I've already taken before pics of my next few vows. Even though I haven't finished the 3rd librarian yet, tomorrow is my only day of the week off, and I need to use that time to break out the airbrush and basecoat models.

So my next vow, an assault squad, is getting assembled tonight so I can prime and basecoat tomorrow, along with extra marines for my dev squads, my Imperial Space Marine, my company champion, and my sixth squad of tactical marines. All of those should eventually be seen here as vows, if i can finish this librarian.

Edited by valhalla130

Here are my assault marines I'll be doing for my next vow... it took way too long to assemble these and I seemed to drop everything the whole time. Plus, my two older boxes I purchased a while back do not have arms for flamers or the flamers themselves. Pretty sure I have the weapons, but not sure about the arms. I need to check when I get home.

pFcPMad.jpg

Apologies for the late reply and update, brothers and sisters. I had a beverage-filled birthday weekend which kept me busy for longer than anticipated. ;)

Anyway, congratulations to JAG Templar for finishing your vow! The Apothecary looks fantastic and I'm looking forward to seeing your second vow. :tu:

Cambrius: Looking forward to seeing your models, as per usual!

ninn: Your progress is looking good, keep it up! And I hope you managed to find a solution to your airbrush issue!

valhalla: Looking forward to seeing the third Librarian (the first two look good). :tu:

Oh, and...

+ Updated to this point. +

I, TheOneTrueZon, vow on the honour of The Black Templars, to fully paint at least one Imperial Knight Crusader worth 320 points by Saturday 7th January 2018. I promise to provide at least one "start" picture and a final "vow completed" picture in that time. I vow to bring honour to Dorn and the Emperor by completing my vow and not failing my brothers-in-arms.

Ave Imperator!

Edited by TheOneTrueZon

I, Capitano, vow on the honour of the Soul Drinkers Chapter to fully paint at least a Relic Leviathan Dreadnought w/two heavy flamers from the Codex Adeptus Astartes Forge World Rulebook, and worth 209 points by Saturday 7th January 2018.  I promise to provide at least one "start" picture and a final "vow complete" picture in that time.  I vow to bring honour to Dorn and the Emperor by completing my vow and not failing my brothers-in-arms.

Ave Imperator.

518c403de102bff06edd782246a79ad9.jpg

I plan on replacing the volkite with the flamers and cut off the front and put a death watch storm shield there and the chaplain wings from the chaplain dreadnought right there

These things here

from Chin...Forgeworld

00cbfaee7a6b606febd385189193f3af.jpg

Cambria: I found a cool robot arm from the FW character upgrade kit, and one, exactly ONE, arm that looks like it's holding the barrel of a rifle for one flamer dude.

The other one I lucked out on also. I decided to model the other one like he was running forward and shoving his flamer into someone's face. And to make that work, from somewhere, not sure what kit, I managed to locate (in my bits box) an open hand from a space marine for the left hand.

And I appreciate the offer, but I live in the US.

ninn: I actually have the 32mm bases already. They're being painted separately and attached later.

Edited by valhalla130

I, Thurservor, vow on the honour of Vorpal Swords to fully paint at least: Apothecary, Company Champion, Cataphracti Terminators (x5) and Catapharcti Captain from Codex: Space Marin es, and worth 465 points, by Saturday 7th January 2018. I promise to provide at least one "start" picture and a final "vow completed" picture in that time. I vow to bring honour to Dorn and the Emperor by completing my vow and not failing my brothers-in-arms.

Ave Imperator!

So here it is:

Apothecary Galian primus medicae of 3rd Company 

Company Champion Trojden

Both are a patchwork of spare bits I had in my boxes with leftovers, but with new edition I actually found them useful.
Anyway as for the Cataphracti, I will post them as soon as those god damned post people will finally bring it, as they are 5 days overdue for now. I decided to post the champion and apothecary now since I need them painted for saturday's game and wanted to have them here before I start. 

I'll edit the post as soon as the mail order arrives.

Regarding 2 of my 3 vows, here are the results:

Apothecary Galian:

Company Champion Trojden:

Regarding Trojden notice the fact that even though Vorpal Swords color scheme is light green with black, Trojden wears the golden armor, one of 10 such artificer crafted relics, asigned to 9 (1-9) company champions as well as to chapter champion. 

