper Fortis: Congrats on completing your first vow! I like the dead leaves you put on the base, where are they from? And I look forward to seeing your Praetor painted up. :tu:

CaptnRussia: Welcome to the event! Those are some characterful conversions you have there, I look forward to seeing the models painted up!

Keep up the excellent work, brothers and sisters! :tu:

Oh, and last but not least...

+List updated to this point.+

I, Thurservor, vow on the honour of Vorpal Swords to fully paint at least: Apothecary, Company Champion, Cataphracti Terminators (x5) and Catapharcti Captain from Codex: Space Marin es, and worth 465 points, by Saturday 7th January 2018. I promise to provide at least one "start" picture and a final "vow completed" picture in that time. I vow to bring honour to Dorn and the Emperor by completing my vow and not failing my brothers-in-arms.

Ave Imperator!

So here it is:

Apothecary Galian primus medicae of 3rd Company 

C3EYXx2.jpg

Company Champion Trojden

yyoIAmu.jpgK3ZtbpY.jpgZ0tg6ZE.jpg

Both are a patchwork of spare bits I had in my boxes with leftovers, but with new edition I actually found them useful.
Anyway as for the Cataphracti, I will post them as soon as those god damned post people will finally bring it, as they are 5 days overdue for now. I decided to post the champion and apothecary now since I need them painted for saturday's game and wanted to have them here before I start. 

I'll edit the post as soon as the mail order arrives.

Regarding 2 of my 3 vows, here are the results:

Apothecary Galian:

6fg8nlU.jpg

sD5zW1D.jpgZByywxv.jpg

Company Champion Trojden:

sUGPwSq.jpg

h44txAW.jpgEd85HWN.jpg

Regarding Trojden notice the fact that even though Vorpal Swords color scheme is light green with black, Trojden wears the golden armor, one of 10 such artificer crafted relics, asigned to 9 (1-9) company champions as well as to chapter champion. 

Moving on I expand my vow with the following:

- 2 x 5 man hellblaster squads both with plasma incinerators, amounting to 344 points in total for both squads. 

dmwLvGd.jpg

Semper Fortis: Congrats on completing your first vow! I like the dead leaves you put on the base, where are they from? And I look forward to seeing your Praetor painted up. :tu:

Leaves are Natural Leaf Litter from Green Stuff World. If memory serves me, they're birch seeds.

valhalla: Yep, please! :)

Thurservor: I can't add your new vow because you still have units from the first one which aren't done. You've got to finish your first vow before making a second one. :tu:

Semper Fortis: Thanks! I've just placed an order with them through my local shop.

I've actually been trying to paint a few models after not painting since February. Too bad I already made five terminators this week too far along to vow them now, didn't think of checking for any ongoing events first. Lookin' bad-ass, though, repurposed some BT ones into the CF ranks with some FW bling! Phalanx Warder shields work very nicely as Indomitus terminator storm shields! As would the Cataprachtii shields I'm sure, but I don't have those.

Running into my usual problems trying to paint though - not being able to use Necron Abyss for vehicles because it'd run out (I only have like half a pot anymore) plus getting an even coat on vehicles with a brush sucks and is too thick to airbrush even when thinned (gotta try VGC Night Blue as a replacement at some point). And don't even get me started on my renewed attempts at IF colors, JFC, I swear it's almost enough to make one turn to Chaos.

valhalla: Yep, please! :)

Thurservor: I can't add your new vow because you still have units from the first one which aren't done. You've got to finish your first vow before making a second one. :tu:

Semper Fortis: Thanks! I've just placed an order with them through my local shop.

Chaplain Dosjetka

I sent you a pm. Instead of postiing a new vow, I accidentally replaced the old one. That's what I get for clicking before I read.

I, Matteus, vow on the honour of the Legio VII Imperial Fists to fully paint at least one Captain in Cataphract Armour with combi-bolter and chainfist, one Tactical Marine with bolt pistol and chainsword with four Tactical Marines with bolters, and one Venerable Dreadnaught with Assault Cannon and Dreadnaught Combat Weapon from Codex: Space Marines, and worth 966 points by Saturday 7th January 2018. I promise to provide at least one "start" picture and a final "vow completed" picture in that time. I vow to bring honour to Dorn and the Emperor by completing my vow and not failing my brothers-in-arms.

Ave Imperator!

gallery_94498_13880_1874401.jpg
gallery_94498_13880_1643995.jpg
gallery_94498_13880_1451125.jpg
Edited by Matteus

I've actually been trying to paint a few models after not painting since February. Too bad I already made five terminators this week too far along to vow them now, didn't think of checking for any ongoing events first. Lookin' bad-ass, though, repurposed some BT ones into the CF ranks with some FW bling! Phalanx Warder shields work very nicely as Indomitus terminator storm shields! As would the Cataprachtii shields I'm sure, but I don't have those.

Running into my usual problems trying to paint though - not being able to use Necron Abyss for vehicles because it'd run out (I only have like half a pot anymore) plus getting an even coat on vehicles with a brush sucks and is too thick to airbrush even when thinned (gotta try VGC Night Blue as a replacement at some point). And don't even get me started on my renewed attempts at IF colors, JFC, I swear it's almost enough to make one turn to Chaos.

I hope you'll find a way to join in, tvih! I know the Vallejo Opaque range was designed to mimick the Citadel Foundation range so you might have some luck there, too.

I sent you a pm. Instead of postiing a new vow, I accidentally replaced the old one. That's what I get for clicking before I read.

Your vow's points value has been amended. :tu:

I, Matteus, vow on the honour of the Legio VII Imperial Fists to fully paint at least one Captain in Cataphract Armour with combi-bolter and chainfist, one Tactical Marine with bolt pistol and chainsword with four Tactical Marines with bolters, and one Venerable Dreadnaught with Assault Cannon and Dreadnaught Combat Weapon from Codex: Space Marines, and worth 966 points by Saturday 7th January 2018. I promise to provide at least one "start" picture and a final "vow completed" picture in that time. I vow to bring honour to Dorn and the Emperor by completing my vow and not failing my brothers-in-arms.

Ave Imperator!

Welcome to the Expansion, Matteus! Good luck with your vow!

+ Updated to this point. +