Well, I am very happy to report that the Thunderbolt is near completion, only some minor detailing and highlighting to do:

gallery_26154_4148_1630255.jpg

gallery_26154_4148_821344.jpg

gallery_26154_4148_1237949.jpg

Hopefully I will have him finished before this week is out and then I can move on to continue some further Reclamation of old models in need of love and care.

And I am happy to report a completion! The venerable Vindicator of the Vanquishers, "Thunderbolt" is officially complete for my First Vow of the Expansion.

med_gallery_26154_6860_1639297.jpg

med_gallery_26154_6860_797527.jpg

I'll post up my new vow soon, I just need to run something by Dos first as I want to complete a squad I began for a previous Imperial Fists event with 1 model.

Cambrius

I, Brother Ninn, vow on the honour of the Imperial Fists to fully paint at least two full Devastator-Squads with 4 Missilelaunchers, one full Devastator-Squads with 4 LAS Cannons, two full Tactical Squads with Flamers and missile launchers, an Apothecary, a Company Champion, a Librarian and a Captain from Codex Adeptus Astartes , and worth 1280 points, by Saturday 7th January 2018. I promise to provide at least one "start" picture and a final "vow completed" picture in that time. I vow to bring honour to Dorn and the Emperor by completing my vow and not failing my brothers-in-arms.

Ave Imperator!

Link to blogpost with all pictures.

[edit]
omg, how hard can it be to post or link images here .. 

Edited by ninn

And I am happy to report a completion! The venerable Vindicator of the Vanquishers, "Thunderbolt" is officially complete for my First Vow of the Expansion.

*snip*

I'll post up my new vow soon, I just need to run something by Dos first as I want to complete a squad I began for a previous Imperial Fists event with 1 model.

Cambrius

Congrats, Cambrius! A fine beast you have painted, I look forward to seeing what else you have in store for us! :thumbsup:

I, Brother Ninn, vow on the honour of the Imperial Fists to fully paint at least two full Devastator-Squads with 4 Missilelaunchers, one full Devastator-Squads with 4 LAS Cannons, two full Tactical Squads with Flamers and missile launchers, an Apothecary, a Company Champion, a Librarian and a Captain from Codex Adeptus Astartes , and worth 1280 points, by Saturday 7th January 2018. I promise to provide at least one "start" picture and a final "vow completed" picture in that time. I vow to bring honour to Dorn and the Emperor by completing my vow and not failing my brothers-in-arms.

Ave Imperator!

Link to blogpost with all pictures.

[edit]

omg, how hard can it be to post or link images here .. 

Welcome to the B&C and the Expansion, ninn!

It's not all that difficult, actually. All you need is the picture's link (right-click the picture and select "Copy Image Location" from the drop-down menu). Once you have that, in the posting toolbar you have a small picture icon on the second row (directly to the right of the blue < > icon). Click that, paste the link within the input box, click "OK", and you're done! If you need any more help, let me know. :thumbsup:

+ UPDATED TO THIS POST. +

Hi! :-)

It's not all that difficult, actually. All you need is ...

Did this .. worked great for the first Image. Then I wanted to add a spoiler with the other images, wasnt working ... and BBC-ode was added in the img-tags the bbc edit mode ... same for [ url ] ... it bacame a mess very quickly, and no edit was able to rescue it. Even the link took me several edits to get right. ... then even the normal add-image-button stopped working for new posts too ...  i normally can do that stuff without problems :-)

Nevermind.  Start-image supplied. Have to work now, no time to loose :P

Hmm... yeah, the code can sometimes be a little tricky to work with when you start adding bits and pieces. Anyway, the offer for help still stands if you need it. :thumbsup:

ok, thanks!

Here, can you please hold this size 0 brush and start blocking out all the colors. The brush must not touch the yellow at all costs!

Thanks for the help, buddy. :happy.:

Hahaha, I feel your pain. ;) I only use size 1 and 2 brushes (2 for basecoats, blocking out colours, and washes, 1 for everything else) or drybrushes. It takes a while to get used to using a big brush but I find it makes the job a lot easier and you tend to get used to making small mistakes which you shouldn't really worry about.