Moving on I expand my vow with the following:

- 2 x 5 man hellblaster squads both with plasma incinerators, amounting to 344 points in total for both squads. 

Progress on my vow:

vow 1 - 

finally got my cataphracty into my workshop:

224880j.jpg

vow 2 

hellblasters ( 4 out of 10) are done and rest is comming soon:

FoUoSrs.jpg

also I would like to add a new vow which is 2 x legion preator, that both of those guys will serve as Vorpal Swords captains

SjxiYTA.jpg

Edited by Thurservor

First Vow Completed

Took a dremel tool to the front of it that night and ripped it up

took the power stacks from the scrap chaplain dread and glued it to the leviathan dread to give it MOR POWER...

then glued the wings to the Front

If this thing is gonna be a relic...its going all out

cd64a13a0628cff4d1bd41bad8617b4f.jpg

64db019aa0d1b86e47f9574d5f3f2a46.jpg

b16c867106c658c65ce7169d9fabb278.jpg

So is it ok to vow something else before finishing your first vow?  I have 5 hellblasters and an ancient to finish but damn I'm getting hobby ADHD right now lol

no offense to Crimson Fist fans but I'm not enjoying painting them .... and damn I am not enjoying painting the ancient's banner lol

Got all black blocked out, except on the captain. but will finish it later today.

all. black. blocked out. this is huge step. I really want to start on other colors now. Will work on bags and bolters now. Especially hyped for the Apothecary (first white model), the librarian (will be painted with inks) and the captain (painting yellow without airbrush).

http://www.timeactor.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/11/100_8178.jpg

my camera is :cuss, btw.

Just about finished Kazuhira today. Just a few touch ups to do and need to finish the basing, and he'll be done. I'll take more formal pictures when he's finished, but my skills are definitely a bit rusty (not that I was the best painter to begin with :sweat:). Hopefully going to start painting a bit more nowadays, and regain those lost skills. Not much else to say, to be quite honest. I do feel that my scheme needs more range, though, so I'll probably be using a few more accent colors in my army from here on out.

med_gallery_78067_12186_88712.jpg

Not quite finished, but coming along nicely. Got a few ideas for my next vow too, so that should be good! ;)

Currently blocking out reds and browns for insignia and purity seals, second pass on the black. Always impressive, how many parts you missed painting or are in need of a second coat. After a second black coat they look so much better ... and the red on the aquila gives them their Imperial Fists look!

yesterday, I sidetracked, since I found a quite easy way to to my company badges: Thinned down darkgrey and pure white very much, till i got a very thin glase. with that and a sharp brush, i started to paint in the shape I wanted. Since the paint is so transparent, you can easily get a feel for the finished look you are going for, always darkening the parts you like. Checherpatters ere suddenly no problems anymore, and they stayed centered. I went back and forth with grey and black, 3, 4 times, till i had the pattern I wanted. 

Normally, I did thiose badges at the very last minute, but I think it is a good idea to make those badges before the washing/highlighting/weathering starts this time. 

Cant wait to start washing them - this is the most fun part! Will take at least  some more weeks.

Welcome to TheOneTrueZon and Capitano! And, well, congratulations to Capitano for already having completed his vow! :tu:

ninn: Good and steady progress, brother. I look forward to seeing the next stages!

SoD: As I said elsewhere, solid work!

Kisada and Thurservor: No new vows until you finish your previous one!

Last but not least, apologies for my lack of updates and participation here. I've been distracted by other areas of the forum and by real life shenanigans. I do however plan to be more active around here in the very near future so keep the vows, posts, and pictures coming. :tu:

+ Updated to this post. +

Second Vow Time

Five man Lascannon squad

Four Lascannon and a sarge with an  armorium cherub

170 points

I will be using Mark III armor for this squad 

and yes they will be Soul Drinkers

There is 10 in the bag but I am only going to use five

3afa5acb8257eed1cc7565a44899e01d.jpg

Yes there is only three there but the forth is in my storage building I hope

ec9c115914ab3943e6e351317c5f32ea.jpg