Anyway, to each their own. :tu:

omg ... my airbrush clogged really bad in the middle of the zenithal highlighting ...  I guess, the nozzle is dead. Cant even insert the needle anymore.

http://www.timeactor.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/11/100_8137.jpg

... kill ... me ....

[comment after 3rd edit]

Brother Chaplain Dosjetka, why doesn't this image show? I really don't get it...

Edited by ninn

omg ... my airbrush clogged really bad in the middle of the zenithal highlighting ...  I guess, the nozzle is dead. Cant even insert the needle anymore.

Soak it in some airbrush thinner ... should do the job

Polyurethane primer, hair from a new cheap brush, nothing small enough to insert and scrape free. was already soaked overnight in ab cleaner (not thinner).

I already found another 0.2 nozzle, that I happen to have on another airbrush, same brand. I was lucky. :-)

Almost... done... with the second librarian. My old codicier model. He was quite as detailed as the newer models, but still pretty cool. I used a micropen to even add the design for the codicier to his loin cloth.

Is it okay if we post WIP pics?

Grrr. I just realized the codicier symbol had 5 ray spikes emanating from it's arc, not 3. So I painted over it and tried again. It looks right, but I think it looked better before. Now I've 'ardcoated him, I'm waiting for him to dry to dullcote him, and then I'll add grass tufts and call it done. Then I just have the Libby in terminator armor left for my vow.

Basecolorr with zenithal preshading done, all drybrushed with dorn yellow. Made them quite light. But I wanted some highlights before blocking out colors, specifically before adding a wash.

Currently blocking out colors. Mainly black (read: dark grey).

It is a very tedious work. But I want to finish it fast. I can do about 10 marines an evening. Hope to finish that step in some days. 

after that, i will start filing in color. 

Already loving how they look.

http://www.timeactor.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/11/100_8154.jpg

Edited by ninn

Outstanding stuff my fellow sons of Dorn! We're slowly but surely fulfilling our vows and increasing our armies' capabilities.

About time I made my second vow. Now having reviewed the new Codex I managed to sort out the previous issues as they've now split up the Apothecary and Champion and Standard Bearer Company Ancient, although I am a little perplexed at the denial of wargear for the Ancient and Apothecary. But the rules of a Chapter Champion apparently having two swords did catch my attention and made me break out the bitz box for something fun.

So thus:

I, Brother Cambrius, vow on the honour of the Vanquishers and Sons of Doom to fully paint:

1. 1x Chapter Champion
  2. 1x Apothecary
  3. 1x Company Ancient
  4. 1x 3-man Bike Squad and Attack Bike, armed with a Power Axe, Melta Gun and Multi-Melta
  5. 1x Dreadnoguht with a Twin-Lascannon and Heavy Flamer

worth 538 points by Saturday 7th January 2017. I promise to provide at least one "start" picture and a final "vow completed" picture in that time. I vow to bring honour to Dorn and the Emperor by completing my vow and not failing my brothers-in-arms.

Ave Imperator!

And here's their current statuses:

med_gallery_26154_4148_423557.jpg

Those brothers who may remember the Walls Fail, Fists Do Not event form the start of last year may recognise these models. It's about time I finished them off. The Plasma Pistol may be illegal on the Apothecary, but I care not. Rule of Cool after all. :biggrin.:

med_gallery_26154_4148_291889.jpg

Now these guys have had a much, much longer wait, as I got these guys 10 years ago(!?), so it's about time they got painted alongside their brother who I tested my bike livery on for my first army, the Sons of Doom, whom are also descendants of Dorn and the Crimson Fists.

med_gallery_26154_4148_894015.jpg

This Dreadnought is going to be my obligatory 'Operation Reclamation' part of the Vow. It was my friend's model (alongside the Vindicator from earlier) and it has seen better days, with the Lascannons losing their cowling and with the legs originally broken off of the base. The arms have been glued together, but I'm keeping that as it is, just needing to adjust the barrels of the lascannons and also add something fun on the base.

med_gallery_26154_4148_193554.jpg

med_gallery_26154_4148_541044.jpg

And last but not least, my new Chapter Champion with his twin swords. There's a mix of Black Templars and Blood Angels bitz on him, but there is a reason behind both icons on the champion's wargear.

And that's that. Time to break out the glue, paints and graft.

Cambrius